Pizza and Beer, Coffins and Cheer – It's All in the Family!
And by family we mean the Carson Valley Inn and our two sister casinos Sharkey's Casino and Bodines Casino. And here's how it all ties together:
- Pizza and Beer: this one falls squarely on Bodines Casino - the perfect place to celebrate Pizza and Beer Day this Sunday or any day! Bodines' 19 different bottled beers and half-dozen beers on tap provide a generous choice of accompaniments for your made-to-order pizza cooked in Bodines stone-fired pizza oven, specially built to m
- Coffins:2nd Annual Slaughterhouse Lane Coffin Races this
All this a stone's throw from Sharkey's Saturday
- Cheer: we're back to the Carson Valley Inn for this one and the "cheer" has to do with a Christmas theme to an event we've presented before during a non-holiday season – Late Nite Catechism. Here for one sold-out night in 2014, we’re clearing the decks for two nights in early December for their special approach to Holy Nite Comedy!! Watch next week for the details!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and no one event in the Carson Valley recognizes it more visually, audibly or financially than Bunko for Breast Cancer this Saturday night in our Valley Ballroom. We’ve mentioned this event the last few weeks and we give you this one last reminder in the hopes you will participate or at least stop by and show your support. With sports characters as the theme, you're likely to see anything . . . And please remember all proceeds stay locally and support the Carson Tahoe Cancer Resource Center!
A Few Tidbits:
- TG Sheppard Next Month: A reminder that TG Sheppard returns for a special acoustic concert in the Valley Ballroom on Saturday night, November 12. Tickets are $25 and are available at the hotel desk or by calling 775-783-6606. A special 2-night hotel package is also available that includes tickets for TG’s Concert. All the details are at this link.
- Why So Many Handbags, Ladies? National Handbag Day
Sports and Race Book:
- This week you can bet Major League Baseball Playoffs, Horseracing, NFL and NCAA Football, the WNBA Finals and Saturday’s Bank of America 500 NASCAR race. Also on the board: updated futures bets on who will win the World Series, the 2016 Season NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $3102 – pick all 15 NFL games straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Chatter around the Sportsbook: it's fun to talk to Mike and Jim at the sports book on Tuesday mornings after all the odds for the week have been posted. We asked them each what their pics were for this week.
- Jim didn’t even want to talk football, he likes the Giants tonight with Bumgarner pitching.
- Mike’s philosophy is always take the underdog when there’s a big point spread and neither team has proven to be very good so far this year. His picks this week: take Texas and the points versus Oklahoma in their storied Red River Rivalry and take Purdue and the points in their battle with Illinois for the Perdue Cannon.
- Which NFL games are garnering the most chatter by our CVI fans this week? The Cards vs. Niners because who would’ve thought they would both be 1-3 at this point, the Falcons (3-1) vs. the Broncos (4-0) and the Chargers vs. the Raiders because of the obvious local appeal, the tie to Coach Tice and the upward trend for the Raiders.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Jonathon “JB” Barton entertains tonight, Justin Lee and his band are in Thursday through Saturday, we show NFL Football on the Big Screen in the Cabaret on Sunday and Monday nights and George Pickard performs next Tuesday and Wednesday. With his self-titled EP release in 2015, Justin Lee burst onto the country music scene. The up-and-coming musician has gone from playing in a cover band with his buddies to performing on the same stage as acts like The Band Perry, Parmalee and Jake Owen. Justin has performed at ShipKicker in Long Beach and Night in the Country, Nevada’s largest country music festival. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
- In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Friday Drawings: Weekly drawings in our October Progressive Giveaways Promotion are at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. with plenty of cash and free play and the chance to win the $5,000 progressive jackpot. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 4X Points Saturday: Every Saturday in October earn 4X Points all day.
- Free T-Shirt Mondays: We're giving away Free Long Sleeve CVI T-Shirts every Monday through October 24th! To qualify, simply earn 75 points the same day and the free T-Shirt is yours . . . plus you keep the points! The gray shirts were last Monday . . . watch for a different color each Monday.
- Senior Mondays: Seniors 55 and over are invited to our Senior Mondays during October from 8 AM to 11 AM in the Cabaret Lounge. We have free coffee and cookies, free bingo games and a chance to win free play and cash! Someone under 55 asked us last week "If I have senior moments on Monday’s does that count?" The answer to that one is simple: Wait a minute . . . What was the question again?
- Blackjack Tournament Tuesday: Our monthly blackjack tournament has a $25 buy-in and all the entry fees and re-buys – usually over $1000 – are paid out in prize money to the top three finishers. Sign up start at 5 PM in the pit area and anyone in our table games department can tell you how it works.
- Our Penny Progressive was a few dollars short of $22,000 on Tuesday Night. Unlike the many statewide progressives, this jackpot can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our October Casino Promotions!
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials at $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Braised Lamb Shank with Barley Risotto for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
|Get Your Free Long Sleeve |
CVI T-Shirt Monday
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!