Aviation Roundup This Weekend
Looks like we’re in for perfect weather for the Aviation Roundup this Saturday and Sunday at the Minden Tahoe airport. Plenty of free parking will be available with nine buses of varying sizes shuttling guests between the parking areas and the airshow gates. Over 80 vendors and static displays will provide plenty to see and experience. Some of the acts are low-flying and only visible if you’re up close . . . and the whole regalia of the Thunderbirds prior to takeoff is a show in itself which can only be viewed from the airport. Think about what it costs to take a family of four to Disneyland or a major league baseball game. The parking and tickets alone can set you back hundreds of dollars. The Aviation Roundup? Parking is free and a family of four with two adults and two teenagers is just $50 all in – even less if you buy your tickets online in advance (tickets also available at the gate). And our final thought to anyone who might be annoyed by the sounds of jets roaring around the Valley over the next few days: just keep in mind that those are the sounds of freedom!
|Watch Out Here They Come|
Bunko for Breast Cancer Sold Out, But . . .
While the Bunko for Breast Cancer event here at the CVI on October 14 is Sold Out, you can still help make a difference. Please consider donating an item or service to be auctioned during the evening by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also make a monetary donation online at www.carsontahoe.com/bunko. 100% of all funds raised at this event are donated to Carson Tahoe Cancer Resource Center enabling them to sponsor the Casting for Recovery Program as well as purchase mastectomy camisoles, wigs and many other medical needs.
Food and Drink Stuff
|Beef Tacos Basket and Fish Tacos Plate|
- Today is Vodka Day. We definitely don’t have a shortage of choices here at the CVI bars – over 10 different vodkas last time we checked. The most popular? Depends which of our bartenders you ask. Some say Grey Goose, some say Absolute and some say it's Tito’s. In the process we did learn that both Tito’s and Smirnoff vodka are gluten-free (just thought we’d pass that along!) And if you get a group of friends together and consume a whole bottle of vodka, don’t throw that bottle away . . . use it in a creative way to celebrate Ship in a Bottle Day, also today!
- Today is also National Taco Day and we have a couple of different ways you can mark the occasion at the CVI. In Katie’s, we serve our Fish Tacos Plate with two softshell tacos, tangy slaw, rice and refried beans for just $7.99. And if you’re in the Cabaret Lounge, ask the bartender to order you one of our Two Beef Tacos Bar Bites for just $3.99.
- Monday is Beer and Pizza
Day. While this combination is equally enjoyable any day of the
week, here’s a way to make it even more attractive: every Friday and Saturday
from 8:30 PM to midnight at Bodines Casino, small pizzas are just $5 and
pitchers of beer are just $5. Add ‘em together and you have the perfect $10 celebration
of pizza and beer! And remember, all Bodines pizzas are hand tossed, made to
order, and cooked in Bodines’ special high-heat pizza oven!
Pizza & Beer Day is Monday
Football and Other Sports Info
- Our Guys Picks: Greg gave us two winners last week and looks to keep rolling with Hawaii –3½ at UNR and the LA Rams –1½ versus the Seahawks. Alan will take the Packers +2 at the Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles –6 ½ versus the Cardinals. Mike’s “Play of the Century” is the Maryland Terps getting 31 points at Ohio State. He will also take the Jets to beat the Browns as a pick’em game.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $2,994 this week. Cards are just $5 each!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – we start with $160 each week and add in any unclaimed prizes from the previous week. This coming Monday it’s $70 for each of the first three quarters and the final score . . . earn entries during live poker games ‘til all 100 squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: We are taking action on the Major League Baseball Playoffs, Horse Racing, NFL and College Football, NHL Hockey and the NASCAR Bank of America 500 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway this Sunday. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series, 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship and 2108 NHL Stanley Cup.
- Sports tickets can be cashed-in at Guest Services when the Sports Book is closed. Horse Race tickets can be cashed only when the Race and Sports Book is open. Winning sports bets placed at any of our three casinos (CVI, Bodines and Sharkey’s) can be cashed at any of the three locations.
|Whiskey Maiden in the Cabaret Lounge This Weekend|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
The Novelists tonight, Whiskey Maiden Thursday through Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and Denver Saunders, Tuesday and Wednesday. The Novelists acoustic duo provides cliffhanger storytelling, dual lead singing personalities and their signature harmonies. Whiskey Maiden is a premiere country/rock/pop act featuring modern music, high energy performance & nonstop, dance-floor-filling song selections. The members are highly skilled musicians who have performed with the likes of Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Neil McCoy, Hootie & the Blowfish, Edwin McCain & many more national & international artists. Inspiring vocalist/guitarist Denver Saunders provides an evening of laughing, dancing and singing along!
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM Thursdays through October!
- Friday Giveaway Drawings: Join us at 5, 7 & 9 PM for up to $10,000 in Cash and Free Play!
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s five times the benefits for your play all day this Saturday.
- Tuesday Monthly Blackjack Tournament: Our “Second Tuesday of the Month” Blackjack tournaments feature just a $25 buy-in with all entry fees and rebuys paid back out in prize money. Signups start at 5 and tournament play starts at 6. We had quite the lively tournament last month with $1,675 in total prize money paid $840.00 to Richard L for first, $500 to Richard R. for second and $335 to Gary C. for third.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Thursday Katie's brings back the Pork Loin Plate Special for $5.99 every Thursday during October.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack of Venison with Cherry Brandy Demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!