TG Sheppard Invites You to CVI
TG Sheppard sent us this short video a few days ago inviting everyone to join him and his special guest and wife Kelly Lang at his upcoming concert in the Valley Ballroom on Saturday night, November 12. Tickets are $25 and are available at the hotel desk or by calling 775-783-6606. Our suggestion: make it a weekend with our special 2-night TG Sheppard hotel package which includes tickets for TG’s Concert and $50 towards your CVI restaurant dining. All the details are at this link.
- Our Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for up to Ten is back this year . . . includes a fully-cooked 18-20 pound turkey plus all the trimmings - mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans amandine, cranberry sauce, a pumpkin pie, rolls and butter all for just $89.00 plus tax. For more information or to order, check at the Katie's cashier counter or call 775-783-6664 after noon today and ask for the Katie's supervisor. We are taking a limited number of orders so please don't miss out!
- Thanksgiving Dinner Specials will be served in CV Steak and Katie's on Thursday, November 24th. Watch our blog next week for Thanksgiving menus, dinner specials and hours.
A Man Walks Into a Bar and the Bartender Says . . . Actually, you can finish this one if you’d like ‘cause we are looking for a casino bartender! You can get all of the information on this position and the other open positions at the CVI on the employment page on our website.
- Christmas Comedy: Sister’s Christmas Catechism comes to the Valley Ballroom Thursday and Friday, December 1 and 2 . . . Tickets are $22 and are available at the hotel desk or you can order by phone at 775-783-6606.
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet the World Series (Cleveland Indians vs. Chicago Cubs), NFL and NCAA Football, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, and the Sunday Goody's Fast Relief 500 NASCAR race. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the NBA Championship, NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $3477– pick all 15 NFL games straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Chatter Around the Sportsbook with Mike and Allen:
- Last Week: Allen liked the Kansas City Chiefs (at -6½) to cover against the New Orleans Saints. The Chiefs won by six so we had to put a tic mark in the "lost this one" column for Allen. Mike said take West Virginia (-5½) over TCU and the Mountaineers covered easily. He also liked 1-5 Buffalo to beat the spread against the favored-by-22 Northern Illinois. Mike suffered his first "defeat" in the last three weeks as Northern Illinois won by 37!
- This Week: Allen really likes the Raiders against Tampa Bay in this “pick ‘em” game. Two reasons: they’ve been doing great on the road and they stayed in Florida all of this last week after beating Jacksonville last Sunday. Embarrassed by his first loss, Mike is trying to hide from the spotlight this week with two obscure picks. He likes favorite Kansas State (-6½) over Iowa State and he projects the underdog Connecticut will cover against East Carolina who is favored by seven.
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Bonus Cash Drawings Thursday: You’ve been earning entries with your play all month, just be here at 6 & 8 p.m. for these extra cash drawings.
- Win $20,000 Friday: The last weekly Friday drawings in our October Progressive Giveaways Promotion are at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. with plenty of cash and free play and the chance to win the $20,000 progressive jackpot. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 4X Points Saturday: Every Saturday in October earn 4X Points all day.
- Progressive Giveaway Grand Prize Saturday: Drawings at 6 & 8 p.m. for cash, FreePlay and other prizes. Ten winners picked each time for a minimum of $100 up to $2,500 each!
- October Scratcher Drawings Sunday: 4 & 6 p.m.
- 5X Points Monday for Halloween: Use your Inn Club card while you play and the points add up five times faster all day Monday!
- Senior Mondays: Seniors 55 and over are invited to our Senior Mondays during October from 8 AM to 11 AM in the Cabaret Lounge. We have free coffee and cookies, free bingo games and a chance to win free play and cash! Senior Slot Tournament for cash & free play prizes. Seniors play one time free and have additional entries by earning 100 points on the previous Mondays.
- Penny Progressive Over $28,500 . . . That’s enough to buy one nice car, a couple of really nice motorcycles or three fairly nice snowmobiles . . . and this jackpot can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Casino Promotions!
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for just $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday (hint: save $4 Thursdays), Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Game Tips with Mushroom Cabernet Demi and Pepper Pappardelle for $26. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!