|Lead Baker Tracy Miller |
Stacking Just Some of the Pie Boxes
for Thanksgiving Dinners to Go
|Patriotic Theme Tree|
A Small Sample of Our
Many Christmas Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Pie Today! Earn just 50 points today (Wednesday) and then go to the casino kiosk and print your certificate for a Free Pumpkin Pie! Continue to enjoy the rest of your visit and remember to stop by Job’s Perk before you leave today and exchange that certificate for a free Pumpkin Pie. Thaw it out for dessert tomorrow or keep it frozen for the next holiday or a pumpkin pie emergency!
- If you ordered one of our Thanksgiving Turkey Dinners to Go before we sold out be sure to pick it up Thanksgiving Day just inside the hotel entrance between 10 AM and 1 PM at the time designated when you ordered. It's all boxed and ready to go and we'll even have folks available to carry the turkey and fixings to your car.
- Thanksgiving Dinner: If you’re joining us for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow, Katie’s will get you seated as quickly as possible whether you’re partaking in our Thanksgiving Specials or dining off our regular menu. If you have Thanksgiving reservations in CV Steak we’ll look to seeing you at the time of your reservation.
- Poker Room Special Opening Time Thursday: Poker players, after spending the first part of the day with your families come on in when our Poker Room opens at its special starting time of 4 PM on Thanksgiving Day.
- VIP Gifts Thursday: We’ll be doing our regular Thursday VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM with a Free 43” TV for someone this week! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing to qualify for these hot seat drawings
- Shop Here Friday thru Sunday: While you’re here over Thanksgiving Weekend, stop by the 18th Annual Kandy Kane Holiday Craft Fair in our Valley Ballroom Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lots of holiday decorations, gifts, crafts and much more - admission is free!
- Candy Cane Lane Illuminates Friday: Our outdoor drive-thru Christmas light display powers up for the season this Friday at dusk and will continue nightly through December 31. Thousands of Christmas lights highlight a variety of scenes (some moving) depicting traditional characters and images getting ready for and enjoying Christmas. Crank up your car radio as accompanying music can be heard by tuning to 89.9 FM.
- Christmas Starts To Show Throughout the CVI: Our elves have been busy putting up the Christmas decorations inside the Carson Valley Inn and you’ll see even more activity after the Thanksgiving weekend as they scurry around to put on the final touches.
- Friday Harvest Giveaways Drawings: Join us at 5, 7 & 9 PM for up to $10,000 in Cash and Free Play on the final Friday night of this November promotion!
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s five times the benefits for your play all day this Saturday – a perfect day to pad your account with the points you’ll need for your next dinner out in CV Steak!
- Harvest Giveaways Finale Saturday Night: Join us for drawings at 6 and 8 PM as we have plenty of cash and Free Play to distribute.
- A $78,000 Christmas Bonus? Any of our readers would take it! Our Penny Progressive Jackpot
Share Your Christmas Food Drive in Two Weeks!
Just two weeks until the KTVN Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive at our RV Park Entrance. This weekend is a good time to buy a few extra items to add to your drive-through donation on Friday, December 8 from 6 AM to 6 PM. See you then!
Slot World Casino on Hwy 50 East in Carson City reopens at 8 AM today as part of our “family” that also includes Bodines Casino in Carson City, the Carson Valley Inn in Minden and Sharkey’s Casino in Gardnerville. Slot World underwent a complete transformation over the last 6 – 7 weeks with just about everything demolished and rebuilt from the air handling equipment, to the floors, walls, ceiling, restrooms, casino, kitchen, restaurant and everything in between! Colorful lighting is evident throughout the casino bringing life and energy. A large bar in the center of the casino provides a gathering place to meet friends, enjoy a cocktail or watch sports on one of the many HDTV flat-screens. “Betsy’s Big Kitchen” is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. serving breakfast, lunch and dinner choices plus weekend dinner specials. Come on down and check it out . . . and be sure to follow, like and share the Slot World Facebook page
Check Out These Interesting Tidbits
- Our owner Mike Pegram has a horse scheduled to run in the $500,000 Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Friday – check with the crew at our Race and Sports Book for more information.
- Remember the boisterous Bunko for Breast Cancer event held in our Valley Ballroom last month? The evening of costumes, revelry and bunco play raised over $22,500 for the efforts of the bringing the total to over a quarter of a million dollars raised by our community through this GE sponsored event over the last 14 years.
- Sunday is National Cake Day and we innocently thought this would be a good opportunity to feature one of the many cakes made in our bakery. We went down to the bakery yesterday morning we were politely told by our bakers in unison that unless it was about a pie this week, they didn’t have time for us. After bringing our cake level up to par on Monday, they started concentrating on baking the pumpkin pies necessary to handle all of the Thanksgiving specials served in Katie’s, the many pumpkin pie orders placed in advance by our customers at our Katie’s bakery counter, and the double-digit dozens of pies needed to complete the Turkey Dinners to Go we will be distributing on Thursday morning.
- Tuesday is National French Toast Day and with the opening of Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World we now have four locations at which you can enjoy French toast on Tuesday morning – or any morning. Joining Betsy’s (Texas toast base) are Katie’s (our own baked bread) at the Carson Valley Inn, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey’s Casino (brioche bread) and the restaurant in Bodine’s Casino (Texas toast base).
Sports Related – All of It
- Our Guys Picks: It can’t get any worse for Greg going 1 & 5 the past three weeks. He will continue to ride the Cleveland Browns (2 – 8 against the spread) and take them +8 ½ at the Bengals and the Arizona Wildcats as a pick’em at ASU. Now on to the winning picks! Mike will take Bama –4 ½ at Auburn and the Washington State Cougars +9 at Washington. Alan will continue his hot streak with the Chargers as a pick’em at the Cowboys and the Giants +7 ½ at the Redskins. After 11 weeks, both Mike and Alan (the Sportsbook guys) are 13 & 9 and Greg (the Sales guy) is 7 & 15.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all Televised Pro and College football games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $3776 this week. The parlay cards are just $5 each - pick all 15 Pro Propositions and the jackpot is yours!!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – we start with four $40 prizes each week and add in any unclaimed prizes from the previous week. There’s been a scarcity of winners present lately so this coming Monday we’re giving away $144 for each of the first three quarters and the final score . . . that’s over $575! Earn entries during live poker games this week ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on Pro and College Football, NHL Hockey, Pro and College Basketball, and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship and 2018 NHL Stanley Cup.
- Sports tickets can be cashed-in at Guest Services when the Sports Book is closed. Horse Race tickets can be cashed only when the Race and Sports Book is open. Winning sports bets placed at any of our three casinos (CVI, Bodines, Sharkey’s and Slot World) can be cashed at any of the four locations.
|Entertainment and Shenanigans in the Cabaret Lounge|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Denver Saunders tonight, The Kid and Nic Show Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and Patrick Major Wednesday. Vocalist/guitarist Denver Saunders will have you dancing, laughing and even singing along. Kirk and Nicole Tracy have been performing together since 1977. Their Kid and Nic Show keeps the crowd dancing, singing and laughing along as they perform pop, rock, dance, oldies, current and classic country, 80's hits, Latin, funk, swing, blues, jazz and reggae. The show also features some fun "theme" medleys of songs from movies such as Grease, The Blues Brothers and Animal House. Patrick Major’s style includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Tonight’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday, it's Alligator Tenderloin Medallions: three sautéed medallions with a garlic caper wine sauce for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Holiday Full Disclosure: We’re not big fans of negatives in this blog, but just so ya know, neither the CV Steak Sunset Special nor the usual Katie’s Pork Loin Special will be offered this Thursday due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!