$500, $25,000, $85,000+: let’s go thru these numbers carefully ‘cause they all are (or could be in one case) happening this week! Tonight, we’re giving away a $500 Shopping Spree (a variety of gift cards) at Ladies’ Night. Friday night we wrap up our $80,000 March Pot-O-Gold promotion by giving away a guaranteed $25,000 in cash and free play between $15,000 at CVI and another $10,000 at Bodines Casino! As for the $85,000+, that’s our Penny Progressive Jackpot (as of last night) and while we’re not guaranteeing it will be won this week, we can guarantee that when it does hit, it can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines. How’s this for potential irony on this big Penny Progressive Jackpot: if it hits this Saturday, April 1, you’ll never think of April Fools’ Day as something less than spectacular again! And you can say that you hit the Penny Progressive Jackpot on National One Cent Day - one of those obscure “who makes this stuff up” holidays that you will likely remember forever. We sure hope it happens - it’s a PR person’s dream!
Buck Ford Joins Alyssa Micaela for Nashville Nights Showcase This Friday
Nashville recording artist Buck Ford will open the Nashville Nights Showcase this Friday in our Valley Ballroom followed by Nashville singer-songwriter Alyssa Micaela. Buck’s performances include his own written and composed music and he covers songs from greats such as the likes of George Strait, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Keith Whitley, Craig Morgan, Wade Hayes, Mark Chesnutt, Tracy Lawrence, Chris Young, Billy Currington, Hank Jr., Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings, Garth Brooks and many more. Buck’s newly released album recorded in Nashville “Where I Wanna Be” is currently available at CDbaby.
Friday's Nashville Nights Showcase starts at 8:30 PM in the Valley Ballroom and tickets are $15 at the Hotel Desk or call 775-783-6606.
|Want One of These? What Color?|
Toyota Camry in Your Future? We’ll cut to the chase on this one: someone will win a new Toyota Camry on Saturday, April 15 right here at the Carson Valley Inn. It’s part of our multi-property Anniversary Celebrations which also includes $10,000 in Guaranteed Giveaways on April 22 at Sharkey’s Casino and another new Toyota Camry on Saturday, May 6 at Bodines Casino. There's a lot more going on in April and you can click here for all of the April CVI Promotion Details. To get in on all of the fun and giveaways, remember to always use your player card whenever playing in any of our three properties.
Easter is just over two weeks away and if you don’t have your dinner plans made, perhaps you’ll think of Katie's or CV Steak for Easter Sunday dinner? CV Steak is open Easter Sunday from 4:30 p.m. serving the regular CV Steak menu plus two Easter dinner specials: Apple Bourbon Glazed Slow Roasted Pork Rib Eye and Grilled Salmon “Oscar Style.” Reservations in CV Steak are strongly recommended - actually, for Easter Sunday reservations in CV Steak are darn near a must! In Katie’s we're offering our regular menu on Easter Sunday plus a holiday special of Orange Glazed Baked Ham from 2 to 9 p.m. click here for pricing and other details.
Save the Date – May 12: Many people have asked about about a “Celebration of Life” for Stew Stewart, our former entertainment manager who passed away earlier this year. We have it on our schedule for Friday evening, May 12 in TJ’s Corral and will have more information in next week’s blog.
What, No New Concerts Announced This Week? Nothing new to announce, but that doesn’t mean were done scheduling. For now, here's a link to the current 2017 Lineup in TJ’s Corral including an unusual “show” on July 1 when MMA will be featured in TJ’s Corral!
|Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge|
with The Novelists
This week we have Tyler Stafford tonight, The Novelists Thursday thru Saturday, Steve Lord Sunday and Monday and Hans Eberbach next Tuesday and Wednesday. Equally comfortable and entertaining acoustic or electric, The Novelists showcase cliffhanger storytelling, multiple lead singers and their signature four-part harmonies. In addition to a headlining gig at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, The Novelists have become a mainstay on the West Coast festival, college and house concert circuits. They’ve shared the stage with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, John Prine, and Daryl Stuermer (Genesis). Peter Finch, a member of the Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame and formerly with KGO/KFOG Radio said of the Novelists, “The thing about The Novelists is that there is no weak link. You hear it in their fine debut CD “Backstory,” and it’s confirmed in their live performances. Every member of this four-piece band is a gifted, singer, songwriter, and musician. Together they create something very special.”
- a free Cutting Mat for the first 150 ladies, Costco Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and last chance to earn entries for tonight’s drawings for a free $500 Shopping Spree
- $80,000 Pot-O-Gold Giveaways Grand Finale Friday: $25,000 in Cash & Freeplay Guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino – CVI Drawings at 6 & 8.
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play – every Saturday in April!
- 10X Golden Tickets Monday: It takes a golden ticket to win the Toyota Camry on April 15 and on Monday you’ll earn 10X Golden Tickets - check in the casino for more information.
- Penny Progressive Over $85,000: this Progressive Jackpot can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet the NCAA Final Four, NBA, Pre-Season MLB, NHL and the NASCAR STP 500. Futures on the board include winners for The Masters, NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup and World Series.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Buffalo Tournedos, American Bison tenderloin filets grilled and finished with a red wine truffle demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!