Our Valentine's Day Package for Two is a great way to treat your spouse, fiancé or girlfriend/boyfriend to a special Valentine’s night at the Carson Valley Inn! We include a room, $75 in total Food & Beverage Credit and a chilled bottle of champagne on arrival . . . plus assistance with CV Steak dinner reservations if you wish! We have limited availability for this special package and invite you to Click Here for more information!!
TJ’s Concert Notes
- We’ll answer the most commonly asked question first: Yes, we have more concerts coming to TJ's Corral for the 2020 season. Expect more announcements in this weekly blog by early March, perhaps before?
- The Charlie Daniels Band concert on June 26 is selling beyond our expectations with over half the tickets already sold. We’re not saying you should or shouldn't act fast, but we are saying something!
- Tanya Tucker is getting more and more "press" as we get closer to the 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards on Sunday, January 26 and it shows in the increased ticket sales for her TJ's Corral concert on June 6. Tanya has been nominated for four 2020 Grammy's: Song of the Year, Best Solo Country Performance and Best Country Song for Bring My Flowers Now (see video above) and Best Country Album, While I’m Livin’.
- Tickets for the Tanya Tucker concert and the Charlie Daniels Band concert are available through our website on this page. You can also stop by or call (775-783-6606) our hotel registration desk.
Coach Tice in Town Monday
Coach Mike Tice will be in town next week and he’d like to meet you on Monday from 4 to 6 PM here at the Carson Valley Inn. Coach will be talking about a wide range of sponsorship opportunities available for the Mike Tice Foundation Charity Event for the Kids coming up at the end of June with all proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch. We are on the home stretch of raising the necessary funds to build a permanent Boys and Girls Club facility for the Carson Valley and we hope you can help. This event is great positive exposure if you own a business and also an excellent "cause" for those with philanthropic tendencies to help kids. To get in touch with Coach Tice to find out more, click here or call Bill here at the CVI at 775-783-6624. Like all of us, Coach Tice was once younger . . . check out the video above featuring him in a 1987 sports promo for KING 5 News on Seattle's NBC affiliate KING.
Actually, that’s between you and the IRS. However, we can help with a Win/Loss Statement only for the play recorded while you were using your Player Club card during tax year 2019. Click Here for the form and follow the simple instructions for making your request. If you had winnings or loses at more than one of our locations, you can check the appropriate locations (Carson Valley Inn, Bodines, Sharkey’s and SlotWorld) and we’ll get all of your 2019 reports prepared.
This Week’s Promotions Lineup
- Ladies’ Night Wednesday: Ladies’ Night fun runs from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a Free Chocolate Shoppe Gift for the first 150 ladies (100 with FreePlay), Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, free Bingo Games, free Raffles and a Drink Special.
- Point Multiplier Friday: Earn 4 Points on slots and videos all day this Friday.
- Polar Plunge Drawings and Board Game Friday and Saturday: The drawings take place between 6 and 8 PM for cash and FreePlay prizes and chances to play our Polar Plunge board game to "break the ice" for up to $1000!
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 8 PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday in January.
- Rollin’ for Cash Monday: Hot Seat drawings between Noon and 7 PM. All active players using your Inn Club card are “in the pot” for a chance to win up to $500!
- Sports Book Mike’s Musings:
- How important are matchups? Clemson & LSU was about as good a matchup as one could ask for. Both undefeated. LSU looked to be one of the best college teams ever. Clemson hadn't lost a game through 2 seasons. How lucky we are!
- When the Texans were up 24-0 against the Chiefs, I thought the Titans/Texans matchup would be confusing. Not just from all of the T's angle - Tennessee, Texas, Titans, etc. As an old-timer, I still get the Titans and Houston Oilers confused - same color scheme, and the Titans were the Oilers several years ago. With either team, Titans or Texans, I think oh, that team from Houston.
- In any case, I wouldn't think many folks would be excited about a Titans/Texans matchup. At least not folks around here. Which of course leads into what matchup would the NFL like in the Super Bowl? I would guess that the execs are rooting for Kansas City this weekend. The Titans are a great story, but not quite as photogenic.
- Our Pro Pick’em Progressive Jackpot survived again last weekend so it’s up to $4969 for this weekend's Divisional Championship games. Pick all 15 winners on the $5 Parlay Card and it’s yours. If it doesn't “hit” this weekend, the jackpot climbs based on the collective contest play at the CVI, Sharkey’s, Bodines and SlotWorld and we’ll give it all away on the Super Bowl Game! At that point, the jackpot will go to the person or persons (ties are split) who picks the most out of the15 Props for the Super Bowl game.
- Seasonal Wagers on board this week include The NFL Divisional Championship Games, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey, the Daytona 500 on February 16 and Horse Racing.
- Futures Bets on the board include: 2020 Super Bowl, 2020 NCAA College Basketball, 2020 NBA Championship, 2020 Stanley Cup, 2020 World Series and 2020 NASCAR Championship.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials This Week:
- Wednesday: CVI Smoked Chicken Legs served with jalapeno corn bread, mashed potatoes, bacon baked beans & BBQ from 11 AM to 10 PM for $6.99.
- Thursday: Spaghetti & A Giant Meatball with mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, parsley, garlic bread from 11 AM to 10 PM; $6.99.
- Friday and Saturday: Meat Lovers Platter with slow roasted brisket, pulled chicken & smoked sausage plus choice of 2 sides from macaroni salad, baked beans, potato salad or coleslaw. From 11 AM to 10 PM; $13.99.
- Sunday: "Chandler" Chicken Dinner; southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw. From 2 to 10 PM; $7.99.
- Monday: Katie’s Shepherd’s Pie; a one-dish serving of sautéed ground beef with grandma’s brown gravy, peas and carrots. From 11 AM to 10 PM; $5.99
- Tuesday: Pork Chili Verde served with Spanish rice and black beans for $7.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- CV Steak
- Today: Pork Stroganoff, pork tenderloin with a cream sauce of mushroom, Dijon mustard and Sherry wine served with egg noodle pasta.
- Thursday: CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and herb marinated Lamb Chop Steak.
- Friday: Grilled Venison Chops with fresh herbs and cherry brandy demi.
- Saturday: Garlic Studded Prime Rib.
- Sunday: “Oscar Style” Fillet of Salmon with crab and Béarnaise sauce.
Saucy Band Thursday thru Saturday: Saucy is a 5-piece Southern Oregon band you may have seen performing on cruise ships, casinos, 5-star resorts, overseas venues, festivals, U.S.O. tours and more. The group features a vast range of hits and genres, from Sinatra to Led Zeppelin and everything between.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!