"Man, does this town love its country!"
The headline was so well stated by Pheonix Gruneich in her review of last Friday's Easton Corbin Concert! She went on to write, "Trucker hats, cowboy hats, jeans and plenty of cowboy boots were the order of the evening." That sure describes the setting and you can read the entire review here. Our special thanks to Tim Parsons and his crew at Tahoe Onstage for always reaching out to our artists in advance and then covering the concerts on their website – a great resource for concert news in northern Nevada!
Kenny G Next in TJ’s
Kenny G is next in our 2019 Concert Seasonwith a live performance in TJ’s Corral on Saturday, June 8. Following Kenny G are Uncle Kracker on June 29, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts on July 4, Dwight Yoakam on July 26, Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo on July 31, Martina McBride on August 4 and Loverboy on August 9. For tickets, check this page on our website or stop by the hotel front desk. And be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for any upcoming additions
Why Does He Do It? And Why Here?
Coach Mike Tice is passionate about getting a permanent facility built for the Boys & Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch. But why here? He now lives in Seattle and has held NFL coaching positions in three other cities during the last 8 years. Yet he hosts the Mike Tice Annual Charity Weekend "For The Kids" in our community . . . for the benefit of our kids. Find out the “why” this Thursday at 10AM when Coach Tice is hosting a brunch here at the CVI to share this vision. Coach is also passionate about recognizing his sponsors so please consider attending this event and, if it works for you, joining the impressive list of local and national companies and individuals who have already stepped up to help Coach make this facility a reality in the Carson Valley.
Home Makeover Drawings Friday
Great Getaway Giveaways Start Saturday
This weekend we transition from our Home Makeover Promotion to our Great Getaway Giveaways and that means two consecutive nights of drawings and Good Times with plenty of chances to win! Friday night at 7:30PM we’ll draw 15 winners – 14 will get $400 in cash and FreePlay and one will have the choice of $2,000 or spin the wheel for a variety of room makeovers or other prizes. Saturday our Great Getaway Giveaways promotion starts up with drawings from 6 to 7:30PM for a chance to win trips, cash, airfare and FreePlay. The fun continues every Saturday (except June 29) through July and you are accumulating a free drawing entry for every 5 points you earn the entire time!
Plus More in the Casino This Week!
- Ladies Night Tonight:
- Our “Regular Festivities” from 5:30 to 8:30PM including Free Makeup Brushes for the first 150 ladies and All Wrapped Up Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes. The ladies also enjoy games, raffles, a weekly drink special & free bingo for those playing in the casino.
- Memorial Day Tribute Contest with prizes for the best hat, shirt or outfit that recognizes the spirit of Memorial Day. Everyone who “makes an attempt” to dress the theme receives a ticket for one set of drawings for Free Play Prizes. Sometime around 8 PM the judges will choose the five “best” or “most creative” for the contest prizes which are $100 cash for first, $50 in FreePlay for second and Gift Baskets for third thru fifth.
- Player’s Choice Wednesdays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Free T-Shirt Thursday: Last chance to get a Free CVI T-Shirt when you earn just 100 points on the same day – plus you keep the points! We’ll have a new Thursday promotion in June.
- Home Makeover Finale Friday: Grand prize drawings at 7:30PM – see above.
- Point Multiplier Fridays: 5X Points on video reels and 3X Points on video poker, all day.
- Cash & Getaway Giveaways Saturdays: Drawings between 6 & 7:30PM – see above.
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 7PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday.
- Player’s Choice Mondays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
Gold Angels Perform During Last Weekend's GWRRA California Chapter Convention Here at the CVI
Carson Valley Market Reopens
The Carson Valley Market is back open with a refreshed exterior and completely remodeled interior look and feel. There’s a full selection of snacks, food items, frozen goods, beer, liquor, soft drinks, and much more plus miscellaneous household goods and supplies for our RV Resort guests. There's a special refrigerated room just for our wide selection of beers, ales and pilsners . . . we’ll post that picture as soon as we add the signage and even a few more selections. Meanwhile come on by and check it out!
- “On the Board” this week: Major League Baseball, NBA Basketball Finals, NHL Hockey Stanley Cup Matches, Sunday’s Monster Energy NASCAR Pocono 400 and Horse Racing.
- Futures Bets: 2019 US Open at Pebble Beach, 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2019 World Series, 2020 NCAA Football Championship and 2020 Super Bowl!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials: Wednesday is Lasagna for $6.99 and Thursday is a Pork Chop in Ranchero Sauce for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99. Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $6.99 from 2 to 10PM. Monday Katie’s features Chicken Piccata for $7.99 and the Tuesday special is a Burrito Grande, chicken or beef & beans in a flour tortilla covered with enchilada sauce & cheese with Spanish rice for $7.99. The specials on Monday through Saturday are served from 11AM to 10PM.
- CV Steak: Wednesday’s special is Beef Tenderloin Brochette with bell peppers onions, cherry tomato and a spicy sweet and sour sauce for $25. Thursday is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak for $26. This Friday it’s Grilled Elk Medallions with a brandy cherry demi for $32.00. Saturday nights CV Steak features Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. CV Steak specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm sourdough baguette.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
- Adam Donald tonight: Adam brings an upbeat and entertaining solo show with a heavy arsenal of songs mixing today’s hits with some old country favorites.
- Lakeside Thursday through Saturday: Jhan Hansen, Curt Lee and Jonathan Barton combine for a wide variety of music from rhythm and blues, country to good old rock ‘n roll!
- Tyler Stafford Sunday & Monday: Tyler is a homegrown talent whose songs often draw comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon.
- Carolyn Dolan Tuesday and Wednesday: Carolyn can dive into powerful R & B, deliver a smooth jazz standard or a gentle country ballad. For the last fifteen plus years, she has been performing with her rockin' blues and R & B band, Carolyn Dolan and Big Red.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!