2015 Clay Shoot Details Set: We've lined up all the details and have the registration form ready for our 2015 Clay Shooting Weekend on February 19 – 21 and we hope you'll check it out. There's a Thursday reception, Friday sporting clays at Walker River Resort, Saturday sporting clays at Carson Valley Clays, a Saturday Awards Dinner and some new twists this year.Not a clay shooter? Please pass this along to a friend or relative who enjoys this sport!
Deadlines are Imminent for:
- Golf Joke Contest Deadline is Noon Today to Win 3 nights at CVI & 3 Rounds of Golf: Quick - go to this link for the details and send your best golf joke by noon today! We guarantee the winner will have an experience you won't soon forget – for more on the "fun" part, scroll down and read last Wednesday's Blog.
- The Annual Bunko for Breast Cancer Party is just over 3 weeks away and the deadline for getting your official t-shirt is coming up even sooner – this Friday, September 19! All t-shirt funds raised will be go directly to Carson Tahoe Resource Center for Bunko for Breast Cancer.
The Northern California PGA Chapter held their Northern California Senior Open Championship at nearby Clear Creek Tahoe earlier this week and congratulations to Shawn McEntee, a PGA instructor at Chardonnay Golf Club who won by one stroke over Stuart Smith, Director of Golf at Somersett Golf and Country Club in Reno. What does this have to do with the Carson Valley Inn? For starters, many of the participants including the winner stayed here at the CVI on Sunday and Monday – another of the 100ish golf groups who headquarter at the CVI each year. Also, this is a good reason to remind all of our golfing guests there is still time to enjoy golf at Clear Creek Tahoe this year if you are staying at the CVI. Call Greg at 775-783-6615 for more on golf group packages or access to Clear Creek!
A CV Steak Did Ya Know? CV Steak at the Carson Valley Inn is the only restaurant in our area that offers tableside tossed salad – and it's included with every entrée!! Choose our house-made special dressing (sure, we'll let you taste it first) or a dressing of your choice – it's the last thing to go on before the tossing begins. Our tip for a relatively unusual and exceptionally special CV Steak appetizer? The Salmon Tartare – try it! While not mandatory, reservations are always suggested and sometimes necessary for CV Steak – call today at 775-783-6650.
Four Ways to Check Out the new Carson Valley Visitors Guide! This very new (came from the printer Monday) 42-page Guide is full of information about all there is to do, experience, see and enjoy in the beautiful Carson Valley. Check it out in one of these ways:
- To read the guide online, Click Here. thesr is also an option to download a PDF file,
- To request one by mail, Click Here.
- Stop by the Carson Valley Inn Bell Desk or the Carson Valley Visitors Authority and pick one up in person!
Don't Just Talk the Talk . . . Walk the Walk!
- Walk for Wine: The season's last Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk is tomorrow from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and the theme is "Happy Birthday Nevada!" Register at the Town of Gardnerville Offices or Stratton Center North near Big Daddy’s Bike Shop and enjoy the wine stops at many of our local merchants.
- Walk for Health: Enjoy the great trails system in the Carson Valley Hike for Health Trail Adventure Day this Saturday, September 20.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Progressive Pro PK'em Jackpot Climbs: As you might expect from the upsets the first two weeks, our Progressive Pro PK'em Jackpot hasn't hit yet. $2,825 is now up for grabs – simply pick the winners straight up of the 15 NFL Games on the card and the jackpot is yours . . . just $5 and a shot, enter as often as you want!
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Steve Lord appears tonight, Lisa-Marie Johnston entertains Thursday – Saturday, NFL Football fills the Cabaret Sunday and Monday nights and George Pickard takes the stage Tuesday and Wednesday. Lisa Marie Johnston ("LMJ") is a singer & songwriter from Oakland who blends country, Americana and blues into a unique style she calls "Stomp and Groove." A regular in the Fillmore Poster Room at the historic Fillmore West in San Francisco, she has also played venues in New York City and New Orleans. Joining Lisa this weekend are Arion Salazar (Third Eye Blind) on bass, Isaac Bolivar (Taking Back Sunday) on guitar and John Morales (Ten Mile Tide) on drums.
- Don't Duck this Punch Next Time: If you passed on last Saturday's boxing in TJ's Corral because you saw the words "collegiate" or "exhibition" or "amateur," . . . consider that your "oops" for the month. All the bouts were quite exciting with two being won by TKO and one by knockout. Our thanks goes out to all the boxers, trainers, coaches, judges, referees, announcer and ringside doctors who conducted the day just like any professional card. When this event pops up next year, mark it on your calendar and don't miss it!
- Reminder: Coach Brian Polian's Wolf Pack Blitz lunch at the Carson Valley Inn originally scheduled for this coming Monday, September 22 will now be on Monday, November 3.
- Ladies' Night –Tonight! Each of tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a surprise gift basket (Julie was still assembling them when we wrote this last night) and the first 150 ladies to check in tonight will receive an acrylic cup with lid & straw. Local merchants interested in getting involved in our Ladies' Night promotion; please contact Stephanie at 775-783-7711. We gather six hot seat prizes and 150 of something every week!
- Next time you see our dealer D.J. in the Poker Room, ask him about his golf game!
A Look Ahead:
- The Carson Valley Inn won a whole bunch of Best of Carson Valley awards in The Record Courier's recent poll and we are sworn to secrecy until the official announcement . . . but we will leak some of the info next Wednesday.
- The Carson Valley Visitors Authority's new online Interactive Map is almost ready – we'll let you know more as soon as some of the final details are tweaked.
We'd Like to Hear from You! Use the comments section below and let us know your comments, suggestions or questions. You can also shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department.
We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!