In this week's blog: How to win a free T.G. Sheppard Concert Weekend Package, what happens when you valet park a horse at the CVI, our 5 Million Point Giveaway in March, Cowboy Mardi Gras, a space shuttle developer speaking at the CVI and more!
Win a free T.G. Sheppard Concert Weekend Package: This is a free-to-enter contest on our Facebook page. We don't ask for any personal info – just check out contest posting on our Facebook page and Like, Comment or Share to enter. We are taking reservations now for the T.G. Sheppard Concert Weekend Package: Two nights in the hotel, two concert tickets, $50 in food credits and admission to a private pre-concert Meet & Greet. Check our web site for the details. Oh, if you win the Facebook contest, and you already made reservations for this package, we'll make the appropriate adjustment!
5 Million Point Giveaway: Yes, it's a lot of free player club points to just give away . . . but that's our guarantee between the Carson Valley Inn and Bodines Casino during March! The March Promotions start this Saturday and we'll remind you of pertinent days in each week's blog posting.
What Really Happened When Elvis Was Here? Remember Elvis Week last January? Our friends at the Carson Valley Visitor's Authority roped him into a short video for their Rugged, Relaxed, Reachable campaign and . . . well take a look for yourself at this video and some of the horsin' around!
This Friday's Game Dinner Special: Our Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak this Friday is Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice and plum port glaze. As with all CV Steak entrees, the Game-On Friday special also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato – all for $27.00.
Interesting Happenings in our Valley Ballroom:
- Cowboy Mardi Gras at CVI this Friday: Austin's House 2nd Annual "Cowboy Mardi Gras" is this Friday night in our Valley Ballroom. This is a fun and very casual event to benefit the kids of Austin's House- wear your favorite western wear and/or Mardi Gras clothes and colors - and join others in our community who care deeply about the welfare of children! A great western BBQ buffet, music, dancing, games, raffles, and a Silent Auction! Tickets are available by calling 775-267-6711.
- "Dream Chaser" Shuttle Developers at CVI: The Sports Aviation Foundation Annual Membership Dinner on Saturday, March 8 will feature Greg Stanley from the Sierra Nevada Corporation, a privately owned aerospace company in Sparks. They are developing the "Dream Chaser" the next generation shuttle to the space station. For tickets, call 775-782-9871.
- What's Next at CVI? How about you! Quite a few fundraisers, meetings, reunions, conventions and banquets happen at the CVI each year and there are many positive comments on our web site. To find out about holding an event for your group, business or association at the Carson Valley Inn, contact Carrie at 775-783-6673.
Ladies Night Tonight! The hot seat winners at tonight's Ladies' Night festivities from 6 to 9 p.m. will receive a Gift Basket. Deanna and Julie will be handing out a compact mirror to the first 150 ladies who show up - and 20 of these will also have Free Play as a bonus! Ladies Night Bingo games are at 6:45, 7:30 & 8:15 p.m. with the first 2 games "paying" $50 in Freeplay and the last game paying $100 Cash.
Keeping You Posted:
· New Bar in the Convention Center: Progressing rapidly with framing this week. We hope to be completed by March 10.
· Super Sunday Parlay Card $2,500 Winner: hard to believe, but someone took the time, and paid the $5, to play a ticket – and still has not claimed the second $2,500 prize. Must have really been distracted by the Super Bowl commercials!
Lots More Coming Up: We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting each and every Wednesday!
Have questions or comments about the Carson Valley Inn? Send us an email using info at carsonvalleyinn dot com or leave a comment on this posting. Please also feel free to call us at 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator. He or she will get you to the correct person or department!