Guys, Don’t Let the Gals Beat You Out!
Seems there are a couple of groups of ladies who are turning our November 10 Comedy Show into a “Girl’s Night Out.” We find out these things because to purchase tickets for a group of eight or more you have to actually call to have your online purchase cleared . . . It’s a carryover from concert ticket purchasing protocol. Anyway, if the gals can do a “Girls Night Out,” then why not a “Guys Night Out” or “Date Night,” too!? Since the girls already have it figured out, here’s a suggestion for the guys: gather in the cabaret lounge next Saturday afternoon and catch the Florida State/Notre Dame game while munching on our Bar Bites, come on down to the comedy show, and then head back to the cabaret bar to catch the end of the Colorado State/Nevada game! As for “Date Night,” this one is easy: make your reservations now for dinner in CV Steak and top it off with laughs in the Valley Ballroom. It’s all happening Saturday, November 10 in the Valley Ballroom at 7:30 PM. Doors open about 45 minutes before show time, seating is “open,” and tickets are just $20 and are available online or at our hotel desk.
Ladies’ Night Brief Hiatus, But . . .
Our popular Ladies' Night activities take a night off tonight so the many ladies who attend regularly can spend the night enjoying Halloween with their kids or grandkids. Our suggestion is to take them to the Trick-Or-Treat Halloween Safety Street at the CVIC Hall in Minden today from 3 to 8 PM. The Carson Valley Inn has been a proud sponsor of this event since its inception and you can get more details in the flyer on this page. This doesn't mean you shouldn't stop by the Carson Valley Inn sometime today 'cause you'll be earning five times points on all slot play all day today! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing and quintuple your point benefits!! And while you are here, watch for spooks, goblins and who-knows-what-else as some of our employees will be dressed up for our costume contest judges. Finally, be sure to mark your calendar for next Wednesday when Ladies’ Night resumes with a special apron gift for all ladies . . . and watch for more information about our November Ladies' Night Apron promotion in our blog next week.
Poker Room – New Look, New Promos
Thanks for your patience during the recent remodeling of our poker room! Recovered chairs, a more soothing table felt color, larger new HDTV screens, plus new carpeting, wallpaper and paint have all combined for a refreshing new atmosphere! And with November arriving tomorrow, we’re bringing back the Poker Ladder which will continue through November and December to determine our Top 30 who will qualify for a $1000 Free Roll Tournament! Also new over the next two months is a Tournament Entry Drawings Promotion. We’ll give you a drawing ticket for every tournament you enter all month and the month-end drawings for both November and December will bring a total of $500 a month in cash plus some CV Steak certificates! Our Poker Room opens at 4 PM Mondays, Sundays at 8:30 AM and at noon on Tuesdays – Saturdays.
Breeders’ Cup This Weekend!
Bob Baffert, Hall of Fame trainer and long-time friend of CVI owner Mike Pegram, looks like he’ll have two horses (possibly three) running in this Saturday’s Breeders’ Cup Classic. We’re pulling for Bob to bring home a winner but we’d really like it to be with McKinzie – owned by Mike and his partners Karl Watson and Paul Weitman. Post time is 2:44 p.m. PDT and of course we’ll be showing the race in our Cabaret Lounge and Bar areas with our eye on the #6 horse flying the yellow and red MP colors! As always with horse racing, final entries are subject to change up to post time!
Football and Other Sports at the Inn
- Our Guys Picks! Similar story, different week with Our Guys going 3 & 5 last week against the spread. Mike, who spends the most time in the Sportsbook, broke his six-game winless streak with a win last week. This week he looks to turn things around with Iowa +3 against Purdue and the surprising Kentucky Wildcats +9½ versus Georgia. Steve is going all Bayou this weekend with LSU +14 vs. Bama and the Saints-1 ½ against the offensive powerhouse LA Rams. Greg loves the Notre Dame Golden Domers -9½ at Northwestern and the under 47 ½ in the Ravens – Steelers game. Alan is rolling with the Jets +3 at Miami and the Chargers +1½ at the Seahawks.
- It’s the final Battle
of the Bay as the Raiders (1-6)
and the 49ers (1-7) match up in what
ABC News also is calling the Bay Area Bummer in this week’s Thursday Night Football
Game. If it’s the Raiders or Niners on a prime time game, we’ll have merchandise to
give away during the game – be sure to get your raffle ticket from Greg. And guess what? Finally one of the bay area teams will win this week (don't even think about a tie!)
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM again failed to produce a winner so the pot climbs to $3,524 for this week. This is not rocket science (apparently it's worse!), just play a $5 card, pick all 15 winners or props straight up, and the jackpot is yours with any ties split.
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: Squares are worth $74 each for this coming Monday’s Titans/Cowboys game. “The Grid” pays the first three quarters and the final score . . . you must be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page and remember our Poker Room opens at 4 PM Mondays, Sundays at 8:30 AM and at noon on Tuesdays – Saturdays.
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI.
- On The Board! This week you can bet NCAA and NFL Football, NHL Hockey, NBA Basketball, the final week of the Canadian Football League regular season, the Sunday NASCAR AAA Texas 500 (what will happen between Joey Logano and Martin Truex Jr.?) and Horseracing (Breeders' Cup weekend). Futures include winners of the NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
Careful With That Knife!
- Thursday is Men Make Dinner Day. We bring this up for three reasons: First, we could not resist using the above picture for which we acknowledge daysoftheyear.com, our source for many of the “special” days we mention in this section. Second, the person who allegedly originated Men Make Dinner Day has same last name as one of our four casino properties. And finally, we just have to point you to the Top Ten Reasons To Participate in ‘National Men Make Dinner Day’ as posted on this page.
- Saturday is Sandwich Day. Our favorites in Katie’s are the Nevadan (roast beef, Ortega chili and Jack cheese on grilled sourdough) and the Big Bird (sliced roast turkey, bacon, tomatoes and Jack cheese on grilled sourdough). Not as hungry? Go for the Daily Soup and Half Sandwich Special featuring the chef’s sandwich of the day and your choice from our two house-made soups each day. Served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for just $4.99!
- Tuesday is Nachos Day. Katie’s Macho Nachos are waiting for you . . . either “as they come” or with the meat-added option!
This Week in the Casino
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Saturday in November. Use your rapidly accumulating points for FreePlay, dining, Katie’s Bakery products, hotel stays and more!
- $75,000 Holiday Giveaways Promotion Friday and Saturday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM both nights for drawings for cash and FreePlay!
- Ladies Poker Tournament Sunday: Time again for our monthly Ladies-Only Poker Tournament starting at 4 PM.
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members can swipe at the casino kiosk once on Monday for Your Reward. Could be FreePlay, a Free Food offer, a Free Multiplier or a Free Gift!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Cliff & Dave tonight, Decoy Thursday - Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Patrick Major next Tuesday and Wednesday. Cliff & Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread. Decoy brings their high-energy shows, excellent vocals and varied song list. The group was voted best Casino Band by the Reno News and Review for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017. An evening with Decoy includes the hits of artist such as Patsy Cline, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bruno Mars, Lynard Skynard, Cee Lo Green, Miranda Lambert, Sublime, Zach Brown Band, Led Zepplin, Journey, and more. Patrick Major’s style includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. Whether playing tunes from James Taylor to Dave Matthews, or his own compositions, he displays an unequaled emotion with all.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!