Tax Relief Drawings Saturday: Turns out that due to an overlap of tax deadlines and Federal/State holidays, the IRS moved the federal income tax filing deadline to Monday, April 18 for 2016. We are traditionalists in some respects so we are marking Saturday, April 16 as Tax Relief Day at the CVI and celebrating with drawings at 2, 4, 6 and 8 pm for a chance to win up to $2,500. How do you enter? We've been e-filing your entries since April 1 based on one entry for each 10 points you've earned. We'll also have hot seat prizes throughout the day for gifts, cash and Freeplay.
Anniversary Jam Weekend, April 29 – May 1
Last week we told you about the Food Truck festival on Saturday, April 30 – that’s just the middle day of a 3-Day Anniversary Jam Weekend coming up at the end of this month. The festivities start with the CVI 6th Anniversary Celebration on Friday, April 29 with Free Cake & Champagne (noon-1pm & 5pm-6pm); Free T-shirts handed out randomly in the casino throughout the day; Cash Drawings at 11am, 2pm, 5pm & 7pm; and $10,000 Grand Prize Giveaway drawings at 6pm & 8pm! Saturday the Food Truck Festival is in the spotlight from 11 am to 7 pm with Food Trucks, Live Entertainment, Cold Beverages and snacks and activities for the kids. Sunday is Sharkey’s Casino 1st Anniversary under the new ownership of Mike Pegram and they will have Free Cake & Champagne (noon-1pm & 4pm-5pm); Free T-shirts handed out randomly in the casino throughout the day; and Cash Drawings at 11am, 1pm, 5pm & 7pm!
|The CV Steak Crew is ready to serve|
you 7 nights a week!
CV Steak Back to 7 Nights!
After a brief winter window of closing on Mondays, CV Steak is back to 7-Nights-A-Week with the $19 Sunset Special served from 4:30 to 5:30 pm on Sunday thru Thursday nights (except holidays and concert nights). We invite you to check out the CV Steak Dinner Menu, Desserts & After Dinner Drinks, Wines by the Bottle & Glass, and the Specialty Martini Menu. Saturday night’s CV Steak special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials and all CV Steak entrees are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Roll Poker Tournament Qualifying Ends Friday: This is all about the Poker Ladder promotion running through May. Poker players are accumulating points with live play and extra points from wheel spins. The top 40 point earners at the end of play this Friday qualify for the $1500 Free Roll Tournament on April 22. There’s more at the end of May and the Poker room crew can give you all the details – or you can start by reading about it at this link. Also in the Poker Room, Fridays from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturdays from 1 to 8 p.m. the high-hand-of-the-hour spins the wheel for points (move up the Ladder faster!), meals, cash and more.
Youth to Benefit from Three Golf Tournaments
The CVI is proud to be participating as a sponsor (of course we are also playing in them) in a few upcoming Golf Tournaments benefiting the youth of our community.
- The China Spring Sandbagger Golf Tournament on Friday, May 6 offers an opportunity to play Edgewood Tahoe and hob-nob with judges, attorneys and other community leaders . . . none of whom can do a darn thing to help your golf game!! Last we heard there were a few individual openings and you can find out more by contacting Tiffany Dubois at 775-265-5350.
- The Fore the Kids Tournament on Saturday, May 14 at the Genoa Lakes Ranch Course offers the opportunity to golf that day with Super Bowl Champion quarterback Jim McMahon or win a golf vacation with Jim and his wife. The weekend event kicks-off (Jim insisted on this term) on Friday, May 13 with a Meet and Greet at the Douglas County Community Center and continues with Saturday’s golf event filled with more extras, surprises, fun and youth organization beneficiaries than just about any you’ve ever experienced. Don’t miss out . . . sign up soon and feel free to call Renea at 775-790-1544.
- Then there’s the infamous Mike Tice Charity Golf Tournament on the third weekend in June benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch. However, we’re running out of room, so more about this one next week!
- And finally on the
subject of golf – and this one is for the adult guys and thus benefiting the
older but young-at-heart crowd: We may have room for a few more players in
Spring Stag the last weekend in April . . . call Greg at
775-783-6615 for availability!
- Tickets are available now for the Granger Smith Concert in TJ’s Corral on Saturday,May 28 and the Frankie Ballard Concert on Thursday, June 2. You can buy tickets on our web site or at the hotel desk. Here’s a handy link to our 2016 Concert Lineup as we have it set so far. Check back for ticket availability and additions.
- We have literally one or two packages left to sell for the Genoa Cowboy Festival Weekend on April 29 – May 1. Includes two tickets to both the Friday and Saturday night concerts with Premium Level Seats plus two nights at the Carson Valley Inn for a special package price of $279! The details are at this link and . . . well, hurry.
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment:
|Stew Stewart will share the songs and his personal |
stories of Merle Haggard at his show this Thursday.
George Pickard is here tonight, Stew Stewart entertains Thursday thru Saturday and Bill Wharton performs Sunday through Wednesday. Stew Stewart, our resident Entertainment Manager, puts on a show with something for everyone . . . country music, blues, oldies, comedy, classic rock, Motown and just plain ol' on-the-spot fun. Stew has appeared at over 100 state and county fairs, many as the opening act for artists such as Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Marie Osmond, Herman's Hermits, The Drifters, The Coasters, Willie Nelson, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, The Oak Ridge Boys and more! On Thursday, Stew, his band and friends will perform some of Merle Haggard’s songs and Stew will share a few stories of time he spend working with Merle. Bill Wharton has a vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, the last few games of the NBA regular season (today), the NBA Playoffs (start this weekend), the NHL Playoffs starting today, Saturday’s Teixeira-Evans UFC fight in Las Vegas and Sunday's NASCAR Food City 500 at the Bristol Motor Speedway.
- 7 brand name nail bottles in mixed colors in a clear Elizabeth Arden button tote bag. Bath and Body Baskets from Amazon.
Because We Feel Like Mentioning It
- Today is Scrabble Day (the board game). If you are on the anti-inflammatory drug oxyphenbutazone you are probably already aware this is a 1760 point word! Go ahead, click on the drug name and see how it's done!
- Friday is Take a Wild Guess Day. Before clicking on the link, try guessing why this day was "invented!"
- Saturday is Eggs Benedict Day. Nice to have this fall on a Saturday this year because every Saturday we offer a $5.99 Eggs Benedict special in Katie's from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. And if you're still thinking about the 1760-point Scrabble word, here's a more-pronounceable 20-point word describing what happens when you play in the casino on Saturdays in April: You quintuple (5X) your INN Club points!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!