Make CVI Your Rodeo Headquarters
The Wrangler National Finals Rodeo kicks off this Thursday and we invite you to make CVI your NRF Viewing Headquarters! Each night through December 15 we’ll be showing the live rodeo telecasts starting at 7 PM in the Cabaret Lounge and throughout the casino. During the telecasts, enjoy $2 Coors, $2 Coors Light and $2 shots of Jack Daniels! We’ll also be saddled up to bring you any of our Bar Snacks right to your seat in the Cabaret Lounge or at the Casino Bar while you enjoy the rodeo action. We’ll have our eye on the Carson Valley’s own #97 Wyatt Denny as he competes in the bareback riding event. Wyatt was the 2015 Rookie Bareback Rider of the Year and the 2015 College National Finals Rodeo Champion. This is his third year to qualify for the NFR and he is the only Nevadan on the list of 100+ NFR 2018 Contestants!
Your Guide to Friday’s
Share Your Christmas Food Drive Here at CVI
Share Your Christmas Food Drive Here at CVI
We’re looking forward to seeing the Carson Valley community “en force” this Friday as you swing by the annual KTVN Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive! Here’s everything you need to know to plan your visit:
- Simply pull into our RV Park entrance anytime between 6 AM and 6 PM this Friday - plenty of volunteers (over 150 throughout the day) will be on hand to accept your donations, help unload your vehicle, give a snack to your dog and then weigh, sort and box tens of thousands of pounds of food in 12 hours!
- Cash and food donations will be accepted and everything collected at the CVI location goes directly to the Carson Valley Community Food Closet, Nonperishables are the key and here is a link to the 2018 Most Wanted Items.
- This year’s KTVN Channel 2 crew is Arianna Bennett, Ryan Canaday and Angela Shilling.
- Santa will arrive by CareFlight helicopter at 9:30 AM (weather permitting) and will be here for pictures until early afternoon.
- Two Bloodmobiles will be accepting donations from 11:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 800-696-4484 or visit this site and sign up on line!
- Emergency vehicles light the way before dawn and at dusk
- All toys (new and unwrapped, please) donated at the Food Drive will go to Project Santa Claus.
- See you Friday!!
While Elvis made the term “A Blue Christmas” popular to describe the Christmas blues, the Blue Christmas celebrated on Nov. 22 - Dec. 31 is for those who work as first responders such as law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs and 911 dispatchers. With this in mind, we included a Douglas County Sheriff’s Office ornament on our military themed Christmas tree in the hotel lobby. Come on in and enjoy all the Christmas decorations at the Carson Valley Inn and be sure to bring the kids for a picture in front of the tree-framed fireplace, also in the hotel lobby.
Four Modes of Transportation to Ponder
- Magic Carpet: Anything but in this case . . . it’s good old fashioned tugging, rolling, pushing and pulling as we move out and back hundreds of slots, table games, kiosks, ATMs and other furnishings and fixtures! It’s all part of our casino re-carpeting project which continues today and tomorrow and again next Monday through Thursday. Thanks so very much for your patience and understanding during this major spiff up!
- Sleigh: Actually, we’re not sure if a sleigh is the best idea for this one although that is the normal form of transportation for this seasonal star! Probably should go “by hoof” as you take part in the 10th Annual Gardnerville Santa Crawl on Saturday, December 22. Sharkey’s Casino will again be in the middle of the celebration and we’ll have more on the subject next week!
- Helicopter: Will serve as Santa's Sleigh this Friday when he arrives for the Food Drive.
- Jets: The sights and sounds of freedom will again fill the skies of the Carson Valley on the first weekend in October 2020 when the USAF Thunderbirds return to anchor the next edition of the Aviation Roundup.
|Our Suggested "Treat" for Santa This Year|
- Friday is Bartender Appreciation Day.Saturday
- Saturday is Brownie Day. Our suggestion is to break with the cookie tradition and leave a big plate of brownies and a glass of milk for Santa in a few weeks! You can pile ‘em high for the guy in the red suit (or your family as is more likely to be the case) by stopping by the Katie’s Bakery Counter for a box of our 4’ square chocolate brownies (three for $5), cutting each one into four pieces and watching a dozen mini-brownies disappear rapidly! We won’t ask who actually devoured the brownies!
- Sunday is Pastry Day. Between Job's Perk and Katie’s we cover all the major pastry family including bear claws, cinnamon rolls, muffins (banana, blueberry, bran and cranberry), Danish (apple, blueberry, cheese, cherry, raspberry, lemon), fritters, long johns, and a few others that we weren’t sure of the names!
- Monday is Lager Day. Pilsner, Ale, Lager, Beer . . . They’re all good and the “discussion” over what actually constitutes a Lager can get complex. So, at CVI the bottled Coors, Budweiser, Modelo Especial, Corona and Heineken are all lagers in our book as are the Sam Adams Boston Lager and Stella Artois we serve on draft. If you want to debate one of these with our bartender, please do so while drinking a beer of your choice!
Football and Other Sports at the Inn
- Our Guys Picks: Three weeks left of picking winners (well, not always) and Our Guys are determined to finish with a flurry! Greg is going with the under 38 in the Jets vs. Bills game and the Patriots -8 at the Dolphins. Steve loves Tampa Bay +8 against the Saints and the Titans -4 vs. the Jaguars. Mike is taking Army -7 against Navy and the Eagles +4 at the Cowboys. Alan is rolling on the under 37½ in the Titans – Jags game and Bengals +14 at the Chargers. In order of “success rate,” here’s how Our Guys are doing thru 13 weeks: Greg is 13 & 13, Alan is 12 & 14, and both Mike and Steve are 9 & 17. That a collective record of 43 & 61. Ugh!
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM jackpot is now at $4,096. Pick this week’s 15 winners or props straight up on a $5 Card (play as many as you wish) and it’s yours (any ties are split.)
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: $244 is available for this coming Monday’s Vikings/Seahawks game: That’s $61 for the first three quarters and the final score. You must be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page.
- Bowl Sheet Available: Our sports book has a handy three-page Bowl Games Sheet that lists all the bowl games by date with information on the times, location, teams, television coverage and odds. Quite the handy tool for keeping track of all 39 NCAA bowl games!
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI.
- On The Board This Week: NCAA Football (the Army/Navy Game and all the Bowl Games), NFL Football, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
This Week in the Casino
- Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes. It’s happening from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with Two Free CVI Ornaments for the first 150 ladies and
- $75,000 Holiday Giveaways Promotion Friday & Saturday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for drawings for cash and FreePlay!
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Saturday in December. Use your rapidly accumulating points for FreePlay, dining, Katie’s Bakery products, hotel stays and more!
- Guaranteed FreePlay Monday: Use your card while playing and you are the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account with accompanying graphics and sounds!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM and remember we kicked in some new Italian Day Specials for December so be sure to check them out by Clicking Here! The new Thursday special in Katie’s is Pork Vera Cruz for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie's Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99. Click here to check hours and specials for all seven days in Katie’s.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Syrah Braised Bison Osso Bucco slow-cooked with vegetables, wine, herbs and natural pan sauce; served with a potato cauliflower puree for $35. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Rye Brothers tonight through Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Tyler Stafford next Tuesday through Thursday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. The group is led by Paul Justin & Justin Foutz who trade off on the lead vocals and guitar licks. Named “Reno’s Best Songwriter 2013” Tyler Stafford’s songs often draw comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!