A Tribute to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers anchors our 34th Birthday Party this Saturday evening, August 18 and we invite everyone to attend this free concert as you enjoy the many other specially priced food and beverage offerings from 5:30 to 8 PM.
Creedence Revisited Put a Spell on TJ’s Corral
Another incredible concert and sold-out crowd this past Sunday as Creedence Clearwater Revisited put a spell on TJ’s Corral! Those are not our words, but the headline from the review posted on Tahoe OnStage by Nick McCabe. A musician himself, Nick captured the spirit of the evening in both his words and pictures - be sure to check it out at this link.
"Second Chance" to Catch a TJ's Corral Concert
"Second Chance" to Catch a TJ's Corral Concert
If you missed some of our TJ's Corral concerts this year because of personal scheduling, tickets were sold out, or any other reason, we're giving you a "second chance" at one more shot of nostalgia when 38 Special performs on Friday, September 21. Known best for their arena-rock pop hits of the eighties, 38 Special had a softer side which is brought out in the above video of Second Chance. In 1989 the song reached #1 on the Billboard US Adult Contemporary Chart and #2 on the Billboard US Mainstream Rock Tracks Chart. You can buy tickets on our website or in person at the Hotel Front Desk.
An historic B-17G Flying Fortress from the Arizona Commemorative Air Force will be at the Minden Airport August 27 – September 3 with tours available each day and rides available on Friday through Sunday. Get all the information on times and prices at this link.
The August Thirsty Thursday Wine Walk is this week with Sip ‘n’ Shop as the theme and various crafters and other vendors scattered along the route. Sharkey’s Casino is easily accessible no matter where you choose to start the festivities. Just stop by the Sharkey’s Silver Dollar Bar with your official Thirsty Thursday Wine Walk Glass and enjoy some wine “on us!” Not registered yet? Check out all the details at this link.
From Mai Tais to Coffee and Cookies!
|Pinot Noir Day Calls for |
One of these Choices from Bella Gloss
- Today is Rum Day. We have a selection of rums and you can order any rum drink you want. However, the most commonly ordered at CVI is a Mai Tai and any of our bartenders will be glad to help you celebrate Rum Day by making you one!
- Thursday is Vanilla Custard Day. We're stretching a little here but that’s totally allowable in a blog! We use Banana Custard to make the Banana Cream Pies which are for sale at the Katie’s Bakery Counter. . . and by the slice in Katie’s restaurant. So that’s how we suggest you celebrate Vanilla Custard Day!
- Friday is Pinot Noir Day. We offer a few of them in CV Steak including three by the glass. The most popular? The by-the-bottle single-vineyard Pinot Noir selections from Bella Glos: Clark & Telephone or Las Alturas.
- Saturday is Aviation Day which commemorates the birthday of Orville Wright. Just another reason for us to mention the Aviation Roundup coming to Minden-Tahoe Airport Saturday and Sunday, October 13 & 14!
- Sunday is Potato Day. Got us thinking about the different ways we serve potatoes here at the CVI. We came up with six on a day-to-day basis including French fries, baked potatoes, twice baked potato, au gratin potatoes, mashed potatoes and potato salad. Not in our current rotation in Katie’s, but in the cooler months we’ve been known to offer potato cheddar soup from time to time! Our favorite? Hands down the au gratin potatoes in CV Steak! They kinda blow your calorie allotment for a day, but what the heck!
- Tuesday is Senior Citizen’s Day. We’re deferring to our sister property Bodines Casino ‘cause they have a Senior Social from 8 to 11 AM every Tuesday . . . a chance to come together for complimentary coffee, cookies and senior visiting!
CVI 34th Birthday Week in the Casino
- Birthday Giveaway Drawings Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM for cash, FreePlay and the chance to win up to $15,000!
- Point Multipliers Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points all day Saturday on slot and video play . . . A great way to build up your point total to use for comps and other special benefits.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you’re the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NFL Preseason Football Games, Major League Baseball, WNBA, Canadian Football League, Saturday’s NASCAR Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday its Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Jonathon “JB” Barton tonight and Thursday, the John Dawson Band Friday and Saturday, Rock River Sunday and Monday and Hans Eberbach next Tuesday and Wednesday. Jonathon “JB” Barton’s love for a variety of musical styles is apparent in his selection of favorites from Van Morrison, CCR, Hank Williams, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Eagles and many more. The John Dawson Band is a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. Rock River is Buddy and Kim from the Buddy Emmer Blues Band presenting an evening of blues and other music! Hans Eberbach sings for the band Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!