Is One of These Three People Performing Next Week at the CVI? If you are a regular reader of our weekly Wednesday morning blog postings, you know that we will occasionally embellish things to make them sound a little more exhilarating. You can't really blame us; it's really tough these days to get anyone to read anything unless you can WOW them with something absolutely spectacular! So, back to the subject: Turns out one of the three people in this picture will actually perform in our Cabaret Lounge next Thursday, July 2 and it isn't one of the ladies. Stop by next Thursday evening, July 2 and check it out!
Rodney Atkins Concert this Saturday, June 27 2006 Academy of Country Music Top New Male
Tanya Tucker Concert Friday, July 3 Nine-time Grammy nominee and recipient of eight Gold and four Platinum albums, Tanya Tucker has had 23 Top 40 albums and 56 Top 40 singles with 41 of these reaching the Top 10, 33 advancing to the Top 5, and 10 No. 1 hits. A stellar career by any standards!
38 Special Concert on Thursday, July 23: When you read "Quicken Loans Arena" what's the first thing that comes to your mind? If you're sports a fan of any level, you know that's the arena where the Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier this month for the NBA Championship. How does that relate to our 38 Special Concert? If you live in the Cleveland area, and want to see 38 Special this July, you'll have to go to the massive Quicken Loans Arena and hope to catch a glimpse. If you're in northern Nevada and want to see 38 Special, you can catch them in the close-up setting of TJ's Corral where the furthest seat from the front of the stage is less than the length of an NBA basketball court.
|Mike Pegram, Susie Messina, Sherry Dilly, Brenda Robertson, Jeri Johnson and Coach MIke Tice with check for $128,500 - before an additional $2,000 was received!|
Mike Tice Charity Golf Weekend Yields $130K for Boys & Girls Club:
An incredible weekend of fun and generosity combined to raise over $130,000 for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch. What an awesome effort by the friends of Mike Tice from around the country, the local sponsors and participants and the match contribution made by Mike Pegram. Some of the key things we learned this weekend:
- Mike Tice can sing as he proved (sort of) by joining in on some of the harmonies as Decades performed Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" at the Crawfish Feed on Saturday night in TJ's Corral.
- TJ's Corral is the perfect venue for a summer night party as over 400 people showed us by turning what started out as a "how can this possibly be exciting" Crawfish Feed into a full-blown, high-energy party!
- Much to our surprise, you can cook and serve JT Restaurant and Bar French fries to 140 people over 5 hours on the 12th tee at the Golf Club at Genoa Lakes!
- Given 40 women, two hours and an ample supply of wine, a good instructor can help all the participants turn out a fairly decent acrylic painting independent of their level of talent!
- Ask anyone who participated in the Saturday night party or the Sunday golf tournament what they thought . . . Every one of them told us they can't wait for next year's event!
Blood Drive at CVI July 1. We know it's still a week away, but now is the time to pull out your calendar and mark down Wednesday, July 1 to donate blood right here at the Carson Valley Inn. United Blood Services is holding their annual All-American Blood Drive from noon to 6 PM next Wednesday in our parking lot. To make an appointment, you can go to www.bloodhero.com and enter code All American or call 800-696-4484. Not that anyone we know donates blood for this reason, but when you donate at any of the northern Nevada United Blood Services drives through September 5 you are able to enter a drawing to win a new 2015 4-Door Toyota Corolla LE Plus!
Ah Ha for Ahi! We used the picture to the left in one of our CV Steak Facebook Page postings earlier this week and it looked so very inviting we just had to use it again in our blog! This incredible appetizer is just $10 for a generous portion of seared Ahi Tuna server with a Yin and Yang of a wasabi soy sauce and a toasted sesame seed soy sauce. We also include a taste of wakami salad, pickled ginger and a dollop of straight Wasabi! CV Steak manager Mike Meza suggests a glass of Meiomi Pinot Noir to accompany your Ahi appetizer. Not that we doubt Mike, but we tried this combination and he is spot on!!
Horseless Carriage Motor Vehicles in Town Next Week: Watch around the CVI and the Carson Valley next week as the Horseless Carriage Club Harvest Tour headquarters here for festivities and tours Sunday through Thursday. A great opportunity to check out what the Horseless Carriage Club of America defines as "any pioneer gas, steam and electric motor vehicle built or manufactured prior to January 1, 1916."
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the last in the set of June canisters. Also enjoy hot seat drawings for Blue Cow Cheese Company Baskets, ladies-only drink specials and more.
- Duck Friday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Maple Leaf Farms Grilled Duck Breast served with fresh vegetable, choice of potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked) and tableside tossed salad all for $28.00. Sundays in CV Steak we feature one pound of King Crab Legs for $32 and that also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: George Pickard is here tonight, The Vegas Road Show entertains Thursday through Saturday nights and Greg Austin appears Sunday through Wednesday nights. You can also watch and bet Major League Baseball games, NASCAR and horseracing!