Dwight Yoakam in TJ’s Corral Friday
Thanks to everyone who helped make this Friday’s Dwight Yoakam Concert an early ticket sell-out! Will Call and the Box Office open at 4PM, the gates will open shortly after 7PM and the concert will start at 8PM. Dwight is bringing songwriter and vocalist King Leg as his opening act - an unlikely but winning combination of vintage rock & roll, old-school country, and post-millennial cool! Four nights later Pat Benatar/Neil Giraldo take the stage on Wednesday, July 31 followed in another four nights by Martina McBride on August 4 and then Loverboy on August 9. That’s a pretty good string of four concerts in two weeks and we hope you don’t wait too long on tickets as Dwight’s concert will not be the only one that fills up TJ’s Corral. Tickets and more information for all concerts are available at This Link and be sure to check next week’s blog and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for additional concert news.
What’s The Poop & Scoop on The Moo?
Last week we introduced the Minden Moo – our 35th Birthday event on August 16 & 17 honoring the long heritage and rich history of ranching and agriculture in the Carson Valley! And since then we’ve updated the Minden Moo page on our website. By next Wednesday, we’ll be filling in a lot of the blanks: How to enter the horseshoe tournament and mechanical bull riding contest, what it will take to get into the Justin Lee concert and video recording, what kind of food will be available, etc. So, until then, either ask one of the local cows, keep checking our Minden Moo page or watch for our posts and tweets on Facebook or Twitter.
|Image Courtesy of Conrad Buedel|
Concert Throwback in TJ’s Corral
Looking back on this week in TJ’s Corral over the last five years: 38 Special gave us one of The 20 Best Arena Rock Songs of All Time when they performed Caught Up in You and many of their other hits on July 23, 2015. We “Heard It in a Love Song” – and in other songs, too when The Marshall Tucker Band appeared on July 28, 2017. The Temptations Review (R.I.P Dennis Edwards) brought us “My Girl,” “Just My Imagination,” “ain’t too proud to beg” and many more Motown classics on July 30, 2016.
Perhaps you’re an IT type with network administration experience? Or a cook, chef, security person or food server? These are just some of the positions we are looking to fill right now at the CVI and our sister properties. Check out the openings and use our new easy online application form on this page!
This Week’s Promotions Lineup
- Ladies Night Tonight: The fun runs from 5:30 to 8:30PM including a Free Manicure Sets for the first 150 ladies (over 100 include FreePlay) and Garden Gourmet Baskets as hot seat prizes. The ladies will also enjoy 3 free Bingo Games, 4 free Raffles and a weekly Drink Special!
- Player’s Choice Wednesdays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Hot Seats Thursday: Use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and listen for our Hot Seats drawings from 4 to 8 PM and It's guaranteed Good Times if we call you 'cause you'll win up to $500!
- Point Multiplier Fridays: 5X Points on video reels and 3X Points on video poker, all day.
- Cruise for Two Giveaway Saturday: Join us for drawings between 6 & 7:30PM for Trips, Cash, Airfare and FreePlay.
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 7PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday.
- Player’s Choice Mondays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Walt and the crew added another Futures Bet this week when they posted the odds to win the 2020 Stanley Cup. Additional Futures include the 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2019 World Series, 2020 NCAA Football Championship, 2020 Super Bowl and 2020 NBA Championship.
- Seasonal action on the board includes Major League Baseball, Canadian Football, WNBA Basketball, Sunday’s NASCAR Monster Energy Series Gander RV 400 and Horse Racing.
- How did you do picking The (British) Open? We posted odds on 65 players prior to the start of last weekend’s final 2019 golf Major. Of those, 12 had odds of 25-1 or less. Of those 12, two missed the cut, seven finished outside of the top ten and only three were in the top ten: Brooks Koepka (originally 5/1) tied for fourth; Rickie Fowler (25/1) tied for sixth and Tommy Fleetwood (20/1) finished second. As for tournament winner Shane Lowery? We had him at 60/1 and yes, we did pay one very happy customer!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials: Wednesday is Lasagna and Thursday is a Pork Chop in Ranchero Sauce. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad. Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. from 2 to 10PM. Monday Katie’s features Chicken Piccata . and the Tuesday special is a Burrito Grande, chicken or beef & beans in a flour tortilla covered with enchilada sauce & cheese with Spanish rice. The specials on Monday through Saturday are served from 11AM to 10PM.
- CV Steak: Wednesday’s special is Beef Tenderloin Brochette with bell peppers, onions, cherry tomato and a spicy sweet and sour sauce. Thursday is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak. This Friday’s special is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs. Saturday nights CV Steak features Garlic Studded Prime Rib and the Sunday special is “Oscar Style” Fillet of Salmon with crab and Béarnaise sauce. CV Steak specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm sourdough baguette.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Saunders Duo, Tuesday & Wednesday: A stripped
down performance of the band “The Well Dressed Mannequins,” Denver Saunders
(vocals/guitar) and Jarom Horner (6-String Bass) are known for inspiring
dancing, laughing and sing-alongs wherever they play.
- Stone Senate, Thursday through Saturday: Stone Senate is a 5 piece contemporary Southern Rock band hailing from Nashville, Tennessee. With collective musical influences as varied as hard rock, bluegrass, funk, metal, and classic country, Stone Senate has often been compared to such classic acts as the Allman Brothers and a heavier Lynyrd Skynyrd with an undeniably original twist.
- Dan Rau, Sunday through Tuesday: Teacher by day, Troubadour by night, Dan Rau shares his special musical talents with audiences in select venues during the summer months. We are pleased to have him choose the CVI!
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!