Fire on the Mountain:
They have recorded over two dozen albums, have numerous hits and their definitive blend of rock, rhythm & blues, jazz, country, and gospel were an instrumental part in shaping the sounds of southern rock and influenced major country acts like Alabama, The Kentucky Headhunters, Confederate Railroad and Travis Tritt. Now, thanks to the expanding scope of today's music, a new generation of fans is learning what the rest of their fans have known for so long - the Marshall Tucker Band delivers good music that knows no boundaries! Still led today by founding member and lead singer Doug Gray, they represent a time and place in music that will never be duplicated. You can enjoy the MTB live in TJ’s Corral on Friday, July 28 and tickets are available now!
Remaining Concert and Event Updates:
- Kenny Loggins Concert on Friday, June 9: Standing Room tickets are available but selling fast. Doesn’t mean you have to stand – you’re welcome to bring a blanket and sit on the elevated grass area.
- Aaron Watson featuring special guest Clare Dunn Concert on Friday, June 16: Tickets Available Now
- WFC Mixed Martial Arts Event on Saturday July 1 - Tickets Available Now.
- The Spinners Concert on Saturday July 8 - Tickets Available Now.
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18 - Tickets Available Soon.
|Two Days of Sporting Clays Fun|
We have survived some interesting weather challenges over the years during our annual Winter Clay Shoot in February . . . But never enough to scratch either day of the event. None of these challenges is likely to occur during our Summer Fun Shoot coming up August 6 – 8, 2017. Sunscreen and ice misters will replace earmuffs, gloves and hand warmers as we enjoy two days of sporting clay shooting with 150 targets each day, one day at the private Carson Valley Clays Club and the other day Walker River Resort. There’s also an opening night reception and a family-style dinner and storytelling at the J T Basque Bar & Dining Room. Check here for the pricing and other details and get yourself signed up now!
Our wet winter and abundant spring snow melt-off will eventually give way to drier summer weather and certain-to-be-heavy growth . . . the ideal fuel for wildfire. For the last 10 years in May, the Carson Valley Inn and Bodines Casino have joined with the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension to spread the word about their wildfire awareness campaign during Nevada Wildfire Awareness Month. It’s one of those “things” we tend to think won’t happen to us, but we know otherwise here in northern Nevada. So, we enthusiastically encourage you to pay heed to this year’s theme: “Wildfire! Prepare. Anticipate. Evacuate.”
The Rye Brothers tonight through Saturday, Bill Wharton acoustic duo Sunday and Monday and The Novelists Tuesday and Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. The group is led by Paul Justin & Justin Foutz, who trade off on the lead vocals and guitar licks. Paul and Justin formed Rye Brothers in the of Summer of 2015 and quickly added a solid rhythm section consisting of Jacob Delott (bass, backing vocals) and Jeff Sorenson (drums, backing vocals) to round out this Southern California based “power-pop” quartet. Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz. The Novelists Acoustic Duo provides cliffhanger storytelling, dual lead singing personalities and their signature harmonies.
These Two Tidbits Are in No Way Related (Honest!)
- If you get to leave work early on Friday you can thank Laura Stack . . . the “inventor” of Leave the Office Early Day. However, you can’t leave early if you don’t have a job (keep reading).
- If you’re looking for a job, or a better job, or a job for your spouse, teenagers or in-laws, we have a variety of positions available at the CVI. Check out our openings at this link.
|The Little Card in the Envelope |
is the Best Part!
- Pure Glow Salon. The picture shows some of the Aveda products that go to the winner - but it's what's in the envelope that will provide you with the bulk of the "spoil me" spa experience! Free Chocolate Gift for the first 150 ladies, Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and the last chance to earn entries for tonight’s drawings for a $500 Spa Package at
- Free Breakfast or 50% Breakfast Discount Today: Earn 50 Points this morning, swipe at the casino kiosk and receive a free breakfast in Katie’s usable today, 7:30 – 11:30 AM. Or, if you’re 50 or over, receive 50% off your breakfast today 7:30 – 11:30 AM.
- Thursday: Our June Casino Promotions start today!
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play!
- Friday Cash Blast Giveaways of cash, free play, food and free concert tickets – drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM.
- Saturday Cash Blast Giveaways at 6, 8 & 10 PM with the chance to win up to $10,000!
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all of our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the NBA Championship Finals, NHL Stanley Cup Finals, MLB, Horse Racing and the NASCAR AAA 400 Drive for Autism at Dover International Speedway. Futures include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Rack of Venison with cherry demi brandy for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!