|"Sellers" &Erin Model Randy Houser Swag - Want Some?|
Here’s another good one: how’d you like to have a couple of passes to the Randy Houser Meet & Greet to go along with your concert tickets? Be sure to check out the details in one of the recent postings on our Facebook pageMeet & Greet passes? Click over to the Ten Country 97.3 website - they are also giving away a couple!
Randy Houser Concert start at $59 and are available on our website, at the hotel desk, or by calling 775-783-6606.ickets for t
|Donate Blood at CVI This Friday|
A Catholic, a Methodist, and a Nonsectarian Christian Were Standing at a Corner . . . Seriously; you didn’t really think we were starting a joke?! The fact is that less than a half a mile from Sharkey’s Casino there are a Catholic (St. Gall’s), Methodist (United) and Nonsectarian Christian (Shadow Mountain) Church - the three of them are all in a row and tucked between St. Gall’s and Shadow Mountain is a nondescript single lane road that leads to Jacob’s Berry Farm, a seemly well-kept secret that recently garnered a 6- minute feature on the Las Vegas PBS channel. Check it out above! Occasionally we’ll cover a few other interesting places close to either the CVI or Sharkey’s!
Wadda Ya Mean Our Airport is Closed this Afternoon? You probably know that the Lake Tahoe Summit is going on today and you might have also heard that the President is making an appearance. You wouldn’t think that would affect us down here in the valley, but when the President travels, it has an impacton air traffic within a certain radius. Probably more than you want to know, but you can learn how it all works at this link. Turns out that the Minden-Tahoe Airport, Nevada’s fourth busiest, is within the restricted outer nautical mile radius of Reno and the restricted inner nautical mile radius of Lake Tahoe. So, air operations slow to a crawl for four hours this afternoon! Why is this in the Carson Valley Inn blog? ‘Cause the local airport and its many adjacent business provide quite a bit of business for the CVI and we feel for anything that affects their routine.
|Stew Stewart Retirement Appearance This Weekend|
This Week at the CVI
- In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Friday Drawings: Catch Harley Promotion drawings at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. for a guaranteed giveaway of forty thousand dollars in September between the CVI and Bodines. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 5X Points Saturday: this Saturday and every Saturday in September earn 5X Points all day!
- 5X Points Monday: Earn 5X Points on Labor Day and check back next week to find out about the HDTVs we’re giving away on the remaining Mondays in September.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, Preseason NFL Football, NCAA Football and Sunday’s Bojangles' Southern 500 NASCAR Race. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the World Series, 2016 Season NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Night in Katie’s – three specials – just $6.99 each! Next week we start a new Tuesday special in Katie’s, Chicken Schnitzel. Check all the Katie’s Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Duck Breast for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!