We're Number One! Blah, blah, blah . . . any company can hype or "twist" the facts or numbers to make the We're Number One claim in one area or another. In this case, we're just reporting what the 40,000+ votes in The Record Courier's Best of Carson Valley poll will show this Friday: The Carson Valley Inn won a whopping 19 awards – ten for 1st place and the other nine for 2nd or 3rd. Wow – we are honored! We'll proudly put these 19 kudos next to our 2014 Best Casino in Nevada award as voted by the print and online readers of Nevada Magazine!
September $10,000 Cash Giveaway Drawings Conclude Next Tuesday: We're bringing September to an end Inn Style next Tuesday evening by giving away the rest of our guaranteed $10,000 between the Carson Valley Inn and Bodine's casino. CVI drawings are at 6 & 8 p.m.
The annual Genoa Candy and Craft Faire is this Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. As a friendly reminder, downtown Genoa is closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. to early evening both days so you'll have to use Jacks Valley Road if you are heading to either of the Genoa Lakes golf courses. To help make it easier for you to attend the event, the Town of Genoa is running Shuttle Service between the Carson Valley Inn and Genoa during the Candy Dance hours. The fare is $3 round trip, payable to the driver.
Speaking of Genoa, our friends at Getaway Reno/Tahoe ran a great blog about Genoa last week and we are pleased share it with you along with the above video on Genoa.
Update on Scheduled Bus Service between Reno Airport and Carson Valley: We spoke to the folks at Amador Stage Lines a few days ago and they are still on target to start this service in early November. The schedule is just about finalized and there will be four round-trips 7 days a week between the Carson Valley and Reno (both the airport and downtown). They hope to have complete details finalized in about 10 days.
This Part's About Golf:
This Part's About Golf:
- Golf Joke Contest Winner: Congratulations to Darrell Schue of Lake Tahoe who won a spot on the Divine Nine Golf Media Tour next Tuesday with the golf joke he submitted in the Hooked on Golf contest we mentioned the last two weeks. We got a chance to look at the top half-dozen jokes and, as you might expect with golf jokes, they were all quite humorous . . . and most a little too risqué for our blog.
- This is No Joke: What we can and will mention is the incredible popularity the Carson Valley Inn enjoys as headquarters for about 100 different golf groups each year. We arrange all of the tee times, food and beverage functions, side trips for the non-golfers, etc. Many groups have already booked for 2015 and we'd welcome the opportunity to learn more about your group. Click here for a starting look at our golf package approach and then give Greg a call at 775-783-6615 for more information!
Events at the Inn: The Business Council of Douglas County Critical Issues Conference is sold out for this Thursday but there are still tickets available for the Douglas County Republican Women Dinner & Fashion Show this Saturday. Call Janet at 775-267-2991. The playing spots are now all filled for the Bunko for Breast Cancer fundraising event on Saturday, October 11. If you'd like to get on a waiting list, or to make a donation to the cancer center or provide a prize for the event, contact Pamela at 775-215-1027. There are many more community events coming up in our Valley Ballroom this fall and we will continue to mention them here in our blog. If you are interested in holding a banquet, Christmas party, meeting, seminar or other function in our convention center, please call Carrie at 775-783-6673.
Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Mike's Horses: Global Hottie returned from a 10-month break to win the feature race for California-bred fillies and mares at Los Alamitos last Thursday. Trained by Hall of Famer Bob Baffert, Global Hottie has two wins in three career starts. West coast thoroughbred racing now shifts to the L.A. area as the fall season starts at Santa Anita Park this weekend. It's all leading up to the Breeders' Cup races at Santa Anita on October 31 and November 1. Remember, we have full pari-mutuel horse betting at both the Carson Valley Inn and Bodines Casino. Bet the horses, watch the races, have a snack delivered to your seat and then go through the cycle again when the football games start!
- Progressive Pro PK'em Jackpot: the pot is now hovering at $3000 for this weekend's games . . . simply pick the card's 15 NFL winners straight up and the jackpot is yours. It's just $5 and you can enter as often as you like!
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: George Pickard appears tonight, After Dark entertains Thursday – Saturday, NFL Football fills the Cabaret Sunday and Monday nights and Paul Covarelli takes the stage Tuesday and Wednesday.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with Prosciutto, Wild Rice and Cherry Port glaze served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $27.00!
- Ladies' Night –Tonight! Each of tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a gift basket from World Market and the first 150 ladies to check in tonight will receive a specially made CVI logo cookie from the local Chocolate Shoppe in Gardnerville.
Your Turn to Talk to Us! Use the comments section below and let us know your comments, suggestions or questions. You can also shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!