|Click on the picture to enlarge|
- 38 Special a Big Hit: We sure found out that the sounds of 38 Special are popular with many Carson Valley residents – what an exciting night in TJ's Corral last Thursday as their hits just kept on rockin' and rollin' while the full-house crowd cheered, danced and sang along! Our friends at www.Tahoeonstage.com had a photog and writer on hand and the great review they posted on their website tells it all!
- Moe Bandy & TG Sheppard on Saturday, August 8: if you were a country fan between the
- Austinpalooza on Friday, September 18: Try this on for size . . . . four bands, 5 hours of music and you decide how much to pay! Simply make a donation to Austin's House "at the door" and enjoy the tunes for as long as you like!!
- Lee Brice on Friday, September 18: we're getting close on working out the seating arrangements and ticket details for this highly-anticipated concert. Hopefully we'll be releasing more information in our Wednesday morning blog either next week or the week after.
Let's Party! We mentioned this briefly last week and here are more details on our 31st Birthday Party on August 15: outside in TJ's Corral we'll be offering a free concert by the Davisson Brothers Band. They were so enthusiastically received at their TJ's Corral concert back in June that we are bringing them back and this time it's free! Before the concert we'll have free ice cream, free popcorn, $2 hamburgers, $1.50 hot dogs, $2 soda and water, and $5 beer and wine. Inside the casino that Saturday: 3X Points from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. free cake and champagne from 2 to 3 p.m., free birthday t-shirts handed out randomly throughout the day while they last, and drawings to win up to $5000!
Aviation Roundup Almost Here! The Carson ValleyAviation Roundup is now just three weeks away on Saturday and Sunday, August 22 and 23 at the Minden-Tahoe Airport. Tickets are on sale at aviationroundup.com where you'll also find much more information. Don't miss this rare opportunity to see the USAF Thunderbirds right here in the Carson Valley (still sounds unbelievable, doesn't it!)
Poker Room Brings Back "The Ladder": The Ladder returns to our poker room this Saturday and continues through August and September with drawings for $2,400 in cash during October. We build the ladder based on points earned from live play in the poker room. At the end of September, the top 50 players qualify for the October cash drawings. The crew in the poker room has all the details on this and a myriad of other special and ongoing featured games and promotions! And as a reminder, the monthly Ladies Only Poker Tournament is this Sunday with the action starting at 4 p.m.
Sharkey's Jackpot Café Food News:
- Kids Rule! We've added a new Sharkey's Kid Bites menu for our friends under 10 years of age. Make your selection on the front, then color the picture on the back!
- The new August Weekend Dinner Special at Sharkey's is Prime Rib and Lobster! We serve up an 8 ounce cut of prime rib, a lobster tail, a twice baked potato and your choice of soup or salad all for just $20 from 4 p.m. every Friday and Saturday in August starting this Saturday!
- Sharkey's Bar Bites continue to be a popular quick-grab snack and we're adding a Breakfast Burrito starting this Saturday.
- Sharkey's $7.99 Daily Specials start at 11 a.m. and the August lineup includes Pork Chop on Monday, Meatloaf on Tuesday, Balsamic Chicken Pasta on Wednesday, Beef Stroganoff on Thursday Fish & Chips on Friday and Spaghetti & Meatballs on Sunday.
$99,000 Penny Progressive Jackpot Up for Grabs: Our Penny Progressive Jackpot finally reached its maximum of $99,000. Play continues steadily and someone will win this amount. We'd like to tell you it will be very soon, but we never thought the Jackpot would get over about $70,000 . . . and here it is at $99,000! We just go back to our guarantee: Someone will win this Jackpot here at the Carson Valley Inn as it is not connected to any other machines at any other location.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the final piece in the July condiment set. Also enjoy ladies-only raffles, hot seat drawings, drink specials and more.
- Mike's Horses: Nothing earth shattering to report this week but Mike has more horses running at Del Mar this week and . . . well, who knows!
- Duck Friday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Grilled Duck Breast marinated with fresh herbs and served with fresh vegetable, choice of potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked) and tableside tossed salad all for $28.00. Sundays in CV Steak we feature one pound of King Crab Legs for $32 and that also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Jonny Smokes and his one-man-band act is here tonight, The Kool Shifters Band entertains Thursday thru Saturday nights and Jonathan "JB" Barton takes the stage Sunday through Wednesday.
- Race and Sports Book: You can watch and bet Horseracing, Major League Baseball games, and this weekend's Windows 10 400 NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway. We're also taking futures bets to win most professional and collegiate championships. It was interesting to see the Kansas City Royals move from 5-1 to 4-1 to win the World Series after obtaining Johnny Cueto from Cincinnati in a trade a few days ago.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It: This Thursday is Cheesecake Day and while we always have a cheesecake of the day in Katie's (whole or by the slice), we're clearing the deck in this blog to mention the very best, the Grand Marnier Cheesecake Dessert we serve in CV Steak: A thick slice of New York Cheesecake laced with Grand Marnier liqueur, dipped in chocolate and a dollop of fresh whipped cream!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!