$20,000 Guaranteed Cash and FreePlay This Weekend: Our $80,000 Cash and FreePlay promotion finale is this weekend and we are guaranteeing to give away $20,000 in Cash and FreePlay between the Carson Valley Inn (Friday night) and Bodines Casino (Saturday). Drawings are at 6 and 8 p.m. and there's still time to "get in" – check at the Guest Services counter at either casino. By now you know we don't let a month go by without some type of generous promotion and giveaway so here's a peek at what's on tap for September: we're giving away Two Free Harleys and $25,000 in Cash and Free Play and we'll have all the information in next Wednesday's blog!
Blood Drive Tuesday: For a number of reasons, we no longer have events in our West parking lot between the Carson Valley Inn and the Carson Valley Market. Two exceptions are the Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive (mark your calendar for Friday, December 11) and 3 or 4 blood drives each year put on by United Blood Services. You may have noticed that these Blood Drives are often right before a holiday to ensure adequate supplies when vehicular traffic (and the likelihood of more accidents) is at its highest. So, before Labor Day Weekend arrives, the next Blood Drive is this coming Tuesday, September 1 from noon to 6 p.m. To make an appointment to give blood, call 800-696-4484 or visit www.bloodhero.com and enter the code N1HRH.
On the Outdoor Entertainment Front:
- Austinpalooza: Sure we'll have four bands providing continuous live music from 5 to 10 PM: Miki Rae (Indie Pop), The Engineered Disaster (Classic Rock), Seymour's Trick Bag (Rock) and Lavish Green (Ska/Reggae). And yes, the bar will be open and we will have food to purchase. But all that aside, your attendance and donation (no tickets will be sold, no coercion) will help support Austin's House which provides emergency shelter and compassionate care for children between the ages of birth to 18 who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. The Austin's House website has more information on their mission. Please join us to help keep this incredible community service going strong!
- Lee Brice Watch this as we connect Lee Brice and football – a fitting website, at our Hotel Desk or by calling 775-783-6606.
- Final 2015 Community Concert This Friday: The Carson Valley Inn is proud to join with the Town of Minden as major sponsors of the Douglas County Parks & Recreation Department 2015 GE Family Concert Series. The final concert is this Friday in Minden Park starting at 6 PM featuring country artist Shane Dwight. Our thanks to all of the other sponsors who make this free concert series possible every year. Small town America at its finest!
A Wrap-Up from Last Week
- The Carson Valley Aviation Roundup was an incredible success as measured by attendance
Thunderbirds 1-6 Over Lake Tahoe Last Sunday
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! Steve Lord performs tonight, The Markleevillians are here tomorrow night, our own Stew "The Turtle" Stewart and his band entertain Friday and Saturday nights and Jonathon "JB" Barton returns Sunday through Wednesday. A man of a thousand songs, Steve Lord brings a varied mix of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. The Markleevillians present an evening of rock and blues starting with the mellow and spooling up as the night goes on. Stew Stewart is always a crowd favorite with his spontaneity, wit and ability to connect to the audience. A Stew Stewart show has something for everyone . . . country music, blues, oldies, comedy, classic rock, Motown and just plain ol' on-the-spot fun! Jonathan Barton's love for a variety of musical styles is apparent in his selection of favorites from Van Morrison, CCR, Hank Williams, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Eagles and many more.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Mike's Horses: Air Pocket won the third race at Del Mar last Saturday.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive a free gift and coupon for tonight's ladies-only drink special. There are also ladies-only raffles and hot seat drawings for Wine Country Gift Baskets.
- Our Ladies-only Poker Tournament is this Sunday at 4 p.m. with free lessons for the ladies at 3 p.m. More information on all the poker promotions, tournaments and special games is available at this link.
- Lamb Shank Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Braised Lamb Shank with pearl barley risotto for $28, Saturday's is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Race and Sports Book: You can watch and bet Horseracing, Major League Baseball games, Pre-Season NFL Football and this Sunday's NASCAR Bojangles Southern 500 Race. We're also taking futures bets to win most professional and collegiate championships AND . . . the line's are up for most of the opening weekend College Football Games which start on Thursday, September 3.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It: Tuesday is National Marshmallow Toasting Day. Obviously there could be no other reason for pointing this out other than we just felt like mentioning it!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!