In this week's blog: T. G. Sheppard Concert just about Sold Out, Chris Young and Dustin Lynch Concerts announced, our Outdoor Events Center gets a permanent name, new Valley Ballroom Bar completed, Michael Martin Murphy & Oak Ridge Boys concert tickets moving, how Mike's horse Midnight Hawk did last weekend, this week's entertainment, Ladies' Night prizes, more!
Outdoor Events Center Now TJ's Corral: Our new outdoor events center – previously and temporarily referred to as the Valley Sky Theatre – is now officially "TJ's Corral" in honor of Theodore James “T.J.”
Concert Lineup Expands – Tickets for Some on Sale:
- The T. G. Sheppard Concert this Friday night in the Valley Ballroom is just about sold out – less than 3 dozen tickets left late Tuesday night. If you want to attend we suggest you stop by the hotel desk or call 775-783-6606.
- Tickets are on sale through our web site for the Michael Martin Murphy Concert on Thursday, May 1 and the Oak Ridge Boys Concert on Thursday, May 15.
- Moving from the traditional to the present, we are pleased to announce the addition of two more concerts: Dustin Lynch on Friday, June 13 and Chris Young on Saturday, August 2.
- Here's a link to our full schedule of concerts where you can watch for tickets going on sale for the remaining concerts. We'll also post information on this same page about more concerts and events as soon as we have it.
Mike's Horse Midnight Hawk finished second to stable mate Chitu in Sunday's $800,000 Sunland Derby which was filled with Kentucky Derby hopefuls. Both colts are representatives of Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert who has been seen at the Carson Valley Inn more than once in recent years. We are continuing to keep an eye on both Hoppertunity and Midnight Hawk as the Triple-Crown season draws near.
5 Million Points Giveaway Grand Prize: The Grand Prize drawings in our 5 Million Point Giveaway are Monday at 6 & 8 p.m. What's on tap for April? A Free Four-Wheeler Giveaway in conjunction with sister property Bodines Casino, Free Pepsi 6-Pack days, Double and Triple Points days, Ladies’ Nights, two days of Anniversary promotions, the Monthly Blackjack Tournament . . . . watch next week's blog for more info.
NCAA Basketball March Madness Continues: Wow – what a plethora of upsets last weekend! Anyone remember which movie made the word "plethora" popular? Back to the matter at hand - we'll have all the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games on our casino and bar HDTVs this weekend. Here's a link to the bracket for your review of the matchups and game times.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Dale Poune performs tonight, Stew Stewart takes the stage Thursday through Saturday and Michael Furlong appears Sunday through next Wednesday. Some week when our blog posting isn't so full we'll tell you more about Stew – he's quite a colorful character as many of you know!
Carson Valley Rider Makes it to Genoa: Remember the short video of the horse being valet parked at the Carson Valley Inn and Elvis greeting the horse and rider? Here is a link if you want to see it again. The same horse and rider recently wandered through Genoa and . . . well, take a look for yourself - just one of the many nearby places to visit when staying at the Carson Valley Inn!
Happening in our Valley Ballroom:
· The Nevada Airports Association Conference continues through tomorrow. This is just one of many conventions, meetings and seminars held at the CVI each year. To talk about having your group meet at the Carson Valley Inn (and save you the drive to some distant location), call Carrie at 775-783-6673.
· The Annual Rotary Beast Feast is Saturday night with a gala buffet of game and traditional items, an electronic shooting game, and plenty of raffle and auction items. There are just a few tickets left – contact Brent (like today!) at 775-783-3725.
· New Bar Valley Ballroom is Finished . . . and it came out great! Those attending the T. J. Sheppard Concert this Friday or the Rotary Beast Feast on Saturday will get to belly-up and enjoy. For everyone else, we'll take pictures and post them in next week's blog.
Ladies Night Tonight! Gift baskets from Yankee Candle are going out to our six Hot Seat Winners tonight! Deanna and Julie also have a Free Yankee Votive Candle for the first150 ladies who show up tonight and 20 of these will also have a Free Play! Ladies Night Bingo games are at 6:45, 7:30 & 8:15 p.m. with the first 2 games "paying" $50 in Free Play and the last game paying $100 Cash.
The Clear Edge – in Golf That is: The Clear Edge is the name of a 3-Night upscale golf package for hotel guests that includes rounds at both Clear Creek Tahoe (thus the "Clear") and Edgewood Tahoe (you got it – the "Edge"). More on this in our next golf blog posting or call our resident golf pro, Greg Enholm, PGA at 775-783-6615. Oh, and speaking of golf, don't forget our Spring Stag on the last weekend of April - three nights of food and fun, two days of golf and much more!
Lots More Coming Up: We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday!
Have questions or comments? Post a comment below, shoot us an email using info @ carsonvalleyinn dot com or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator. He or she will get you to the correct person or department!