We Are Pretty Progressive Around Here…
At least as it relates to progressive slot jackpots! Our Penny Progressive is now over $36,000 and it can be won for a 90-coin bet (less than a buck!) here at the Carson Valley Inn, at Bodines Casino or at Sharkey’s Casino. In addition to a slew of “system” progressives (industry lingo for progressives that build, and can be won, at multiple casinos in the state), we also have some growing progressives that can only be “hit” here at the CVI. As of Tuesday, the Mega Jackpot on our Super Sky Wheel was over $6,700, the Grand Jackpot on our Cash Locomotive videos was over $14,600, the Lightning Link Grand Jackpot was over $15,300 and the Behemoth Buffalo Stampede Major Jackpot had topped $20,000.
Aviation Roundup: USAF Thunderbirds Right Here in Minden!
Lt. Colonel Jason Heard will be leading the US Air Force Thunderbirdsduring their appearance at the Aviation Roundup in Minden on October 7 & 8. Watch this CNN video featuring Lt. Col. Heard as he talks about what it’s like to fly F-16's inches from each other and what it takes to be on the elite Thunderbird team. This year's appearance by the Thunderbirds will have a major difference from the 2015 show: the entire team will actually deploy from the Minden Tahoe Airport which means their ground pre-departure show is part of what you’ll be able to enjoy. Get your tickets itself at this link and plan on joining us for what promises to be a top notch show also including the U.S. Army Golden Knights, the US Navy F-18 Tac Demo Team, the Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18 Demonstration Team and an all-star lineup of civilian performers.
The United Blood Services Heroes Remembered Blood Drive is this Friday, September 1 from 10 AM to 6 PM in the west lot near our big electronic sign. Schedule your appointment by calling 800-696-4484 and use sponsor code N1HRH or simply go to this link. This is one of the last chances to qualify before the September 5 deadline for an entry into the 2017 Summer Ride to Save Lives sponsored by Chester’s Reno Harley-Davidson® and United Blood Services. The grand prize is a 2017 Harley-Davidson® Iron 883™! UPDATE: United Blood Services is part of the national Blood Systems. As such, they are preparing to help in the Houston area as many, many blood drives in that area had to be cancelled. You'll be helping far past the local needs by donating Thursday.
Our "Internal" Football Pick Contest 2017
We're set for some friendly competition between three of our CVI folks as they vie for the “I can pick football better than you can” award for the 2017 season. Stepping up to participate are Mike and Alan from the sports book and Greg from the sales department. Each will pick two games every week, college or pro, over/under or the winner against the spread. For this first week, Greg picked West Virginia (+4½) over Virginia Tech and UTEP (+44) over Oklahoma State. Mike went with Oklahoma State (-18) over Tulsa and Texas A & M (+4) over UCLA. Alan likes LSU (-16½) to top BYU and Michigan State (-17½) over Bowling Green. The stakes? You'll have to ask the guys!
- The 2017 Hope Motorcycle Rally will be at the CVI on Saturday, September 30 with proceeds benefiting cancer research and awareness for 3 great organizations: Prostate Cancer Foundation, The National Cervical Cancer Coalition and The Teal Foundation. We invite you to read more about this fundraiser put on by Indian Motorcycle and many of the enthusiasts who enjoy riding this iconic brand.
- The annual Bunko for Breast Cancer to benefit the Carson Tahoe Cancer Resource Center is also coming up on Saturday, October 14 at the CVI and you can sign up or get more information on this webpage or this Facebook Page – or click here to send an email with any questions.
Our Usual “This and That” . . .
- Thursday is Diatomaceous Earth Day. We mention this for one superfluous reason and one very important reason: from the "why did you even say that" perspective, Diatomaceous is a 12 letter word and we are usually banned from using words that long in this blog. From the "oh, now I get it" point of view, Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is used in the filtering of beer, a liquid refreshment that becomes so prevalent during the fall football season.
- Friday is College Colors Day which, best we can determine, recognizes the extreme pride and zealous enthusiasm (and sometimes outright lunacy) exhibited by so many who attended college when the football season kicks off.
- Saturday is National Tailgating Day and we invite you to read about how this “day” got started. Shows you just about anybody can start a "National Day" for just about any reason. Also, and more directly, how appropriate for the first Saturday with a full slate of college football games!
- Tuesday is Be Late for Something Day and also Cheese Pizza Day. Our suggestion is to combine them both by spending an extra hour or two at Bodines Casino and enjoying a cheese pizza fresh out of Bodines brick pizza oven . . . with your favorite beer, of course! And, if you are then late for something, it's not your fault - you were justifiably celebrating a national day!
Cliff and Dave tonight, the California Cowboys Thursday through Sunday and Jonathon “JB” Barton Monday through Wednesday. Cliff and Dave provide an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll. R. W. Smith and the California Cowboys have appeared on concert billings with such country favorites as Alabama, Big & Rich, Dwight Yoakam, Merle Haggard, Clint Black, George Jones, Joe Diffe, Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, The Bellamy Brothers, Restless Heart, Travis Tritt, Doug Stone, Alan Jackson, George Strait, and many other country stars. Jonathon “JB” Barton performs favorites from Van Morrison, CCR, Hank Williams, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Eagles and many more. Once the NFL season starts we’ll be going to live entertainment Tuesday through Saturday and featuring Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football in The Cabaret Lounge.
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM every Thursday through September!
- 4X Points Friday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day every Friday through September!
- Friday Cash and Free Play Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for Cash & Free Play. Eight winners each drawing and one guaranteed $1,000 winner Friday night!
- Saturday All Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for cash on the spot. Eight winners each drawing and one guaranteed $1,000 winner Saturday night!
- Ladies-Only Poker Tournament Monday:: Our monthly tournament just for the ladies with brush up lessons starting at 3 PM and cards flying at 4 PM.
- 5X Points Monday: 5X Points all day for Labor Day!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on Major League Baseball, Horse Racing, the last week of Preseason NFL Football a full slate of NCAA Football games and the NASCAR Bojangles’ Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway this Sunday. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series, 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Football Championship and the 2018 NBA Championship.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack of Venison with cherry brandy demi seasoned with fresh herbs for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!