Country Legend Merle Haggard to Kick Off TJ's Corral Concert Season: In addition to 40 #1 hits, Merle Haggard charted scores of Top Ten songs and won just about every music award imaginable, both as a performer and as a songwriter. In 1994 he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. His body of work easily places him beside Hank Williams as one of the most influential artists in country music. Among his many hits are Moma Tried, Okie From Muskogee and many, many more. Merle will appear live in concert in TJ's Corral on Friday, May 1 and ticket prices and availability will be announced soon in our weekly blog and posted on this page!
Beatles, Country and Bluegrass All in a 4-Day Stretch!
A free four-night musical whirlwind in our Cabaret Lounge starts this Thursday with Beatles Flashback, a special one-night tribute to The Beatles with hits from She Loves You and I Want to Hold Your Hand, to Ticket to Ride and Day Tripper, and then all the way to Here Comes the Sun and Hey Jude. The John Dawson Band turns the weekend to Country/Rock Friday and Saturday - a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to play music and entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. The Henhouse Prowlers then pick things apart in a special one night show on Sunday as they center their sound on that of the early, formative years of bluegrass, while keeping their pulse on today by covering contemporary topics in a largely original repertoire . . . all adding up to bluegrass with an edge!
Gimme Da Lute Produced the Loot! Mike's horse Gimme Da Lute (descendant of Midnight Lute – thus the name) won again on Saturday in the ninth race at Santa Anita producing a modest return of $3.40, $2.80 and $2.40. Wasn't all roses as Air Pocket finished out of the money on Sunday.
Casino Hoopla This Saturday: The grand prize giveaways in our February Free Jackets and Cash promotion are this Saturday with drawings at 6 and 8 PM. Then, stick around for more value as Inn Club members earn 3X points 8 PM to midnight on Saturday.
Poker Room Activity:
- Lots of Movement on Ladder for Free Roll Poker Tournament: We continue to update the rankings on the Top 40 Ladder to show who is currently in the queue for the $2,000 Free Roll Tournament on April 11. Dean Doyle points to the Ladder . . . and behind him is the prize wheel that, with the right spin, gains you even more points to help climb the ladder. How's it all work? Check out all the Poker Room's special games and promotions.
- Ladies-Only Poker Tournament: Our Poker room crew is kicking off a monthly ladies-only poker tournament this Sunday, March 1. It's a no-limit Texas Hold 'em bounty tourney with play starting at 4 PM. There's a $40 buy-in with no rebuys and players receive a $5 bounty for every player they knock out of the event! Ladies' if you feel like warming up on Sunday you'll earn one extra $500 tournament chip by playing at least one hour of live play before the start of the tournament.
- Sierra Lutheran High School Gifts of Grace Dinner Auction: Sat., Mar. 7. Call Kathy Hone at 775-315-3698.
- Carson Valley Arts Council Murder Mystery: Fri., Mar. 13. Call Susan Rose at 775-782-8207.
- Minden Rotary Beast Feast: Sat., Mar.14. Call Brent Holderman at 775-783-3725.
- Douglas County Democrats Keep Nevada Blue Dinner: Sat., Mar. 28. Call Katherine Winans at 775-267-0539.
- Reading This While You're Between Jobs? Might as well read it to the end since you already started! Then, you might try clicking on this link. It takes you to the various positions we are currently looking to fill here at the Carson Valley Inn. And if you stop by our HR Office we'll tell you more about these jobs and also let you know what is open at Bodines Casino and how you can get in the queue for consideration for jobs at Sharkey's when we get a closer to opening.
- Break Out the Good Stuff! This Saturday is Open That Bottle Night dedicated to making sure that those bottles of fine wine put away for a special occasion are used and enjoyed. And if you bring that special bottle to accompany your dinner in CV Steak Saturday night, let Jean-Michel or Mike know that you read this blog and they'll waive the corkage fee!
- Your Goose is Cooked Friday in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Smoked Goose with blackberry port glaze, apple and herb dressing and Kailua mashed sweet potatoes. Served with tableside-tossed salad and vegetable all for $29.00.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the first in a series four March Bakeware products. Also enjoy hot seat drawings for Bath & Bodyworks gift baskets, ladies-only drink specials, a ladies-only slot tournament and more.
- Take the Bus! Just a reminder that the Carson Valley Airporter provides scheduled shuttle service between the Carson Valley Inn and both the Reno airport and downtown Reno.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!