Okie from Muskogee was one of Merle Haggard's biggest hits and it was definitely a song that spoke to the era of the Vietnam conflict. What better way to warm up for Merle's Friday concert than catching this version from . . . well, let's just say "a few years ago." While still five weeks away, the Gary Allan Concert tickets are selling quite well, so please don't miss out! Check our webpage for information on all the 2015concerts scheduled so far for TJ's Corral.
Plenty Happening at the Carson Valley Inn This Week!
Friday's Merle Haggard sold-out concert is definitely the biggest event happening at the Carson Valley Inn this weekend. But, there's plenty more including:
- The Grand Prize drawings in our $50,000 Cash and FreePlay Giveaway promotion are this Thursday at 6 and 8 PM.
- Our new Friday & Saturday B.B.Q. Platter dinner special in Katie's starts this weekend: smoked BBQ beef brisket and a BBQ chicken breast served with mashed potatoes, vegetable, corn bread, smoky BBQ sauce and cole slaw for $10.99.
- We have a Free Sharkey's Grand Opening T-Shirt (while they last) for all Inn Club members who earn 25 points on Monday.
- Our Cinco de Mayo Celebration on Tuesday includes 5X Points all day; Drawings at noon, 2 PM, 4 PM, and 6 PM for up to $5,000; $3.99 Beef Burrito or Chicken Enchilada in Katie's and $4.99 for Two Beef Tacos at the casino bars.
- A slightly unorthodox guide to sports this week at the CVI:
- Watch It Here, Bet It Here: The Kentucky Derby will be shown throughout the casino this Saturday afternoon. While Mike doesn't have a horse running in the Derby this year, he does have three horses scheduled to run this weekend: Air Pocket Thursday at Santa Anita, Five Palms Friday at Churchill Downs and Gimme Da Lute Saturday at Churchill Downs. Remember, in horse racing things can and do change right up to post time!
- Watch It Here, Can't Bet It Here:The NFL Draft will keep the talking heads busy this weekend - watch it ad nauseam at the CVI, but no bets taken!
- Bet It Here, Can't Watch It Here: the Pacquiao vs Mayweather Fight is drawing sports book action now with Mayweather a heavy favorite . . . but we will not be showing the fight.
Sharkey's Ribbon Cutting Friday
|Antique Slot at |
Entrance to Jackpot Cafe
time to celebrate with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and official grand reopening of
- The large picture behind the Guest Services counter is Merle Haggard, Sharkey Begovich and Stu Carnall.
- Some of the pictures and memorabilia in Sharkey's are actually "on loan" from local residents who offered them for display to help us depict the historic character of Sharkey's. If you have something that might also help tell the Sharkey's story, get in touch with one of the Managers on Duty.
- Finishing exterior touches still to come for Sharkey's include two large murals celebrating the "World Famous Gardnerville" and the completion of the display boxes on the front of the building telling more about the Silver Dollar Bar, the Jackpot Café and antique slots.
- What's on the menu at Sharkey's? Click here and read all about it!
- In next week's blog, we may even share why the Guest Services sign is spelled Guest Service's!
Mother's Day is one of the biggest dining out days of the year . . .and between Katie's and CV Steak we provide ample availability right here at the Carson Valley Inn!
- CV Steak is open for dinner on Mother's Day from 4:30 p.m. offering a selection of steaks,
- Katie's is open 24 hours and is serving a Traditional Eggs Benedict special from 7 to 11 a.m. on Mother's Day and two dinner specials from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Eggs Benedict includes toasted English muffin, grilled Canadian bacon, two poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce and hash browns for $5.99. Katie's Mother Day dinner specials are Pan Seared Fillet of Sole with herbed rice pilaf and seasonal vegetables and Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta with shaved asparagus and garlic bread. Both dinner specials are $11.99 and include choice of soup or salad and Katie's dinner bread. Katie's "The Chandler" dinner special will not be served on Mother's Day.
- Last Reminder: Our Mother's Day Weekend Hotel Package is still available with hotel accommodations for Friday and Saturday, May 8 and 9 plus $80 in food certificates for any of our restaurants.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the last set of three April kitchen utensils. Also enjoy hot seat drawings for Yankee Candle Gift Sets, ladies-only drink specials, a ladies-only slot tournament and more.
- Lamb Shank in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Braised Lamb Shank with Chimichurri and Pearl Barley Risotto - a lamb shank braised and slow cooked with herbs, Cabernet and mustards and served with a pearl barley risotto and tableside-tossed salad for $28.00.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: George Pickard is here tonight, The Nighthawks make a one-night appearance on Thursday, the John Dawson Band entertains Friday and Saturday, and Phil Prunier takes the stage Sunday through Wednesday nights.
- We Thought You Should Know: This Thursday is Oatmeal Cookie Day and we just happen to sell these tasty sweets at the Bakery Counter in Katie's! Sunday is Two Different Colored Shoes Day – come on, admit it, you've always wanted an excuse to do it for a day! Monday is Firefighters Day - and we salute and thank the men and women of the East Fork Fireand Paramedic Districts who are ALWAYS there for us when we need them!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!