Tickets go on sale at 8 AM today for the Aaron Watson featuring special guest Clare Dunn Concert on Friday, June 16. As of this morning, there are a few standing room tickets still available for the Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour concert this Saturday, April 29. Both the Lee Brice Concert on May 20 and the Kenny Loggins Concert on Friday, June 9 are well over half-sold with Lee Brice closing in on the “I’d better act soon” stage. Our 2017 Concert Lineup includes Stew Stewart’s final party, affectionately called Turtle’s Last Dance, on Friday, May 12 with a special performance by the Davisson Brothers.
Join us this Friday evening for our last Nashville Nights Showcase of the season featuring Kalie Shorr and Ellee Duke. Tickets are just $15 and they’re available at the hotel desk or call 775-783-6606.
New in CV Steak and Katie’s – Plus More About Food!
With all the concert news recently we’ve gotten a little behind on some of the food news at the CVI. So, in no particular order:
- New on the Katie’s Menu: Among
the new platters recently added to the Katie’s menu are a
Chicken Teriyaki Bowl - New in Katie's
- New on the CV Steak Menu: Mushroom Raviolis with Porcini mushrooms and cream sauce have been added both in an appetizer portion and as an entrée. On the lighter side, the new Salmon Salad includes a hoisin glazed salmon fillet, mixed greens and toasted sesame dressing. CV Steak’s Chicken Marsala is now served Italian style on pasta with Marsala mushrooms and butter sauce. Additional new entrées include an 8 Oz Sirloin to our list of steaks and chops and Clams Linguine served over black ink pasta with a lemon butter white wine sauce! Click for the CV Steak Dinner Menu.
- Just How Good Is CV Steak? Everybody has their own opinion, but for this Best Things Nevada writer, CV Steak is #5 on the Ten Best Steakhouses in Nevada list.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Duck Breast, a Maple Leaf Farms duck breast marinated with fresh herbs, grilled with natural duck jus and served with wild mushroom risotto and vegetable for $28.00. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Thursday is National Prime Rib Day – a “Day” we think is best celebrated on a Friday or Saturday. To that end, Katie's serves a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner every Friday and Saturday from 4 to 10 p.m. – includes a baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99. Saturday night’s special in CV Steak is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 . . . served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Sunday is National Oatmeal Cookie Day – a “Day” we think is best celebrated anytime you feel an oatmeal cookie is in order. To that end, oatmeal cookies (ours include raisins) are available seven days a week at both the Katie’s Bakery Counter and in Job’s Perk!
Let’s Focus on Mother’s Day
- Stay at the Inn: Our Mother’s Day Weekend Hotel Package is a perfect way to get away with Mom for the weekend - check out the details and call us at 775-783-6629 to make your reservations!
- Dine at the Inn:
- CV Steak is open for dinner on Mother's Day from 4:30 p.m. serving our regular CV Steak menu options plus two Mother's Day dinner specials: Atlantic Salmon Oscar with asparagus, crab and béarnaise sauce for $34.00 and Slow Roasted Prime Rib and Crab Legs served with au jus, creamy horseradish and vegetables for $35.00. Both specials include CV Steak signature table side tossed salad, sour dough baguette, creamery butter, and choice of house stuffed, baked or au gratin potatoes. For CV Steak reservations, call 775-783-6650. The Sunset Menu is not available on Mother's Day or on concert nights.
- Katie's is open 24 hours and is serving Traditional Eggs Benedict on Mother’s Day from 7 to 11 a.m. and a Shrimp Scampi dinner special from11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. The Traditional Eggs Benedict includes toasted English muffin, grilled Canadian bacon, two poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and hash browns for $6.99. The Shrimp Scampi is served with a white wine cream sauce, Linguini pasta, garlic bread and choice of soup or salad for $13.99.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Chris Toomey tonight, Rustler’s Heat Thursday thru Saturday, Patrick Major Sunday and Monday, Jamie Rollins next Tuesday and Wednesday. Chris Toomey has been writing and playing music around the country since 2003 and his roots are deep into a genre of folk-rock. Rustlers Heat is a Country Rock band playing all your favorite new and old country songs, from Merle Haggard to Jason Aldean and Patsy Cline to Carrie Underwood, along with a dash of classic rock tunes to dance the night away! Patrick Major’s style includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few of his own songs.
- a free Chocolate Shoppe Surprise for the first 150 ladies, Yankee Candle Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and last chance to earn entries for tonight’s drawings for $500 Cash.
- April CVI Anniversary Giveaways Final Drawings Friday: Drawings at 6 & 8 PM. $10,000 total cash and freeplay guaranteed!.
- $10,000 Guaranteed Giveaways Saturday: Drawings at 8, 9 & 10 PM with $10,000 guaranteed including one guaranteed $5,000 winner!
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play!
- April Scratcher Drawings Sunday: 6 & 8 PM, win up to $5,000!
- 4X Points Monday: Quadruple the benefits of your casino play all day every Monday in May with no limit on points earned!
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, MLB, Horse Racing and Sunday’s NASCAR Toyota Owners 400. Futures on the board include winners for the NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!