|June in the Carson Valley|
Photo by Juan Moralez
20 Must Do's in 2020
Our friends at Visit Carson Valley posted a blog last week enticingly headlined “Ultimate Carson Valley Bucket List: 20 Must Do’s in 2020.” Whether you’re looking for a new travel bucket list, or simply want a fun challenge as a Carson Valley local or past visitor, this assembly of 20 suggestions presented in no particular order is sure to have a few that pique your interest. Our favorite? Why #19 of course!
|Chris & Diane Won $10,491.90|
From Our Slots to Your Pocket!
The headline of this short article sounds like typical casino marketing hype but for two lucky winners in the last few days it was a true statement!
We had a lucky local win $33,933.66 on the HUGE Buffalo Stampede machine and we respected the request to not use their name or picture. The money still went in their pocket!
Chris Heidemann jumped right in for a picture after he won $10,491 on our Spirit Link game. He and his wife Dianne came up for the night from Camino for their 16th Anniversary. They had a very nice dinner in CV Steak with his parents Sig & Lila Heidemann who live locally and have been long-time friends of the CVI. Chris’ Spirit Link jackpot followed earlier slot wins the same evening and he plans to use his winnings to help pay for his new trailer/dirt hauler. We didn’t ask, but we sure hope he picked up the dinner tab for his parents!
Are you next? Our Penny Progressive Jackpot is over $26,000; the Grand Jackpot on the new Dragon Link carrousel is above $10,000; the Grand Jackpot on our FuNan FuNu bank of four slots is over $31,000, The two Fort Knox slots have a jackpot topping $16,500, the Hot Shot Progressive is above $22,000 and our three banks of Lightning Link slots have major Jackpots of $10,700 to $13,900. And there are more!! Bottom-line: There is still lots to win at the CVI!
|Emily with Calamari, Alix with Beet Salad|
We had so many favorable comments on the Ahi Poke Tuna in last week’s blog that we asked the chef to put together one of his favorite combinations. Off the top section of our menu he chose the Roasted Red & Golden Beet Salad - a tasty blend of the two earthy beets, baby mixed greens, pickled red onions, crumbled goat cheese, candied walnuts and balsamic reduction. For an entrée, he prepared the Crispy Seared Panko Crusted Calamari Steak in clarified butter and added a lemon and brown butter caper sauce.
When It Hits 65° in Late February
With the temperature forecast to hit the mid-sixties today, we just have to put in another plug for our Spring Stag Golf Tournament on the last week in April and our Group Golf Packages available anytime during the April - October Carson Valley “golf season.”
And since golf is one of the major events in the Mike Tice Foundation Charity Weekend For The Kids at the end of June, we invite you to check out the participation and sponsorship packages. Some of the other major events surrounding the weekend include a special private Happy Hour prior to the Charlie Daniels Band concert on Friday, June 26 and a revamped Carson Valley Summer Fest on Saturday afternoon and evening, June 27. All the information is available on this page and we hope you'll jump in and help raise funds to build a permanent facility for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada Carson Valley Branch!
Tidbits and Useful Links
- Seasonal Wagers on board in the Sports & Race Book this week include NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey, the NASCAR Autoclub 400 (Sunday), XFL Football and Horse Racing. Futures Bets on the board include: 2020 NCAA College Basketball, 2020 NBA Championship, 2020 Stanley Cup, 2020 World Series and 2020 NASCAR Championship.
- Information on the various games, tournaments and promotions in our Poker Room can be found here.
- Tickets Information for the Tanya Tucker concert on Saturday, June 6 and the Charlie Daniels Band concert on Friday, June 26 is available at this link. Concert tickets are also available at our hotel registration desk (775-783-6606).
- If you missed it last week, check out the 16 Scenic Carson Valley Mixed Terrain Rides as assembled and mapped by the members of the Alta Alpina Cycling Club.
- Treat Your Mom, Grandma, Wife or In-Laws to Mother’s Day Weekend at the Carson Valley Inn! Here's a link to more information on our Mother's Day Weekend Package.
- Working on your Federal Tax Return? We can help with a Win-Loss Report on your gaming activity using your card in any of our four casinos: CVI, Sharkey's, Bodines and SlotWorld.
Polar Plunge Guarantees $6,250 Saturday
This Week’s Promotions Lineup
- Ladies’ Night Wednesday: Ladies’ Night fun from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a Free Collapsible Kitchen Strainer for first 150 ladies (100+ with FreePlay), Pampered Chef Baskets for hot seat prizes, free Bingo Games, free Raffles and a Drink Special.
- Point Multiplier Friday: Earn 4X Points on slots and videos all day this Friday.
- Polar Plunge Drawings and Board Game Friday: The drawings take place between 6 and 8 PM for cash and FreePlay prizes and chances to play our Polar Plunge board game to "break the ice" for up to $1000!
- Polar Plunge Final Drawings Saturday: $6250 is guaranteed to be given away this Saturday between 6 and 8 PM in the finale of our Polar Plunge Promotion.
- Free Wine Monday: Inn Club members, just earn 100 base points each Monday in March and receive a free bottle of wine . . . plus you keep the points and the wine is different each week.
- FreePlay Frenzy Tuesday: For every hundred points you earn on Tuesday we'll add $5 in FreePlay to your account up to $100 in FreePlay.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials This Week:
- Wednesday: CVI Smoked Chicken Legs served with jalapeno cornbread, mashed potatoes, bacon baked beans & BBQ from 11 AM to 10 PM for $6.99.
- Thursday: Spaghetti & A Giant Meatball with mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, parsley, garlic bread from 11 AM to 10 PM; $7.99.
- Friday and Saturday: Meat Lovers Platter with slow roasted brisket, pulled chicken & smoked sausage plus choice of 2 sides from macaroni salad, baked beans, potato salad or coleslaw. From 11 AM to 10 PM; $13.99.
- Sunday: "Chandler" Chicken Dinner; southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw. From 2 to 10 PM; $7.99.
- Monday: Homemade Beef and Pork Jalapeno and Cheddar Sausage Coil served with sautéed onions, mashed potatoes and gravy for $6.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Tuesday: Pork Carnitas served with Spanish rice, refried beans, Pico de Gallo and 3 tortillas for $7.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- CV Steak Specials:
- Today: Pork Tenderloin Ragout with garlic butter mushrooms and potato bacon croquette.
- Thursday: Lamb Porterhouse with rosemary jus.
- Friday: Grilled Dry-Aged Berkshire Pork Chop with green peppercorn brandy cream sauce.
- Saturday: Garlic Studded Prime Rib.
- Sunday: Poached Pacific Salmon with creamy dill bouillon potatoes.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Left of Centre, tonight thru Saturday: One of Northern Nevada’s top Country/Rock bands. They perform regularly at Gilley’s and Toby Keith’s in Las Vegas and are also the backup band for The Country Artists Tribute Show. Coming up next in our Cabaret Lounge: Buddy Emmer Band, March 5-7; New Wave Crave, March 12-14; The Vegas Road Show, March 19-21.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!