Travis Tritt This Friday
He’s had 19 top-ten country hits including five at #1 and six at #2, won Emmy Awards, appeared in movies and over a dozen TV shows, was named Billboard Top New Male Artist, has won multiple CMA Awards, performed in the 1994 Super Bowl halftime show and he remains one of country music’s popular and well-liked artists. He’s Travis Tritt and, with his band, he’ll be performing this Friday night in TJ’s Corral! While growing closer to a sellout, there are still tickets available and we hope you’ll join us! The remainder of our 2018 concert schedule includes: Granger Smith Featuring Earl Dibbles Jr. on Saturday, June 16; Clint Black on Friday, June 29; Ted Nugent Wednesday, July 4; Trace Adkins Saturday, July 14 and Creedence Clearwater Revisited on Sunday, August 12. Purchase tickets through our website which allows you to see the seating layout map and pick your seat(s) for one or more concerts in one transaction. You can also purchase tickets in person at our Hotel Desk.
The Moving Wall to Start at CVI Thursday
The Moving Wall, a half-size replica of the Vietnam Veteran Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C. comes to Carson Valley for the first time this week. This Thursday morning the wall will be escorted from the Carson Valley Inn, through the towns of Minden and Gardnerville to Eastside Memorial Park on Buckeye Road where it will be on display 24/7 through June 4. The procession will gather in our east parking lot starting at 8 AM and depart at 9 AM. The Wall will be accompanied by over 100 motorcycles ridden by members of the Patriot Guard Riders and escorted by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Citizen’s Patrol. The Moving Wall will be set up for viewing by 11 AM Thursday and the opening ceremony is this Friday, June 1 at 10:00AM and includes a flyover from the Fallon Naval Air Station at 10:10AM. Carson City Mayor and Vietnam Vet Bob Crowell will speak and the program will include the reading of the names of our fallen soldiers from Northern Nevada & the surrounding areas. The Moving Wall has been “traveling” since 1984 and the CVI is honored to be a very small part of its first Carson Valley visit! Please join us for this momentous event.
A Righteous Good Time!
|Tahoe Onstage photos by Pheonix Gruneich|
- How We Vanquished the Rain: Sure would be incredible if we had a logical explanation . . . but we don’t. All we know is if it’s a concert or event night at TJ’s, seems the precipitation does a go-around!
- The Walk from the Entrance to Your Seat: It really doesn’t matter how far your seat is from the main entrance. If you have a long walk to your seat, you then have a very short walk to the restrooms. If you have a short walk to your seat, you eventually make the rest of the walk when it’s restroom time.
- Lots of Newcomers: By show of hands, over half the guests were first timers to TJ’s. We heard so many comments from “locals” indicating they had no idea the venue was here or how great it was for watching a concert – no matter where they were seated! Thanks for your support.
- How Good Was It? Nostalgia must trump all because this concert, both before and after, received the most social media engagement of any of our concerts so far. In addition to the dozens of positive comments both in anticipation and after the concert, this review by Pheonix Gruneich of Tahoe OnStage is a great wrap-up of the evening’s ambience and enthusiastic reception!
|Two Views from the Sierra Canyon Trail|
Click on Image to Enlarge
This Week’s Fun and Scenery
- Thursday is Leave the Office Early Day. In fact, some of us at the CVI may actually do so this Thursday and our bosses won’t mind . . . but only ‘cause we‘ll be here for a long day Friday getting ready for the Travis Tritt Concert and then helping you to enjoy the evening by selling and scanning tickets, walking you to your seats and doing the many dozen other behind-the-scenes tasks that make it appear as if our concerts “just happen.” Join us for a fun night!
- Friday is Trails Day and that’s a fabulous reason to acknowledge the Carson Valley Trails Association. This remarkably dedicated and focused non-profit, volunteer based organization has worked tirelessly to provide locals and visitors from around the world access to public lands through a recreational trail system for present and future generations to enjoy. The picture shows a scene from about 2 miles up the Sierra Canyon Trail taken this past weekend by one of our blog writers.
- Tuesday is Running Day. If you think about it, there’s something for everyone in this fabricated celebratory day. Could by running on one of the Carson Valley Trails, running late for work, running amuck, running on empty or, and with special thanks to those who subject themselves to the rigors and scrutiny, running for public office!
In the Casino
New Month, New Giveaways
New Month, New Giveaways
- a Free 6-Pack of Washcloths for the first 150 ladies and All Wrapped Up Gift Baskets as
- Free Camo T-Shirt Thursday: A Free CVI Camo T-Shirt – different color than last week – is yours this Thursday for earning just 50 base points the same day. You get the shirt plus keep those 50 points, so be sure to use your Inn Club card!
- Jet Skis or Cash Giveaways Saturday: Our drawings at 6, 7 and 8 PM are for cash, FreePlay and Golden Tickets into the Jet Ski Giveaway on June 30 . . . be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino!
- 4X Points Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points this Saturday which translates to quadruple the build-up of comp value!
- FreePlay Bonus Monday: Automatically receive $5 in FreePlay when earning 200 points, another $5 in FreePlay when you hit 400 points and another $10 when you get to 600 points the same day!
- At the Sports and Race Book: Exciting times as the love-em-or-hate-em Warriors are in the NBA Finals, the you're-not-allowed-to-hate-em-around-here Vegas Golden Knights are playing for the Stanley Cup and we're a little over a week away from the Bob Baffert trained Justify making a run at the Triple Crown in the Belmont Stakes. Sports fans can also bet Major League Baseball and the NASCAR Pocono 400. Futures on the board include the FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), U.S. Open Golf (June 14 – 17), World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl and the NCAA Football Championship!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM. Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Roasted Stuffed Quail for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Rye Brothers tonight through Saturday, Steve Lord Sunday and Monday and Tyler Stafford Tuesday and Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. Steve Lord is a man of a thousand songs presenting an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. Tyler Stafford often draws comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!