Carson Valley Inn is Best of Nevada! It's True!!! Carson Valley Inn was voted Best Casino in Nevada by the print readers and online followers of Nevada Magazine! We are thrilled and offer our sincere "Thank You" to all who made this happen! Here's how it was explained to us: Statewide there are three "Best Casino" winners: one for Reno/Sparks, one for the metro Las Vegas area and one for the entire rest of the state (including Tahoe and Carson City) - and that's the category we won! Pretty good honor considering how many casinos there are around the state outside of Reno and Vegas!
A Peak at Our July Promotions: The details for our July promotions went "to the printer" earlier this week and we'll have more in next week's blog posting. As a heads-up, there is a special promo next Wednesday, July 2: Earn 125 points that day and receive a free USA T-Shirt while they last, plus you keep the points!
Austinpalooza in TJ's Coral on August 16th to Benefit Austin’s House! The CVI is proud to be teamed up with GE’s Bently Nevada to sponsor the fourth annual Austinpalooza to benefit Austin’s House, a vitally important emergency children’s shelter. Lee Rocker, formerly of The Stray Cats, will headline the event starting at 8:30 p.m. A string of local bands will precede Lee including Lavish Green, Metal Echo, the Bootleggers, Seymour’s Trick Back and The Engineered Disaster. All-Day tickets (on sale now) with in-and-out access are $25 for adults and $15 for children age 12 and under . . . and all proceeds from the ticket sales go directly to Austin’s House. The event will run from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Drinks will be available for purchase all day and food will be available for purchase after 5 p.m.
Blood Drive this Coming Tuesday: United Blood Service is conducting their annual All American Blood Drive this coming Tuesday, July 1 here at the CVI. The Bloodmobiles will be in our west lot from noon to 6 p.m. and you can just show up or, better yet, schedule an appointment by calling 800-696-4484 or click here to schedule online. All donors are entered into a drawing for two tickets to the B. J. Thomas Concert in TJ's Corral on Thursday, July 10th.
July Happenings in and Around the CVI and Carson Valley (things do change, so if we have something incorrect in the following, please let us know):
- All American Blood Drive: Tuesday, July 1. CVI West Lot.
- Cowboy Fast Draw – Nevada State Championships: July 3 – 5. Genoa.
- Independence Day: Friday, July 4.
- Town of Minden 4th of July Celebration: Minden Park.
- Freedom 5K Fun Run & Walk & Yankee Doodle Chalk Artfest: Heritage Park.
- Genoa Americana Celebration: Genoa Park.
- Big Boy Toy Show: Saturday, July 5. Lampe Park.
- Sweet Sippin Sundays: Sunday, July 6. Genoa. Nevada Hazzurd
- CVI Monthly Blackjack Tournament: Tuesday, July 8. Table Games Area.
- Fast Pitch Softball World Series Tournament: July 10 – 13. Lampe Park.
- B. J. Thomas Concert: Thursday, July 10. TJ's Corral Outdoor Events Center.
- Community Concert in Minden Park: Fri., July 11. The Chicago Tribute Authority.
- Death Ride: Sat., July 12. Markleeville.
- Genoa Concert on the Green: Sunday, July 13. Genoa Park. Stardust Cowboys
- American Century Celebrity Golf: July 15 – 20. Edgewood Tahoe.
- Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk: July 17. Gardnerville Main Street District.
- Movies in the Park: Fri., July 18. Heritage Park. Despicable Me 2
- Elks Carnival: Thu. – Sun., July 24 – 27. Lampe Park.
- Splash Dogs-Dog Days of Summer: Fri. – Sun., July 25 – 27. Heritage Park.
- Hot August Nights on South Shore: July 25 & 26.
- Color Blast Genoa 5K Fun Run: Saturday, July 26. Genoa.
- Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival Youth Program: Monday, July 28. CVIC Hall.
- NV150 Sesquicentennial Fair: July 30 - August 3. Fuji Park.
- Hot August Nights Poker Run Stop in Minden Park: Thurs., July 31.
As Always, Interesting and/or Helpful Tidbits and News:
- Friday's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Tenderloin Medallions with a brandy cherry demi glace for $28 - includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato.
- CVI is a Great Place to Work! We have a constantly updated property, a nice benefits program, an energetic approach . . . and we do have some openings!
- More Best of Nevada Kudos: Three of our important tourism partners also won "2014 Best of Nevada" honors in the expansive "Everywhere Else in the State" category: Golf Course - Genoa Lakes Golf Club & Resort; Ski Resort - Heavenly Mountain Ski Resort; Spa - 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort and Spa.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Michael Furlong performs tonight, Atomika appears Thursday through Saturday and Jonathan "JB" Barton takes the stage Sunday through next Wednesday. Here is a link to the schedule through July.
- When Did CVI Open? We posed this question in last week's blog and we did received a few blog comments and emails with the correct answer of 1984. It will be 30 years in a few months and we are gathering pictures from opening day – do you have any?
- Be sure to keep tabs on our upcoming concerts and we hope to see you often at TJ's Corral!
Get In Touch With Us: Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!