Over $20,000 To Be Given Away this Weekend - Guaranteed! We don't get to make this kind of claim very often . . . So we are taking advantage of today's blog posting to SHOUT IT OUT!
- On Friday night we start with our progressive drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM with a guaranteed winner of $12,000! Yep, one lucky INN Club member will get $12,000 and this one will go out half in cash and half in free play. Tell you what, give me $6,000 in cash to put my pocket and $6,000 more to run through any of the slots at the Carson Valley Inn . . . Heck, I'll come down and wait for the drawings and I'll do my best to get as many tickets accumulated as possible (Guest Services has all the details on how it works)!
- On Saturday night, we again have drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM with $5,000 in cash guaranteed to be given away along with some more free play. Same entries that get you into the Friday drawings also get you in for Saturday.
- On Sunday, we reach the part where we must give away our Pro PK'EM progressive jackpot.
Super Weekend at the Inn: As if all the guaranteed money we mentioned above wasn't enough to make this a Super Weekend at the CVI there's more!
- Outside: Looks like the weather's going to be mostly sunny and in the 50s for our Saturday afternoon tailgate party in TJ's Corral from 1 to 4 PM. We'll have burgers and chili bowls for sale plus beer, soda and, if it's really cold, hot chocolate . Add in live music by The Blues Monsters (it's free!), shenanigans and stories with former NFL players and some drawing prizes and you have quite a nice party! Can't believe we're saying this in January, but don't forget your sunscreen!
- Inside: On Sunday, we'll fill out the squares pool in the poker room (the crew down there can tell you how it all works) . . . then up in the casino we'll give away some NFL hats and shirts during the afternoon (somehow without interfering with the game or the commercials), $2 draft beer will be available, bar snacks will be ready for delivery right to your seat and we'll be taking bets on the game right up to kickoff and again at halftime.
Jackets & Jackpots in February: Our Friday and Saturday night drawings take on a little different twist in February and we'll tell you more about that in next week's blog. The Jackets part of our February promotions kick in on February 1 which is a good enough reason to tell you about it now. We're also hoping that by talking about jackets, we might entice some winter weather which produces moisture and, maybe even some snow . . . and maybe even the need for a jacket! Anyway, there are two ways to win a CVI Logo Jacket during February and there are multiple colors in both men's and women's styles. INN Club members receive a jacket by earning 200 points on any Monday in February (you keep the points) and also with every slot jackpot of $1,200 or more any day in February.
Poker Room Adds More New Twists: We don't know what's gotten into the crew in the poker room but they've come up with even more new stuff for February on top of the ongoing special games, tournaments, and promotions. The February Friday Night Hot Seat Drawings are every 45 minutes from 6 to 9 PM. Each winner gets $25 in cash and a chance to spin the promotions wheel for cash, free points, restaurant certificates and more. On Saturdays from 1 to 6 PM, the high hand each hour also gets to spin the wheel. Monday nights in February starting on the 9th, drawings for $40 will be held at 6, 7 and 8 PM. Players will accumulate drawing tickets all the previous week for any hand of a full house or higher in live play. Any unclaimed $40 prizes on any Monday carry over to the following Monday. This one is kind of like a Monday Night Football squares pool but without the football game or squares grid! There's also a free $2,000 Poker Tournament coming up, but more on that next week.
Valentine's Day Dining at the INN: Now is the time that restaurants start posting their specials for Valentine's Day. Some places get quite elaborate, others keep it simple. We have a pretty straightforward approach here at the Carson Valley Inn: both Katie's and CV Steak offer all of the regular menu items at the regular prices on Valentine's Day plus, we have two fantastic specials in each restaurant. If you are the one making the dinner plans: CV Steak always fills completely on Valentine's Day so we suggest you make your reservations as soon as possible by calling 775-783-6650.
- Ski Weekend: Our special ski weekend package for arrival on Friday, February 6 includes two nights in the hotel, a day of skiing each at Kirkwood and Heavenly, dining credits for CV Steak or Katie's, and a warm CVI Logo sweatshirt for après ski lounging! Click here for more.
- Ducks Unlimited Carson Valley Chapter Dinner: This annual fundraiser will fill our Valley Ballroom on Saturday, February 14. Tickets and more information are available from Scott Shattock at 760-221-3431.
- Republican Lincoln/Reagan Dinner: This long-standing tradition at the CVI is Sunday, February 15 and the go-to person for all the details is Linda Ruisi at 775-392-1038.
- Clay Shooting in February: Still a few openings for our 2015 Clay Shooting Weekend February 19 – 21. All the information is on our web site.
- Eagles & Agriculture: February 20 – 22 and we suggest you register soon as some events are already full. Get all the information by clicking here or call the Chamber at 775-782-8144.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: George Pickard tonight, Just Us Thursday – Saturday nights, the Super Bowl Sunday afternoon and evening and Steve Lord Monday through Wednesday nights.
- Braised Buffalo Short Ribs This Friday in CV Steak: One and a half pounds of American Bison short ribs braised and slow-cooked, finished with natural pan sauce. Served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $$29.00.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: Get the 4th collectible mug tonight and also enjoy hot seat drawings (four Wine Country Gift Baskets), ladies-only drink specials, a ladies-only slot tournament and more.
- Deflategate: That one's been kicked up one side and down the other this week so we aren't going there!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!