Late Nite Catechism comedy/play in our Valley Ballroom on Saturday night, November 15. Tickets are available now for just $20 at our Hotel Desk or call 775-783-6629. Click Here for all the details! And you definitely want to think twice about sitting in the front row or chewing gum!
The annual KTVN Channel 2 Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive returns to the Carson Valley Inn on Friday, December 12 at the RV Park entrance from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. KTVN's Adam Varahachaikol, Arianna Bennett, and Chloe Beardsley (l-r in the picture) will anchor the day's activities from our location and we'll have music, Santa arriving by Care Flight helicopter and plenty of fun! Please plan on stopping by and doing your part to make sure the Carson Valley Community Food Closet is well stocked to serve our community in the coming year!
This Week at the Carson Valley Inn:
- Wednesday, 10-29: Giants and Royals in Game 7 of the World Series and all the action will
- Thursday, 10-30: The Grand Prize Drawings in our October Giveaways Promotion are at 6 & 8 p.m. and we'll be throwing out a bunch of cash and FreePlay!
- Friday, 10-31 (Boo!): Our employees are welcome to wear Halloween costumes to work for our annual Employee Halloween Costume Contest. We'll have a day shift and swing shift "best costume" contest with cash prizes. So, if you see someone you'd like to campaign for, simply bribe the judges: Eileen Knox & Pat Stirling (lavish jewelry or compliment their shoes) for day shift and Phil Dohrn & Demont Pegram (a new 4-wheeler should do it) on swing shift. This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Ghastly Ghoulash, a very hearty stew with alligator, venison and rabbit sausages, vegetables and pumpkin potato croquettes . . . Served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $26.00! And just to make sure you don’t get spooked on Friday, you'll earn 5X points all day so be sure to use your Inn Club card!
- Saturday, 11-1: Our November Promotions start and we have 4X Points today . . . Mike's Breeders Cup Sprint crown at Santa Anita and the big local pull is for California Chrome in the Breeders’ Cup Classic! Join us as we root on "Chrome" and look forward to seeing owners Steve & Carolyn Coburn, frequent guests at the Carson Valley Inn, in the Winner's Circle! We'll be giving away Free “California Chrome” t-shirts in the casino on Saturday starting at 1 p.m. and continuing while they last.
- Sunday, 11-2: Start the day with a supposed extra hour of sleep by turning your clocks back an hour at 2:00 a.m. Ever consider that an hour later it's 2 a.m. again and – well just turn 'em back the first time it's 2 a.m. In the afternoon, catch the 49er Game in the casino (1:05 p.m. vs. the Rams) and then swing by Katie's for "The Chandler" Southern Fried Chicken dinner – our long-running Sunday special that includes mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw and a biscuit all for $5.99.
- Monday, 11-3: Nevada Football Coach Brian Polian will be in our Valley Ballroom for a
- Tuesday 11-4: If you haven't voted early, vote today!
- Wednesday, 11-5: Be sure to check next week's blog for information on our Christmas Kickoff Weekend Hotel Package for December 4 – 6 and an update on the soon-to-start Carson Valley Airporter scheduled shuttle service between the Carson Valley Inn and the Reno Airport.
- The Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce Gala (775-782-8144) on Saturday, November 8 is an example of one of many awards or formal events that happen in our ballroom each year.
- Our 4th Annual CVI Veteran's Day's Spaghetti Feed the following Tuesday, November 11 is another in a list of events produced by the Carson Valley Inn for our customers and casino players - and many area companies hold similar events for their clients.
- The Late Nite Catechism comedy show/play (775-783-6629) on Saturday, November 15 shows the versatility of the Valley Ballroom for performances whether they be drama, comedy, theater or product announcements.
- The Annual Economic Outlook (775-782-8144) on November 19 is co-sponsored by three organizations that use our convention center facilities on a regular basis: the Northern Nevada Development Authority, the Business Council of Douglas County and the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Interested in having your holiday, social or business event at the Carson Valley Inn? Contact Carrie at 775-783-6673. She'll help you look like a hero!
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: The Henhouse Prowlers appear tonight, Just Us takes the stage Thursday – Saturday nights, NFL Football has the spotlight Sunday and Monday nights and the Paul Covarelli entertains Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Jackpot Update: The Penny Progressive Jackpot was over $36,500 when we checked last night and the Pro PK'em Progressive is $3,578 for this weekend's NFL games.
- Give us Your Two Cents: Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!