As of the time we are publishing this blog,there are still tickets available for the Michael McDonald Concert this Friday night starting at 8 PM in TJ's Corral. Join us for an amazing night of hits like "Takin' It to the Streets," "Minute by Minute," "What a Fool Believes," "I Keep Forgettin'," "Yah Mo B There" and many more. From his start with Steely Dan, through his stint as lead singer of the Doobie Brothers and into a stellar solo career, Michael McDonald offers something for everyone!
And next Saturday, August 26 we invite you to join us for An Evening With Country Music Legend Ronnie Milsap to benefit The Children's Cabinet. He'll be performing his classic songs like "Smoky Mountain Rain," "I Wouldn't Have Missed it for the World," "No Getting Over Me," "Any Day Now," and so many more of his classic country hits. If you were or still are a fan, you'll reminisce to the video above. If you fall into the "don't think I remember him" category, you'll certainly react with "oh, he sang that song" more than once as you watch the video which highlights Ronnie's hits, awards and other career milestones. Purchase your tickets (starting at $39) and help benefit The Children's Cabinet!
Hey, we know what you’re thinking, “school starts four weeks earlier than when we were kids, the stores have been pushing Halloween stuff since the end of July . . . and you’re bringing up Christmas parties!?” Okay, we get all that. However, we just have to remind our readers that now is the time to be thinking about booking your Christmas party at the Carson Valley Inn. Since we know you’ve got a short attention span on this one right now, we’ll simply plant the seed to make your plans by calling Carrie at 775-783-6673. Now, back to more current stuff!
Follow Along With Us . . .
|A Selection oi Pinot Noirs in CV Steak|
- Today is Rum Day. We cornered Erin in the Cabaret Bar and she gave us a quick cocktail creation demonstration (above) on making her special kind of Rum Punch!
- Thursday is Vanilla Custard Day. We asked our bakers what we serve with vanilla custard and it turns out they use vanilla custard to make banana cream pie but then add banana flavoring. So, just order the banana cream pie Thursday and claim that you semi-officially celebrated Vanilla Custard Day!
- Friday is Pinot Noir Day. We asked Jean-Michel in CV Steak about Pinot Noir and he indicated that “flavors and aromas include roses, fruits, black cherry, berry and currant. Other Pinot Noir characteristics include high acidity and low tannins. Pinot Noir's flavor depends heavily on where it is grown and how the wine maker treats it, so a good winery can produce exceptional wines. In CV Steak we carry a few wonderful Pinot Noirs that will complement your meal perfectly: Great value with Meiomi from California or wonderful lighter style with Buena Vista or Greg Norman. My favorites are the Belle Glos and we do carry their Clark and Telephone as well as Alturas.”
- Saturday is Aviation Day. And we can think of no better way to mark the day than by buying your tickets to the Aviation Roundup on October 7 and 8 at the Minden Tahoe Airport. Check this Performer’s Lineup for information on U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, U.S. Army Golden Knights, U.S. Navy Tac Demo Team and all the other performers Carson Valley Inn is proud to be a major sponsor and we look forward to seeing you on the tarmac!
- Saturday is Potato Day. We tried to get a picture of one of the giant baked potatoes we serve in CV steak and we didn’t have a camera lens that would capture the full width!
- Tuesday is Eat a Peach Day. Go ahead and eat one if you would like. Or, you can wait a couple of days as we will have a better suggestion for peach consumption in next week’s blog!
So get it out, make sure it’s clean (both meanings!) and wear it this Thursday at Sharkey’s Casino. You’ll fit right in when the August Third-Thursday Wine Walkers are strolling around between 4:30 and 7:30 PM for what the Main Street Gardnerville folks are exhaustively labeling the Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk-Fun T’s Night & Wine Down Desserts! Whatever you decide to call it, and whatever you decide to wear, just be sure to jump in the middle of the fun in and around Sharkey's as it promises to be an interesting evening!
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
Patrick Major tonight, the Buddy Emmer Band makes their Cabaret Lounge debut Thursday thru Saturday, Jamie Rollins Sunday and Monday and Roem Baur Tuesday and Wednesday. Patrick Major performs his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. A longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit the Buddy Emmer Band’s versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! An upbeat and experienced entertainer, Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few his own songs. Roem Baur is a classically trained opera singer who ultimately answered the call of rock n' roll.
In the Casino
|Free to First 150 Ladies Tonight!|
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM every Thursday through August!
- 4X Points Friday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day every Friday in August!
- Friday Cash and Free Play Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for Cash & Free Play. Eight winners each drawing and one guaranteed $1,000 winner Friday night!
- Saturday All Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for cash on the spot. Eight winners each drawing and one guaranteed $1,000 winner Saturday night!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all of our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on Major League Baseball, Horse Racing, Preseason NFL Football, WNBA and the NASCAR BASS Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series, 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Football Championship and the 2018 NBA Championship.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with Prosciutto, Wild Rice Pilaf and Plum Port glaze for $28. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!