|Kim and Julie at Odds Over Sunday's Game|
- Kim and Julie (pictured above) agree on just about everything. Even after Kim recently transferred to Bodines Casino, they remain great friends, share a lot of interests and do a lot of things together. However, when it comes to football, they couldn't be in a more conflicted position this weekend: Julie is an avid 49er fan with plenty of Niner memorabilia and an excitement for seeing their resurgence culminate in a championship. Kim is a die-hard Chiefs fan and also has a whole bunch of KC garb to prove it. The three things on which they do agree for this Sunday: they both think it will be a good game, the winning team will definitely have red in their colors and whoever wins, their friendship will survive!
- The winner(s) of our Pro Pick’em $5,116 Progressive Jackpot will be determined this Sunday!! The special $5 Pro Pick’em Parlay Card is available now at CVI, Bodines, SlotWorld and Sharkey's. There are 15 prop bets to pick, all related to this Sunday's 49ers – Chiefs game. We’ve made ‘em easy as a half-dozen of the props can end in “ties” which results in both sides of the pick being marked correct! Whoever picks the most wins the Progressive Jackpot! Any ties will be split. Play as many cards as you like – there's no limit! Please, hang on to your tickets. We'll know by Tuesday morning which ticket(s) had the most correct picks. However, we won't know who bought the ticket(s) so it's up to you to come in and claim your prize. We don't have a way of finding you and chasing you down. Good luck!
- Super Sunday in the Casino: We’ll have the game on the Cabaret Big Screen and on most of the TVs in the Casino, Cabaret Bar, CV Steak Bar and Poker Room. $2 Coors & Coors Light Drafts will be served during the game, Bar Snacks delivered to your seat and Hot Seat Cash Giveaways after the game with the chance to win up to $1,000!
- Seasonal Wagers on board this week include The Super Bowl, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey, the Daytona 500 on February 16 and Horse Racing.
- Futures Bets on the board include:The 2020 Masters, 2020 NCAA College Basketball, 2020 NBA Championship, 2020 Stanley Cup, 2020 World Series and 2020 NASCAR Championship.
Katie’s Kitchen Update
and Valley Ballroom Buffet
and Valley Ballroom Buffet
The replacing of all the “line” equipment in Katie’s kitchen is progressing rapidly and we expect to be finished and have Katie’s reopened sometime Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. Meanwhile the daily buffets in the Valley Ballroom will continue until Katie’s reopens. Also, until Katie's reopens we are not offering “to-go” orders or Bar Snacks and the Bakery Counter is temporarily closed. Thanks for your patience - we're almost finished.
Tanya Garners Two Grammy Awards!
A big huge Carson Valley Inn Congratulations goes out to Country Music Legend Tanya Tucker for winning two Grammy Awards this past Sunday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Tanya won Best Country Song of the Year for “Bring My Flowers Now” and Best Country Album of the Year for “While I’m Livin’.” We are super excited to tell her congratulations in person when the CMT Next Women of Country Tour featuring Tanya Tucker and special guest Aubrie Sellers hits TJ’s Corral on Saturday June 6! Tickets start at $45 and are on sale now here. You can also stop by or call (775-783-6606) our hotel registration desk. Also on sale are tickets for the Charlie Daniels Band concert in TJ's on Friday, June 26.
$6250 is guaranteed to be given away this Friday between 6 and 8 PM in the first half finale of our January/February Polar Plunge Promotion. The Polar Plunge continues through February with Drawings and Hot Seats every Friday and Saturday from 6 to 8 PM for a chance to "break the ice" to win up to $1,000. And there’s another $6,250 guaranteed on February 29! Also continuing in February are Point Parties on Sundays, Rollin' for Cash on Mondays, Ladies Nights on Wednesdays and 4X Points all day Fridays,
Poker Tournament of Champions Returns
Qualifying for our poker room's April Tournament of Champions starts this Saturday! Simply win one of the February or March Daily Shootouts held at noon every Tuesday through Sunday and you are automatically in for the $500 Tournament of Champions on Monday, April 6! That's 51 opportunities to grab a seat at the table! The crew in the poker room will be glad to tell you more about this tournament and the many other promotions, special games and other poker room shenanigans.
- Thursday is the deadline to grab tickets for this Saturday's Ducks Unlimited Dinner in our Valley Ballroom.
- Valentine's Day is just two weeks away – don't miss out on our February 14 Valentine's Day Room and Dining Package.
- And here's a quick link to more information on our Mother's Day Weekend Package.
- Starting to gather information for your 2019 tax return? We can help with a Win-Loss Report on your activity using your card in any of our four casinos: CVI, Sharkey's, Bodines and SlotWorld.
- Have friends coming from out of town? Here's more info on our Lodging Choices and Amenities.
- Ladies’ Night Wednesday: Ladies’ Night fun from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a Free Jar Lid Opener and a Free Guitar-Shaped Box of Mints for the first 150 ladies (100 with FreePlay), Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, free Bingo Games, free Raffles and a Drink Special.
- Polar Plunge $6,250 Guaranteed Friday: 6 to 8 PM – see the story above.
- Polar Plunge Drawings and Board Game Saturday: The drawings take place between 6 and 8 PM for cash and FreePlay prizes and chances to play our Polar Plunge board game to "break the ice" for up to $1000!
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 8 PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday in January.
- Rollin’ for Cash Monday: Hot Seat drawings between Noon and 7 PM. All active players using your Inn Club card are “in the pot” for a chance to win up to $500!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials This Week:
- Wednesday: CVI Smoked Chicken Legs served with jalapeno corn bread, mashed potatoes, bacon baked beans & BBQ from 11 AM to 10 PM for $6.99.
- Thursday: Spaghetti & A Giant Meatball with mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, parsley, garlic bread from 11 AM to 10 PM; $6.99.
- Friday and Saturday: Meat Lovers Platter with slow roasted brisket, pulled chicken & smoked sausage plus choice of 2 sides from macaroni salad, baked beans, potato salad or coleslaw. From 11 AM to 10 PM; $13.99.
- Sunday: "Chandler" Chicken Dinner; southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw. From 2 to 10 PM; $7.99.
- Monday: Katie’s Shepherd’s Pie; a one-dish serving of sautéed ground beef with grandma’s brown gravy, peas and carrots. From 11 AM to 10 PM; $5.99
- Tuesday: Pork Chili Verde served with Spanish rice and black beans for $7.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- CV Steak
- Today: Pork Stroganoff, pork tenderloin and a cream sauce of mushroom, Dijon mustard and Sherry wine served with egg noodle pasta.
- Thursday: CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and herb marinated Lamb Chop Steak.
- Friday: Game Tips; Elk tenderloin tips sautéed with mushrooms and Cabernet Demi, served over peppered Pappardelle pasta.
- Saturday: Garlic Studded Prime Rib.
- Sunday: “Oscar Style” Fillet of Salmon with crab and Béarnaise sauce.
Neon Playboys, Thursday thru Saturday: A swinging dance party filled with all your favorite Funk & Soul and Rock & Roll hits from the 70’s and 80’s brought to life by 4 of northern California’s hottest musicians serving all the grooves shaken not stirred. You’ll be drawn to the dance floor by the sounds of everyone from the Commodores and The Bee Gees to Duran Duran and Prince.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.