CVI Gift Cards – Now Even More Versatile!
The single biggest request we get this time of year, whether by email, phone call, in-person inquiry or through our social media concerns gift cards. They really are a quite versatile gift so here’s a quick primer on how it all works:
- How Our Gift Cards Can Be Used:
- Dining in Katie's Country Kitchen, CV Steak and Job's Perk at the Carson Valley Inn.
- Cakes, Pies, Brownies, Cookies and More at the Katie's Bakery Counter.
- Dining in Bodines Restaurant.
- Dining in the Jackpot Cafe at Sharkey's Casino.
- Dining in Betsy's Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino
- At all the bars in all four properties.
- Accommodations in the Carson Valley Inn Hotel, Motor Lodge or RV Resort.
- Merchandise and gas at the Carson Valley Market (redeem inside).
- How You Can Buy or Reload a Gift Card:
- In person: At the hotel front desk at the Carson Valley Inn or at the Guest Services counter at Bodines Casino, Sharkey’s Casino and Slot World Casino.
- By phone: Call the CVI Hotel Front Desk at 775-783-6670.
- And in Case You Were Wondering:
- Our Gift Cards do not expire.
- Gift Cards must be redeemed in person.
- If you don’t use the full amount on one visit, the remaining balance stays on the card.
- You can always check your balance by clicking here.
Christmas Dining at the Inn
Good news: both CV Steak and Katie's are serving their regular menus plus holiday specials on Christmas Day, Monday, December 25!
- We recommend reservations for CV Steak (775-783-6650) on Christmas Day and on any holiday. Christmas specials in CV Steak include Garlic-Studded Slow-Roasted Prime Rib of Beef served with your choice of giant baked potato, garlic mashed potatoes, twice-baked potato or au gratin potatoes for $29; and Stuffed Fillet of Sole, stuffed with crab, shrimp and scallops and served with béarnaise and wild rice pilaf for $28. Both CV Steak Christmas Day specials include vegetable, tableside-tossed house salad and fresh-baked sourdough baguette with creamery butter. The Sunset Special will not be available on Christmas Day.
- Katie's is offering a Traditional Roasted Turkey Dinner from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Christmas Day with giblet gravy, sage stuffing, fresh mashed potatoes, glazed yams, green beans amandine, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, soup or fresh garden green salad, fresh bread and creamery butter all for $14.99. Katie’s will not be serving the December Monday Chicken Schnitzel Special on Christmas Day.
|Our Favorite Shot from Last Friday's Food Drive:|
The KTVN Crew Waiting to Go Live from our Roof
- Final numbers for the KTVN Channel 2 Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive last Friday at the Carson Valley Inn are $58,341.00 in cash and checks and 262,469 pounds of food between donations dropped off that day and contributions made by community members through the Raley’s annual program. All this food and money went to the Carson Valley Community Food Closet.
- On Saturday, the Holiday with A Hero event at Slot World resulted in $10,000 being raised for this incredible Carson City program of providing holiday shopping sprees for low-income children with a first responder or community leader. This money was raised by a combination of proceeds for the day in Betsy's Big Kitchen plus additional contributions from attendees and a “let’s round it up” amount from Slot World.
Our Usual Tidbits - Of Course All Food!
|Cupcakes - A New Batch Every Day |
at Katie's Bakery Counter
- Today is National Cocoa Day: Why not stop by Job’s Perk and order one of our Hot Chocolate Drinks. We start with whole or nonfat milk, add three generous helpings of a special chocolate sauce made with just cocoa, vanilla and sugar. We heat it up using the milk steamer on our espresso machine and serve it with or without whipped cream. A great way to warm up on a cold day!
- Friday is National Cupcake Day: While the cupcakes pictured above were for a special kid’s party, the holiday-themed decorations seem to be more prevalent than not on the cupcakes for sale at the Katie’s Bakery Counter every day. Stop by and enjoy one for $1.99, three for $5 or place a special order!
- Saturday is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day: The possibilities are not endless here at the CVI, but we do offer chocolate covered Long Johns in Job's Perk plus a variety of chocolate laced or covered items in Katie’s and a few chocolate deesserts in CV Steak. Our favorite? The CV Steak Profiterole au Chocolat; three puff pastries filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with a warm chocolate sauce – yum!
On the Sports Front
- Our Guys Picks: A nice week for the guys picking four winners out of six plays. This week Alan takes the suddenly hot 49’ers –2 against the Titans and Arkansas St. –3½ vs. Middle Tennessee St. (they have a football team?). Mike loves the Texans +11½ at Jacksonville and Troy –6½ versus North Texas. Greg reluctantly takes the Steelers +2 ½ against the Patriots and the over of 46½ in the Chiefs – Chargers game.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all Televised Pro and College (including Bowl Games) football games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $4,133 this week. The parlay cards are just $5 each!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – we start with four $40 prizes each week and add in any unclaimed prizes from the previous week. Only two people claimed squares last week so this coming Monday we’re giving away $70 for each of the first three quarters and the final score! Earn entries during live poker games this week ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on Pro Football, NCAA Bowl Games, NHL Hockey, Pro and College Basketball and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the 2018 Super Bowl (yes the Eagles moved a little), 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship and 2018 NHL Stanley Cup.
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing to qualify for these hot seat drawings.
- Friday Giveaway Drawings and More: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for a guaranteed $10,000 in Cash and Free Play this Friday between the CVI and Sharkey’s. Then stick around and stack up your stash as INN Club members earn 5X Points Friday from 8 PM to midnight.
- 4X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day this Saturday.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
Tyler Stafford tonight the Greg Austin Band Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and Steve Lord Tuesday and Wednesday. Tyler Stafford’s songs often draw comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon. Greg Austin is a down home, straightforward and to-the-point-of-the-heart singer, songwriter and musician. His first CD of original songs was aptly titled "Greg Austin" features 10 of his best originals to date. Greg entered his song "On Her Mind Again" in the TouchTunes Breakout Band 2014 Contest. His song was chosen along with almost 500 others to be included on 60,000 TouchTunes jukeboxes Nationwide. With a commanding stage presence, a great country voice and top-notch songwriting to back it up, Greg Austin is sure to have a winning formula for success in the Country Music Industry. A guitarist with dynamic vocals, Steve Lord is a main stage West Coast performer. A man of a thousand songs, Steve presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Syrah Braised Bison Osso Buco; a cross cut of the shank, cooked in vegetables, wine and herbs and served with a potato Cauliflower puree for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!