Happy Thanksgiving! A last minute reminder that both Katie's and CV Steak have traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Specials plus their regular menu items Thursday. Last we checked, CV Steak was "full" but you might check with them at 775-783-6650 for any last minute openings due to cancellations. If you are one of the many folks who ordered our Thanksgiving Turkey to go, we appreciate your business! We hope to have information in next week's blog about our Christmas Dinner to Go program which will include your choice of Turkey, Ham or Prime Rib with all the trimmings. We'll do the cooking, you heat and serve at home and enjoy the holiday!
CVI Poker Room sure are a friendly, jovial, and welcoming bunch!
- Christmas Lights For Kids of All Ages: Our visual and musical salute to the festive holiday season, Candy Cane Lane, will be powered up for your enjoyment starting Sunday and continuing nightly through December. Thousands of Christmas lights surround a variety of scenes depicting traditional characters and images getting ready for and enjoying Christmas. To experience Candy Cane Lane, pull into the Carson Valley Inn parking lot at the RV Entrance – between the Carson Valley Market and the Inn's electronic sign . . .the lighted arch marks the way. Tune your car radio to 89.9 FM and enjoy the music as you do a slow drive-by to soak in the sites and get into the Christmas spirit!
- More Christmas Inside the CVI: as the Thanksgiving weekend unfolds, the rest of our Christmas Decorations will be sprouting up in our restaurants, hallways and casino. And that takes us to something we mentioned in last week's Blog . . .
- $100 Dining Certificate for CV Steak: There are a handful - say a half-a-dozen - of "Hidden Mickey's (Mickey Mouse shaped Christmas ornaments) sprinkled here and there inside the CVI. Look around for them and click here to send us an email letting us know where you noticed these Mickey Mouse ornaments. For each location you find during the contest, you will be entered once into a drawing on December 23 for a $100 dining certificate for CV Steak! You don't need to slide down any chimneys to find these special decorations . . . All are in plain sight!
- Holiday Giveaways Ramp Up in December: the dollar amounts associated with our Friday and Saturday night Holiday Giveaway drawings ramp up in December. For a peek at what's going on, Click Here.
- Our Christmas Kickoff Weekend Hotel Package
- Food Drive Almost Here: Please start gathering your food donations for the annual KTVN Channel 2 Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive on Friday, December 12 at the RV Park entrance from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Toys! A Toys for Tots donation box is near our Hotel Desk.
"Sandwich Wars" starts December 1 – another local eatery ”best of” search contest run by our friends at www.carsonvalleytimes.com. After CV Steak's Gourmet Hamburger (aka The French Disaster) made it to the finals in the Burger Wars, we had to sit out Pizza Wars . . . but the word from Publisher/Editor Joey Crandall is that a few of our Katie's Sandwiches will be on the starting block in the nomination round for Sandwich Wars. We'll have more on this in next Wednesday's CVI Blog.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Just Us is here tonight through Saturday night, NFL Football has the spotlight Sunday and Monday nights and Greg Austin entertains Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Job Openings: We are looking to fill a few positions at the Carson Valley Inn including (ironically) a Human Resources Manager . . . Click here for all the openings.
- Ladies Night: Tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a Thanksgiving themed gift basket from The Chocolate Shoppe and the first 150 ladies to check in tonight will receive a Fall Key Chain. To have your business featured on one of our Ladies' Nights (we do pay you for the prizes); call Stephanie at 775-783-7711.
- Jackpot Update: The Penny Progressive Jackpot was over $48,000 last we looked on Tuesday afternoon and the Pro PK'em Progressive is $9 shy of $4,000 for this weekend's NFL games. Someone came one game short of winning the Pro PK'em Progressive this past weekend . . . brings up some thoughts we'll share in next week's blog.
Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is another on our "always-sells-well" list: Braised Lamb Shank slow cooked with herbs, Cabernet and mustards . . . served with Pearl Barley Risotto, tableside-tossed
salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound,
twice-baked potato . . . all for $26.00!
- Reno Airport Shuttle: The Carson Valley Airporter provides scheduled shuttle service between the Carson Valley and Reno – airport and downtown. Very handy whether you are arriving at Reno International or travelling from the Valley to Reno.
Anything on Your Mind about the CVI? Have questions about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!