Prime Rib Anyone? Today is Prime Rib Day and we make it geographically easy for you to celebrate any night of the week! Starting in south Carson City, Bodines Restaurant serves Prime Rib daily from 4 p.m. Moving south to Minden, Katie's Prime Rib comes out daily from 4 to 10 p.m. And two short miles further south in Gardnerville you can sink your teeth into Prime Rib at Sharkey's Jackpot Cafe seven days a week starting at 11 a.m. But wait, there's more: On Friday's and Saturday's both Bodines and Sharkey's offer a Prime Rib and Lobster Special . . . and on Saturdays, CV Steak jumps in with a Garlic Studded Prime Rib Special.
Friday and Saturday in the Casino: You almost have to buy a program to keep track of everything that’s going on around here this coming Friday and Saturday. We’ll save you the three bucks with this synopsis:
- Friday in the Casino (be sure to get all this): Our 6th Anniversary cash drawings will be held at 11 a.m. 2 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sandwiched in between will be the final drawings in our Spin to Win promotion at 6 and 8 p.m. when we’ll be giving away the lion’s share of $10,000 going out between the CVI and Bodines. Free anniversary T-shirts will be distributed randomly throughout the day and we'll be serving free cake and champagne in the casino from noon to 1 p.m. and again from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday in the Casino: if you’re not outside at the Food Truck Festival, be sure to use your INN Club card ‘cause it’s 5X Points all day Saturday!
Moving Outside, Don't Stop Believin’ – in Food, Fun and Journey!
If you spent time living in cities in the 70's and 80's, the "roach coach" was a downtown fixture. Vehicles serving hot dogs, gyros, tacos and the like parked on the street during lunch hours for workers and students in a hurry to get lunch on the cheap. These days, those food trucks are where you can find some of the best, most creative, and freshest cuisine anywhere. And we take this verbal trip down a gastronomic memory lane to remind you that some of those outstanding portable restaurants will be at our Food Truck Festival and Anniversary Jam in and near TJ’s Corral this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Also in the mix are free live entertainment with favorite Justin Lee & a tribute to legendary Journey by Journey Revisited! Cold beverages will be for sale . .. and free ice cream and activities will be available for the kids.
Our thanks to Bill Chernock at the Carson Valley Chamber for originally penning some of the above words in promoting our Saturday event.
|It will be raining Cash in May and June at the CVI|
Poker Room Musings: Dean and DJ from the Poker Room stopped by yesterday to share that another “high hand of the hour spins the wheel” day has been added on Mondays from 4 to 7 p.m. based on the previous hour’s high hand. The crew has also added another Crazy Pineapple Tournament on Saturdays at 5 p.m. On the way out the door, they reminded us this Sunday is the monthly Ladies Only Texas Hold ‘em Tournament starting at 4 p.m. with a $40 buy-in. There is quite a bit going on in our poker room every week and all the details on our featured games, tournaments, promotions and progressive jackpots are at this link.
|The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards|
Added to TJ's Corral Concert Lineup
|The Rye Brothers in the Cabaret Lounge through Saturday Night|
Stew Remembers Merle Haggard: Tim Parsons and crew at Tahoe Onstage do a great job of covering northern Nevada entertainment including the special entertainment at the Carson Valley Inn and the Concerts in TJ’s Corral. Tim checks in with us regularly and he came down earlier this month to catch Stew Stewart on the night he bid his musical farewell to Merle Haggard. Tim posted this story on his web site and we think it is well worth a read!
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- A Quick Rambling of Reminders: Mother’s Day Dinner Specials in Katie’s and CV Steak are served in addition to regular menu items. $3 Craps is back on Thursdays in the Pit. The Genoa Cowboy Festival is this weekend. If you still have an INN Club Card with a red border be sure to stop at Guest Services and trade it in for your new Blue Bordered INN Club Card. You’ll also need to reset or change your PIN number. Your point balance remains the same, all the benefits remain the same, you just need a new card!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, the NBA Playoffs, the NHL Playoffs and Sunday's NASCAR GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. What about the likelihood of the Forty Niners trading for the #1 or #2 Draft Picks at the last minute? Sorry, no bets taken on anything to do with the NFL Draft.
- Veal Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is a Grilled Veal “Porterhouse” Chop, marinated with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, wine and apple cider, fire grilled and finished with a wild mushroom cream sauce for $32.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!