Harley Giveaways Tonight! Yes, tonight is the night and we guarantee we will be giving away a Free Harley - or choose $10,000 cash - at both the Carson Valley Inn and Bodines Casino. The drawings are at 5 and 7 PM at Bodines and at 6 and 8 PM at the CVI. We've been talking about it all month and now it's time to see who comes out the winner at each location. Many, many of you are entered . . . So come on down tonight because you have to be present to win!
Some New Katie's Dinner Specials in October: Katie's is continuing the tradition of offering a different value-packed dinner special each day from 2 to 10 p.m. and we have some new specials for October. Mondays, Katie's is featuring a Pork Chile Verde Plate with rice and beans for $5.99. Corned Beef and Cabbage is returning on Tuesdays in October - served with red potatoes and creamed horseradish sauce for $6.99. On Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's has a new Captain's Platter including battered cod, butterflied fried shrimp, fried clam strips, French fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce and cocktail sauce for $11.99. Click here for all the Katie’s specials.
Progressive Giveaways and More October Promotions: We’re bringing back our Weekly Progressive Giveaways in October with a chance to win Cash & FreePlay every Friday and Saturday at Bodines Casino and the Carson Valley Inn. You automatically receive 1 free entry for every 5 points earned during the month and Sharkey’s customers receive their free entries into the weekly CVI Giveaways. Over 300 Winners will receive Cash & FreePlay prizes in October and the Progressive Jackpot starts at $2,500 and will progress $2,500 each drawing night if not hit - up to $20,000! The CVI also has 3X Points all day on Wednesdays and Saturdays and 5X Points all day on Halloween. Click here for information on all our October promotions!
Breast Cancer Awareness Month: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the granddaddy of local events for this cause is the annual Bunko for Breast Cancer coming up on Saturday, October 24 in our Valley Ballroom. The committee of GE Bently Nevada volunteers is busy now gathering prizes and accepting entries from individuals and teams. To get involved, contact Pamela at 775-215-1001 or click here to send her an email. 100% of all funds raised at this event are donated to the Carson Tahoe Cancer Resource Center.
$11,000 for Austin's House! Thanks to all who attended the Austinpalooza in TJ’s Corral a couple of weeks ago. And thanks also to the four bands who volunteered their time and talents. Your collective efforts plus contributions from GE Bently Nevada and the Carson Valley Inn raised over $11,000 for northern Nevada’s only emergency shelter and compassionate care home for children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect.
Ladies Poker Tournament Sunday: Our monthly ladies only No-limit Texas Hold'em Bounty Poker Tourney is this Sunday – a perfect opportunity for the ladies to enjoy camaraderie, laughs and prizes without the guys looking over your shoulder and rolling their eyes! Don’t let the “no-limit” part scare you. There’s a $40 buy-in which gives you $2,000 in tournament chips. There are no rebuys, so your maximum exposure is $40 even though you can bet your chips with a “no limit” approach. If you happen to get an hour of “live” poker play in prior to the tournament on Sunday, you get an extra $500 in tournament chips. And if you need to brush up on your game, come by at 3 PM Sunday when free poker lessons are offered. Check out all the Poker Room tournaments, promotions and special games at this link.
Race and Sports Book:
- This week you can watch and bet Horseracing, Major League Baseball games, NFL and College Football, and Sunday’s NASCAR AAA 400 at the Dover International Speedway.
- The PRO PK’EM jackpot has climbed to $3,008 on this week’s progressive parlay card.
- Our sports book crew had one word after last weekend’s NFL games: Ouch! Most of the favorites either won or “covered” and we learned once again that the house doesn’t always win . . . and that includes all three of our houses: CVI, Sharkey’s, and Bodines!
- Always getting in trouble for watching too much football on Sundays? Might as well buy the flowers and plan to move into the doghouse right now. This coming Sunday the Jets and Dolphins kick off at 6:30 a.m. Pacific Time in London which means sports junkies can go from 6:30 in the morning until the end of the Saints/Cowboys Sunday Night Football game about 14 hours later! And while we don't expect that anyone would actually do it, you could theoretically watch those 14 hours of football sitting in our Cabaret Lounge. By ordering one each of our seven bar bites (delivered to your seat) throughout the day, you'd have plenty to eat. The beer would also be delivered and you'd only have to get up for an occasional restroom trip and to place a bet or cash in a ticket at the sports book. Hmmm - perhaps somebody really will do this!?
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! Jonathan "JB" Barton performs tonight and Thursday, the John Dawson Band entertains Friday and Saturday nights, NFL Football is on Sunday and Monday Nights and Steve Lord appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. The John Dawson Band was a big hit with the many dozens of people who swarmed the Cabaret Lounge a couple of Fridays ago after the Lee Brice concert so we're bringing 'em back due to popular demand. John and his band are a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to play music and entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. Steve Lord is a main stage West Coast performer. A guitarist and dynamic vocalist, Steve presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Mike's Horses: A frustrating weekend with an out-of-the-money finish Friday at Los Alamitos followed by one scratch, one out-of-the-money and Hoppertunity finishing second in the Awesome Again Stakes at Santa Anita on Saturday.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night is OFF Tonight: With our sincere thanks to the many ladies who support this long-running Wednesday night promotion, we are taking a week off out of respect for our own ladies in the Casino Marketing Department. They will be very busy tonight with the grand finale drawings for Two Free Harleys or $10,000 Cash.
- Duck Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Grilled Duck Breast with onion jam marmalade and duck bacon for $28.00. Saturday night its Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It:
- Wednesday is Ask a Stupid Question Day on some calendars. But then last Monday, September 28 was Ask a Stupid Question Day on other calendars. Why the difference? Don't ask.
- Thursday is International Coffee Day which, we just found out, is different than Coffee Day which was on Tuesday, September 29 and only celebrated in the US. Seems “they” could agree to do this on the dame day but we don’t want to ask a stupid question!
- Friday is Techies Day - a great opportunity for us to give a shout out to our talented,
- Sunday is both Improve Your Office Day and National Vodka Day. Let's see: go into the office on Sunday and make some improvements . . . or enjoy a few Bloody Marys and a few flavored vodkas while watching the longest day of football? Oops - sorry, that was a Stupid Question!
- Monday is World Teachers Day - no joke or cute remark on this one . . . our sincere appreciation goes out to all the teachers who dedicate their careers to educating our youth!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!