It’s one of those weeks with quite a bit going on so we are deviating from our usual format and present this quick recap of what you can expect over the coming few days at the CVI:
- Tonight is Ladies’ Night and the first 150 ladies to sign up receive a Free Halloween Pop from the Chocolate Shoppe and ladies-only drink specials. There are Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets for hot seat prizes and a free ladies pink polo shirt when earning 50 points during Ladies’ Night.
- Thursday – That’s Tomorrow – we hold our October Scratcher Drawings at 6 & 8 p.m. If you’re not sure what this is all about, check at Guest Services and find out how you can get in on future scratcher promotions.
- Friday brings our October Progressive Giveaway Promotion Final Drawings. We’re giving away a guaranteed $7500 in cash between the Carson Valley Inn (drawings at 6 & 8 p.m.) and Bodines Casino (drawings at 5 & 7 p.m.). There’s plenty of money to go around – but you have to be present to win any of it!
- Saturday is Halloween which means 5X Points all day in the casino and our annual EmployeeTrick-Or-Treat Halloween Safety Street at the CVIC Hall on Saturday from 3 to 6 PM. And slipping into our public service announcement mode, remember that the Nevada Day Parade is on Saturday morning and that definitely has an effect on traffic coming thru Carson City.
- Sunday starts at 2 AM when the time changes back an hour to Pacific Standard Time.
- Monday we invite you to join us for the Monday Night Football Drawings during the Colts vs. Panthers game – see Greg for drawing tickets
A few comments about last week’s events: it was truly incredible the number of Disney characters on hand for the Bunko for Breast Cancer event last Saturday. Quite a sight! And it sure was fascinating listening to Coach Polian talk about the Nevada victory over Hawaii last Saturday when he held his Blitz Luncheon here at the CVI on Monday. We got some real insight into the “back story” behind the lead up to Nevada's onside kick from Hawaii’s 35 yard line!
- The Douglas Center for Hope & Healing Trance and Dance is Saturday, November 7 in the Valley Ballroom with an evening of appetizers, comedy, Hypnotism Show with Dan Kimm and dancing. All proceeds assist in providing free grief support to community members. Contact Jodi at 775-450-2826.
- Our Free Veteran's Day Spaghetti Lunch on Wednesday, November 11th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Valley Ballroom is open to all Veterans and Active Military plus one guest. Put it on your calendar and we’ll have more details in next week’s Blog.
- Last week we mentioned the availability of our Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner To Go for up to 10 people for just $89. Naturally, we also have Thanksgiving Day Dinner Specials in both Katie’s and CV Steak and we are sticking to our tradition of also offering our regular menu items at regular prices on Thanksgiving Day. We are just not comfortable with forcing people into something more expensive just because it’s a holiday.
- Last week we asked you to mark your calendars for the annual KTVN 22nd Annual Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive. We now know that KTVN's Arianna Bennett, Angela Schilling & Ryan Canaday will be anchoring the CVI location from 6 am to 6pm on Friday, December 11th! More about this event as it gets closer.
|Jose Won $7000 Playing Video Keno|
When "Live" Isn't Better: We don’t usually include a lot of information about winners in our blog. It’s not that we don’t have a lot of winners; we just try to save the day-to-day winners news for our outside sign and our Carson & Valley Voice newspaper. However, when Jose pocketed $7000 in cash on one of our video Keno games last week it reminded us of something we’ve wanted to cover for a while: Live Keno vs Video Keno. Back in the “old days” when the Carson Valley Inn and many other casinos had “live” Keno, it really wasn’t that good a deal for customers. Sure, it seemed to help pass the time while you were sitting in the restaurant or sipping a beer at the bar. But the truth was (and still is for those few places who offer live Keno) that the expense of an entire department with runners, writers, supervisors, regulations, special equipment and systems, reporting, cameras, etc. amounted to so much that the customer only got about a 70% payback. Today’s video Keno machines are like any other slot with the customer enjoying a payback percentage in the mid-90s depend on the specific machine and pay tables. Just ask Jose – he has $7000 worth of customer advantage in his pocket!
Race and Sports Book:
- This week you can watch and bet The World Series, NFL and College Football, Horseracing, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Sunday’s NASCAR Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway.
- The PRO PK’EM jackpot is up to $3,645 on this week’s progressive parlay card. Pick all the games straight up and you win!
- The Breeders Cup is horseracing biggest fall event and the races are this Friday and Saturday, October 30 & 31. Catch the action, chat with other racing enthusiasts and place a bet or two right here at the CVI!
- Football games our sports book crew is following with interest this weekend include Notre Dame (6-1) vs. Temple (7-0) on Saturday and the showdown of two undefeated teams when the Broncos and the Packers play Sunday night.
- Back in July you could (and some did) place a bet at 15-1 on the Mets winning the World Series. Doesn’t look like too bad an investment now (ah, the clarity of hindsight)!
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! Jonathan "JB" Barton performs tonight; American Made entertains Thursday thru and Saturday nights, NFL Football is on Sunday and Monday Nights and George Pickard returns next Tuesday and Wednesday. Sometimes called “The Everything Band,” American Made spans eight decades of music, from the 40’s to the present, including oldies, classic rock, country, big-band swing, R&B and current dance music. The award-winning group has been entertaining audiences throughout CA and NV for over 30 years with 4 lead singers and players, all live, all the time!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Mike’s Horses: Nothing to report from last weekend.
- Duck Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special this week is Grilled Duck Breast with fresh herbs and natural duck jus for $28.00. Saturday night it's Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Because we feel like mentioning it:
- Thursday is Internet Day – the article includes a link to the original website and a discussion about how the term "spam" originated including a video of the original 1970 Monty Python Spam sketch!
- Saturday is Increase Your Psychic Powers Day. We mention it only because there is some irony in a casino property even hinting at the sharpening of psychic powers!!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!