He Made Us A Fish Sandwich We Couldn’t Refuse! “He” is The Codfather, just one of the Food Trucks scheduled for our Food Truck Festival and Anniversary Jam on Saturday, April 30 in and around TJ’s Corral! We’re celebrating 6 great years under Mike Pegram for the Carson Valley Inn and the 1-Year Anniversary of Mike reopening the defunct Sharkey’s Casino. The Saturday festivities run from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and the Food Trucks are just
beginning. You’ll also enjoy free live entertainment featuring Justin Lee and Journey Revisited, a Journey
Tribute Band; free games, activities and snacks for the kids; and plenty of
cold beer and other beverages for sale. We also have drawings and other events on Friday at CV and Sunday at Sharkey's - more about that next week . . for now, back to food: The full list of Food
Trucks so far includes Bodawgs Custom Hot Dogs, Bubba Bob's Root Beer, The
Codfather, Nevada Nosh Food Truck, St.Lawrence Pizza, Shanghai Express,Tahoe Tenderloins, and Winey Munkies Private Label.
|"He made us a fish sandwich |
we couldn't refuse."
|Lacy Sold Out, don't miss out on |
tickets to Granger Smith or Frankie Ballard.
We hinted it was getting close last week and the Lacy J. Dalton Concert in the Valley Ballroom on this Friday has SOLD OUT! Thanks for your support! If you miss Lacy this week, you might want to mark Saturday, August 22 on your calendar . . . Lacy is planning an American Legends and Wild Horses event for that date at the 5 Clover Ranch just up the valley from the Carson Valley Inn.
|Frankie Ballard Concert Tickets|
are on Sale Now!
Tickets are available now for the Granger Smith Concert in TJ’s Corral on Saturday,May 28 and the Frankie Ballard Concert on Thursday, June 2. You can buy tickets on our web site or at the hotel desk. Here’s a handy link to our 2016 Concert Lineup as we have it set so far. Check back for ticket availability and additions.
We’re down to just a handful of packages left for the Genoa Cowboy Festival Weekend on April 29 – May 1: Two tickets to both the Friday and Saturday night concerts with Premium Level Seats plus two nights at the Carson Valley Inn for a special package price of $279! The details are at this link and our allotment of rooms and tickets is almost gone.
Are We Still The Best? The Carson Valley Inn was voted Best Casino in Nevada outside of the Reno and Las Vegas areas for 2014 and 2015 by readers of Nevada Magazine. Voting is open for the 2016 recognitions so give us a nod, if you feel so inclined, in the Best Casino, Best Hotel, and Best Restaurant (CV Steak!) categories at this page.
Smoked Barbecued Beef Brisket has been added to the Katie’s Specials list for Fridays and Saturdays in April . . . served with baked beans, potato salad, biscuit and soup or salad for $9.99. This special joins the popular Charbroiled Salmon to provide two $9.99 choices every Friday and Saturday in Katie's from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Katie’s features a different special every day and the full lineup for the week can be found at this link.
Patrick Major is here tonight, The Nighthawks perform Thursday, The John Dawson Band takes the stage Friday and Saturday and George Pickard performs Sunday through Wednesday. The Nighthawks, is a local (Gardnerville/Wellington) country and rock band specializing in popular dance tunes from the 60's and 70's covering artists from Alan Jackson to ZZ Top. The John Dawson Band is a Reno based quintet who entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet The Masters, Major League Baseball, Horseracing, NBA Basketball, NHL, Saturday’s Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley fight in Las Vegas and Saturday’s NASCAR Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Blackjack Tournament: Our monthly Blackjack Tournament is Tuesday in the pit area. Signups open at 5 p.m. and tournament play starts at 6 p.m. Just a $25 entry fee puts you in action and all the entry fees and any rebuys make up the prize pot which is paid to the top three finishers. A good opportunity to parlay $25 into a few hundred bucks! Any of the dealers can fill you in on how it all works.
- Duck Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Duck Breast for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Because We Feel Like Mentioning It
|The annual kick-off to the |
Carson Valley golf season!
- Sunday is Golfer’s Day. That’s a big deal around here because we welcome over 100 different golf groups each season and the participants play thousands of rounds of golf on our area courses. The official kickoff to the 2016 season is coming up the last weekend in April when our Annual Spring Stag is in house. There are still a few openings if you are interested! If you are part of a group of golfers one of our Group Golf Packages may make for the perfect Golf Getaway to the Carson Valley! Call Greg at 775-783-6615 for all the info!
- Tuesday is Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day. Go from mild to hot pretty darn quickly by stopping at Sharkey’s and ordering a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Ghost Pepper Cheese!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!