Chris Young Tickets Available Next Week,Dustin Lynch Concert This Friday, Super Heroes in Saturday Parade for Eddie Money Concert Next Week and an Incredible One-Man-Band in the Cabaret
What a Week!
- Thursday started positively when Doctor Dempsey, one of CVI owner Mike Pegram's horses, won the 7th race at Belmont Park. Later Thursday, our Sports fans were reminiscing about the lights going out in the 2013 Super Bowl when an air conditioning failure changed the whole nature of the last few minutes of the opening game in the Heat-Spurs NBA Finals.
- The Chromemania then built
through Saturday and the crowd was huge at the CVI with seemingly ALL cheering
for the hometown favorite. Then, the reality of horse racing – and life in
general – set in as Mike's horse Shakin
it Up finished 4th in the
$1.25 million Metropolitan Mile and California Chrome finished 4th in the Belmont Stakes. While not the result we all hoped for, it sure
gave us something positive to embrace this spring!
Photo by Cathleen Allison/Carson City Visitors Bureau
- A few hours later the Carson City Fairgrounds arena was Standing Room Only (1,400+ people) on Saturday night for the Bodines (our sister property) Bull Riding Smackdown! Keep your eye on the Bull Riding winner ($1,800!) Dalton McMurtrie of Lasson College as he competes in the 66th College National Rodeo Finals this weekend in Casper, WY. Kudos also to Tyler Moore winner of the ATV/Motorcycle Barrel Racing, Graycee Starr who won the Mutton Busting and Cassidy Champlain, winner of the traditional Barrel Racing.
- Our hockey fans and sports bettors also had a wild ride on Saturday as the Rangers blew two 2-goal leads to lose in overtime to the Kings. Sunday's Heat-Spurs game, while exciting to the end, almost seemed uneventful!
- Last night's Monthly Blackjack Tournament wound up with Jerry Gritz
L-R: Jerry Gritz, Inga Silver, Rich Rooney
Carson Valley Days Parade whose theme is Super Heroes and Super Villains. Why? 'Cause the float will be promoting the Eddie Money Concert in TJs Corral at the CVI on Saturday, June 21st and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Nevada Carson Valley Branch will be the recipient of all the ticket sales and auction proceeds from that night! Show your support by cheering the kids on this Saturday and then attending the Eddie Money Concert next Saturday!
About the Chris Young Concert Tickets: We told you we'd try to give our Blog readers an occasional "Heads up" on certain things . . . has to be some bonus for plodding through our blog each Wednesday! Well, here's a tip: Tickets for the Chris Young Concert on Saturday August 2nd will go on sale next week (not sure which day yet) and they will start at $49. We hope to announce the details in next week's blog or, if necessary, a special blog posting. Please check our Chris Young Concert Web Page for updated information. As for Chris Young's current hit Who I Am With You, it's #1 on the GAC Top 20 Country Countdown, #12 on the Billboard Top Country Songs and #14 on the iTunes Top 100 Country Songs.
As Always, Interesting Tidbits and News:
- The week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack of Venison with a cherry demi-glace for $31.00 which also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato. Yum!
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: George Pickard performs tonight, Stew Stewart and his band appear Thursday through Saturday and Jonny Smokes, a dynamic one-man-band from the Seattle area makes a special appearance at the CVI Sunday day through next Wednesday. Here is a link to the schedule for the next couple of months.
- Gift Season: Weddings, Anniversaries, Graduations, Birthdays . . . the list is long of occasions for which a Carson Valley Inn Gift Card might be appropriate. They can be redeemed here at the CVI, at our sister property Bodines Casino or at the Carson Valley Market Shell convenience store.
We want to hear from you! Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!