TJ’s Corral – Two Concerts in Six Days
Two more events on our 2019 Concert Schedule are coming up within six days when Uncle Kracker helps us celebrate the Mike Tice Annual Charity Weekend "For The Kids" this Saturday and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts provide the Independence Day rock ‘n roll next Wednesday, July 4. That leaves Dwight Yoakam on July 26 (Sold Out), Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo on July 31, Martina McBride on August 4 and Loverboy on August 9. Tickets and more information for all concerts are available at This Link and be sure to check next week’s blog and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for additional concert news.
|Clint Black Last Year in TJ's Corral|
Photo Credit: Dwayne Hicks
TJ’s Corral Concert Throwback
Looking back at the last week in June we remember when Rodney Adkins took the stage on June 27, 2015 and who can forget just last year on June 29, 2018 when Clint Black played to a very full house that must’ve included every country fan in Northern Nevada!
Music, Food & BrewFest this Friday
The Front Porch Blues Band and Rockology are providing the music for this Friday’s Music, Food and BrewFest, the kickoff event for the Mike Tice Annual Charity Weekend "For The Kids". Admission is just $25 which includes a starter supply of tokens used to buy beer (we’ll have a nice variety) and food (burgers, dogs, pulled pork and the like). To purchase tickets for this three-plus hours of music and fun, Click Here. Remember, this event is to raise funds for a permanent facility for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch.
Blood Drive Today at CVI
The folks from Vitalant (formerly United Blood Services) will have their bloodmobiles set up in our west lot along Hwy 395 today from 10 AM to 6 PM for another in their series of All American Blood Drives. Summer is the most difficult time to get donors to jump in plus the needs for blood definitely increase in the summer with more traffic and more outside activity. Your help would be very much appreciated . . . Simply stop in at the pop-up tent next to the bloodmobiles and the Vitalant rep will get you in as soon as possible. As an added incentive, Vitalant is bringing a variety of t-shirts for today’s donors including some with Giants and some with Nevada themes. Take your pick from their selection while supplies last!
Death Ride Deadline This Sunday!
Pretty ominous headline, huh! Because of our involvement behind the scenes, we happened to be talking to the folks at the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce this week. They mentioned there are still some openings for the Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride on July 13 and the registration cutoff is this Sunday. Get all the details at This Link.
This Week’s Promotions Lineup
- Ladies Night Tonight:
- Our “Regular Festivities” run from 5:30 to 8:30PM including a Free Jar Lid Opener for the first 150 ladies with over 100 including FreePlay and All Wrapped Up Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes. The ladies will also enjoy 3 Bingo Games, 4 Raffles and a weekly drink special!
- Our Hometown Pride dress-up contest is also tonight with prizes for the best hat, shirt or outfit that recognizes the spirit, heritage or “feel” of the Carson Valley. Everyone who “makes an attempt” to dress the theme receives a ticket for one set of drawings for Free Play Prizes. Sometime around 8 PM the judges will choose the five “best” or “most creative” for the contest prizes which are $100 cash for first, $50 in FreePlay for second and Gift Baskets for third thru fifth.
- Player’s Choice Wednesdays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Cruise Drawings Thursday: Join us for drawings at 6 and 8PM for preliminary prizes plus a guaranteed winner of a Free Cruise for Two!
- Point Multiplier Fridays: 5X Points on video reels and 3X Points on video poker, all day.
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 7PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday.
- Player’s Choice Mondays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Action on the board this week includes Major League Baseball, Canadian Football, Women’s World Cup Soccer, WNBA Basketball, the NASCAR Monster Energy Series Camping World 400 and Horse Racing. Tonight is also the equivalent of “Game 7” for the College World Series as Michigan and Vanderbilt each have one win and the winner of tonight’s game is crowned the 2019 Champion!
- Futures Bets: 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2019 World Series, 2020 NCAA Football Championship and 2020 Super Bowl!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials: Wednesday is Lasagna for $7.99 and Thursday is a Pork Chop in Ranchero Sauce for $7.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99. Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $6.99 from 2 to 10PM. Monday Katie’s features Chicken Piccata for $7.99 and the Tuesday special is a Burrito Grande, chicken or beef & beans in a flour tortilla covered with enchilada sauce & cheese with Spanish rice for $7.99. The specials on Monday through Saturday are served from 11AM to 10PM.
- CV Steak: Wednesday’s special is Beef Tenderloin Brochette with bell peppers, onions, cherry tomato and a spicy sweet and sour sauce. Thursday is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak. This Friday it’s Medallions of Wild Boar Tenderloin. Saturday nights CV Steak features Garlic Studded Prime Rib. The Sunday special this week is “Oscar Style” Fillet of Salmon with crab and Béarnaise sauce. CV Steak specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm sourdough baguette.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
- Roem Baur Duo tonight: Roem is a multiple award-winning touring songwriter and classically trained opera singer. He ultimately answered the call of rock n’ roll and has been featured on the main stage at Super Bowl 50, NBC’s The Voice and at CES & SXSW conferences.
- The California Cowboys Thursday through Saturday: : R. W. Smith and the California Cowboys deliver a powerful sound, with the clear punch of tight three-part harmonies. The group has appeared on concert billings with such country favorites as Alabama, Big & Rich, Dwight Yoakam, Merle Haggard, Clint Black, George Jones, Joe Diffe, Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, The Bellamy Brothers, Restless Heart, Travis Tritt, Doug Stone, Alan Jackson, George Strait, and many other country stars.
- Steve Lord Sunday & Monday: A guitarist with dynamic vocals, Steve is a main stage West Coast performer. A man of a thousand songs, Steve presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock ‘n’ roll.
- Hans Eberbach Tuesday and Wednesday: Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach has released a solo album, “Up Is The Only Way Out” and he also sings for Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. He also fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS a band that represents his original singer/songwriter/electronic soul work.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!