Holidays on Display in Our Valley Ballroom Next 3 Days
Thanksgiving, fall and Christmas items will be featured at the A Touch of Class Craft Show in the Valley Ballroom this Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10 AM to 8 PM each day. According to the event producer Sue Bennet, “All items are handmade, admission is free and we’ll have hourly door prizes.” Items for sale include Christmas ornaments, jewelry, wreaths, kitchen accessories, handwoven scarves, Western art, baby & children's gifts, hand knit items, pottery, stocking stuffers, bird feeders, cut glass, soaps, hand painted items, stuffed animals, potpourri and much more. A portion of the proceeds from this event go to the Carson Valley Community Food Closet this year. For information go to the event’s web page.
Join the Never-A-Dull-Moment Casino World
Sometimes we sit around pondering some of the things we see or hear at our properties and marvel at how many "just when we thought we've seen everything" experiences we have. And before you judge, most of the time it's really good, heartwarming, humorous or entertaining. We'd like to promise you working at one of our properties promises never a dull moment, but no job (at least in our area) can make that guarantee. On the other hand, there's always something new to learn, experience or contribute in the casino business so why not consider being part of this scene. If you're in the Carson City area, come to the job fair today (2 to 7 PM) and Thursday (9 AM to 2 PM) at Slot World on Hwy 50 East where we are hiring for most positions at that location and some at Bodines Casino. If you're more interested in a position in the Carson Valley, check our web site for these openings at the Carson Valley Inn and Sharkey's Casino.
Last Week of the Month Brings . . .
We wrap up our October casino promotions this week so be sure to check for the details on the following in the In the Casino section below: tonight’s drawings for a Free $500 Shopping Spree at ladies night, Cash and Free Play Giveaway Grand Prize Drawings Saturday, October Mystery Multiplier Scratch Drawings Sunday and a special 5X Points Multiplier Tuesday. And be sure to check next Wednesday’s Blog (November 1) for news on our November casino promotions, Thanksgiving Dining at the Inn, our annual Veteran’s Day Spaghetti Feed Luncheon and more.
Pasta, Chocolate and More
|CV Steak Molten Lava Kahlua Cake |
dressed up like a Chocolate Mousse for Halloween
- Today is World Pasta Day. Works out pretty good for us because all three of the $6.99 Italian Specials in Katie's tonight happen to include pasta! Or, slip into CV Steak where our pasta entrées include Mushroom Ravioli (also available as an appetizer portion), Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Seafood Linguine and Spaghetti Pomodoro.
- Friday is Cranky Coworkers Day. Our approach? Just give 'em a wider berth today (quick, duck around the corner, here comes one now!) and don’t give them any of your chocolate.
- Saturday is National Chocolate Day (saw that coming, huh!) Last we counted there are over a dozen chocolate options between the desserts in Katie's and CV Steak and the offerings in Job's Perk. Our favorite? It’s a coin toss between the Molten Lava Kahlua Cake in CV Steak or a Mini Chocolate Cream Pie from the Katie’s Bakery Counter . . . or maybe the CV Steak Chocolate Mousse . . . or a couple of the Chocolate Brownies from Katie’s and large glass of milk . . darn, we just gained 7 pounds thinking about it!
- Sunday is National Oatmeal Day. Sure we serve hot oatmeal in Katie's but we think it would be hypocritical to even mention it considering all the chocolate desserts we just covered. So, we’ll bail out by reminding you that we also sell Oatmeal Cookies at the Katie’s Bakery Counter.
To the Skies One More Time
One last look at the Aviation Roundup that filled our Valley’s skies earlier this month in this “how’d they get some of those shots?!” video assembled by Visit Carson Valley – Sound On!
Football and Other Sports Info
- Our Guys Picks: Each of our “professional” (check their records!) sports prognosticators went 1 & 1 last week. It could have been better, it could have been worse. This week Greg (5 & 9 overall) loves the Arizona Wildcats +3 against Washington St. and the Jets +4 versus the Falcons. Mike (8 & 6) is also going with two dogs, Penn State at + 6½ against Ohio State and TCU at -6½ visiting Iowa State. Alan (7 & 7) likes two favorites, the Eagles at +13 against the Niners and USC at -3 vs. Arizona State.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all televised Pro and College football games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order right to your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $3,320 this week. Cards are just $5 each!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – we start with $160 each week and add in any unclaimed prizes from the previous week. Last week all four prizes went unclaimed (gotta be here on Monday to win) so we’re giving away $80 for each of the first three quarters and the final score . . . earn entries during live poker games ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on the World Series, Pro and College Football, NHL Hockey, NBA Basketball, Horse Racing and the NASCAR First Data 500 at the Martinsville Speedway this Sunday. Some of the futures on the board include winners for the 2017 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship and 2018 NHL Stanley Cup.
- Sports tickets can be cashed-in at Guest Services when the Sports Book is closed. Horse Race tickets can be cashed only when the Race and Sports Book is open. Winning sports bets placed at any of our three casinos (CVI, Bodines and Sharkey’s) can be cashed at any of the three locations.
Patrick Major tonight, Buddy Emmer Band Thursday - Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and Chris Twomey Tuesday and Wednesday. Patrick Major has his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. The Buddy Emmer Band is a longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit. The group’s versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! Chris Twomey’s roots are deep into a genre of folk-rock. From 2Me to The Diva Kings to Dad's LPs to whatever is next!
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM!
- Friday Giveaway Drawings: Join us at 5, 7 & 9 PM for up to $10,000 in Cash and Free Play!
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s five times the benefits for your play all day this Saturday.
- 6 & 8 PM in the finale of our October casino promotion.
- Scratcher Drawings Sunday: the drawings are at 6 and 8 PM and this one’s for the many local Inn Club members who received an October mailer with Mystery Multiplier Scratchers. Be sure to use your Inn Club card whenever you play in the casino and you might just be on the list for future monthly mailers.
- 5X Points for Halloween: Another chance to scare up five times the benefits for your play all day on Tuesday – and keep an eye out ‘cause there’s no telling how some of our fellow employees might be cleverly costumed on Halloween!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions; two 3 oz. elk tenderloin medallions grilled and finished with a brandy demi and sundried cherries for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!