Super Bowl 1994 Halftime Show
Ties to TJ's Corral!
Ties to TJ's Corral!
The 1994 Super Bowl halftime show was called a "Rockin' Country Sunday" and, get this, the show featured 4 names who would all appear in TJ’s Corral over 20 years later: Clint Black, Tanya Tucker, Travis Tritt and Wynonna Judd - with a special appearance by Naomi Judd for the finale. The show included dancers with yard-long light sticks and it was the first Super Bowl halftime show in which the main stadium lights were turned off for the performance. Fast forward 20+ years: Tanya appeared in TJ’s Corral in 2015, Wynonna opened the 2017 TJ’s concert season and both Travis (June 1) and Clint (June 29) are performing at TJ’s this year!
Our full 2018 Concert Lineup includes The Righteous Brothers: Bill Medley & Bucky Heard on Friday, May 25; Travis Tritt on Friday, June 1; Granger Smith on Saturday, June 16; Clint Black on Friday, June 29; Ted Nugent on Wednesday, July 4, Trace Adkins on Saturday, July 14; and Creedence Clearwater Revisited on Sunday, August 12.
Your best and fastest bet for purchasing tickets for any TJ’s Corral concert is through our website which allows you to see the seating layout map and pick your seat(s) for one or more concerts in one transaction. You can also purchase tickets in person at our Hotel Desk. Important Note: A few of these concerts are selling through fast – please don’t miss out.
The 1994 Super Bowl game itself? The Dallas Cowboys handed the Buffalo Bills their fourth consecutive Super Bowl loss, 30 – 13.
Mike Tice Event – For the Kids!
The 8th Annual Mike Tice “For the Kids” charity weekend is quickly approaching and both Coach Tice and the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada are inviting the community to get more involved this year. Since all money raised by this event is matched by CVI owner Mike Pegram for the benefit of the Boys and Girls Club Carson Valley Branch, the more involvement, the more benefit to the kids! The weekend kicks off with the Carson Valley Music and Brew Fest on Friday, June 15 from 4 to 10 PM in TJ’s Corral and tickets are only $25. Saturday, June 16 is the Granger Smith Concert at 8 PM with tickets starting at $29. Sunday brings the Charity Golf Tournament at Genoa Lakes Golf Club followed by an evening BBQ Dinner with cocktails, live music and a live auction in TJ’s Corral. We’re looking for some additional generous sponsors and participants and all the details are on the MikeTiceForTheKids website!
Gentlemen, Act Now!
Holiday plans are always much better received and appreciated (and more points scored) when the husband, boyfriend or father thinks it through, makes the dining arrangements, and takes the burden off of the wife, girlfriend, or mother. So, gentlemen, this is a friendly reminder that Mother’s Day is only two weeks from this coming Sunday. To help you make your plans, here’s a quick recap of the dining options for Mother’s Day at the Carson Valley Inn – and two of these events are enhanced by advance reservations:
- Champagne Brunch in the Valley Ballroom: Enjoy a variety of upscale buffet entrees from Seafood Crepes to Steak Diane, Smoked Salmon to Oysters on the Half Shell, a Made-To-Order Omelet Station, Carving Station, Dessert Station and an assortment of additional breakfast and lunch accompaniments. Check out the menu and make your reservations now by calling our special Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch reservations line at 775-783-7768.
- Dinner Specials in CV Steak: Join us for Mother’s Day Dinner starting at 4:30 PM with the regular CV Steak menu offerings plus two Mother’s Day Specials, Beef Wellington or Seafood Bordelaise. Details on the specials are on this page and reservations are strongly suggested at 775-783-6650. The Sunset Special will not be served on Mother's Day.
- Mother’s Day Specials in Katie’s: In addition to all regular menu items on Mother’s Day, Katie’s is also serving a Seafood Omelet from 7 to 11 AM and Grilled Salmon Oscar from 11 AM until 9 PM. Get the details on this page.
- Mother’s Day Weekend Hotel Package: join us for two nights over Mother’s Day Weekend and receive $80 in Dining Credit for use in CV Steak, Katie’s or the Valley Ballroom Champagne Brunch. Get all the details on our website and be sure to book the Mother’s Day Package.
Golf, Prime Rib, Blueberry Pie
and a Big Thank You!
and a Big Thank You!
|The Northern Nevada 2108 Golf Season |
is Officially Teed Up!
- Today is Golf Day – not to be confused with Golfer's Day which was earlier this month. Quite fitting, we say, as the first participants in this weekend’s CVI Spring Stag Golf Outing arrive today, the weather has been changing to golfer-friendly, the fairways and greens are that bright spring green and the northern Nevada golf season is teed up and ready to roll! We’ve already hosted our first half dozen of what will be almost 100 golf visits this year by groups from as few as 8 to over 100. Plan you group’s visit by contacting Greg today either by email or call him at 775-783-6615.
- Thursday is Thank You Thursday. Thank You to all of our guests who stay in the hotel, motor lodge and RV Park; to all who patronize or restaurants; to those who play in the casino; and to the many who participate in meetings and banquets in our convention center. We appreciate your business!
- Friday is Prime Rib Day. We’ve got you well covered on this one as the Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM. If you can wait another day, Saturday night’s special in CV Steak is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 – served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Saturday is Blueberry Pie Day. No need to wait . . . We have mini blueberry pies available every day in the Katie’s Bakery case!
- Monday is Oatmeal Cookie Day. Again, our oatmeal raisin cookies and our oatmeal lemon bars are also available every day in the Katie’s Bakery case!
In the Casino
|Hayley Rockin' One of the |
Free Tote Bags
for the First 150 Ladies Tonight!
- Hot Seats Wednesday: Use your Inn Club card while playing in the casino and qualify for our hot seat drawings from 11 AM to 4 PM . . . win up to $500!
- Free Bingo Thursday: Free bingo game on the hour from 11 AM to 7 PM with cash and free play prizes. Be sure to use your Inn Club card while playing in the casino to qualify.
- 8th Anniversary Cash & FreePlay Grand Prize Drawings Friday & Saturday: Join us at 6 & 8 PM for drawings for cash and freeplay (guaranteed $2,500 each night) as we wind up our 8th Anniversary celebration! You automatically receive one free entry into these drawings for every five base points you earned during April . . . so stop by ‘cause you can’t win if you aren’t here!
- 5X Points Saturday: Inn Club members earn 5X Points this Saturday which translates to five times the build-up of comp value!
- Free T-Shirt Sunday: Last chance to receive a Free CVI logo T-Shirt when earning 50 base points on the same day - plus you keep the points!
- Free Gift Mondays: Final day of the April Free Gift with a To-Go Theme for INN Club members earning just 100 base points the same day . . . You get the gift plus keep the points!
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, The NHL and NBA Playoffs, Horse Racing (Kentucky Derby this Saturday!) and the NASCAR GEICO 500. Futures on the board include the FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships and the 2019 Super Bowl!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Grilled Elk Medallions finished with a brandy cherry demi and sundried cherries for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Tim Snider tonight, The Kid and Nic Show Thursday through Saturday, Rock River Sunday and Monday and Denver Saunders Tuesday and Wednesday. Tim Snider not only plays violin but loops guitar, percussion, and vocals into a sound that has been described as a “world-folk hybrid, aimed at the heart, the head and the feet.” The Kid and Nic Show keeps the crowd dancing, singing and laughing a long as they perform pop, rock, dance, oldies, current and classic country, 80's hits, Latin, funk, swing, blues, jazz and reggae. The show also features some fun "theme" medleys of songs from movies such as Grease, The Blues Brothers and Animal House. Rock River is Buddy and Kim from the Buddy Emmer Blues Band presenting an evening of blues and other music! Denver Saunders gives you a chance to dance, laugh and sing-along to this inspiring vocalist/guitarist who is a mainstay with the band Well Dressed Mannequins!
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!