Carson Valley Trails: Hikers, mountain bikers and horseback riders all have a a variety of trails to enjoy in, around, and overlooking the beautiful Carson Valley. The latest Carson Valley Rider video from the Carson Valley Visitors Authority gives a visual overview . . . and trail maps and more information are available on the Carson Valley Trails Association website. Naturally, the Carson Valley Inn is right in the heart of this system and the perfect "base" for a recreational visit to our area!
- Antique Show, Sale & Appraisal: This Saturday & Sunday. Contact Marsha Williams at 775-782-4951 for more information. Admission is $2.50 and part of this fee benefits the Carson Valley Pops Orchestra.
- Soroptimist Savor the Flavor: Saturday, January 24. Contact Jeri Johnson at 775-771-6432 for tickets.
Win A Winter Weekend for Two at the Carson Valley Inn!
How would you like to stay at the Carson Valley Inn on the weekend after Super Bowl for free? That's a great time to visit our area for any of the many winter sports available in the nearby Sierra range: Skiing (Heavenly's Nevada side lodges are less than a half hour drive), snowmobiling, snowshoeing or whatever your favorite activity. Or, kickback and enjoy a relaxing weekend get-a-way with great food, entertainment and some casino fun. We'll provide a Deluxe room for two for Friday and Saturday nights, February 6 and 7 plus $100 in Dining Credit for use during your stay in any of our restaurants . . . the winter recreation - or the kicking back and relaxing part - is up to you. To enter to win this complementary weekend visit, simply click here and send us an email with your name. We'll choose a winner on January 20 and announce the winner in our blog on Wednesday, January 21. One entry per email address, please.
Football and More Sports This Weekend at the Inn
With the NFL Divisional Playoffs this Saturday and Sunday, and College Football National Championship on Monday, we'll have three days of exciting football action at the CVI. Throw in a full schedule of NBA basketball games, hundreds of NCAA college games, horse racing around the country (see Tidbits section below), NHL Hockey and the resumption of the PGA Tour with the Hyundai Tournament of Champions in Maui . . . and you have many opportunities to watch, bet and enjoy sports at the CVI. The Big Screen in Cabaret Lounge will have the "game of the hour" and three dozen more TVs will be carrying sports action in the Cabaret Lounge, Casino Bar, Table Games Area, CV Steak Bar and Poker Room. And if you get hungry while you're watching at the CVI, no need to get up - we'll deliver any of our mouthwatering bar munchies right to your seat while you keep on watching!
Sports Car, Jet Fighter or Video Slot? Here's the answer to last week's question: it's the new Sphinx video gaming device located near the casino bar. Our slot techs gave us a behind-the-scenes look at how the 3D works and a full tour of the visually stimulating high-definition 3D bonus scenes complete with all the enhancements including rumbling, vibration and sound. We tried to capture it on a video . . . but the 3D just doesn't come out and the vibration made it difficult to steady the camera. This is a truly an incredible multi-sensory experience unlike no other slot device we've seen! The entertainment value is reason enough to give it a try . . . and winnings are a welcome extra!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News –A Little More Than Usual This Week:
- Monthly Blackjack Tournament: the first in our series of 2015 monthly blackjack tournaments is Tuesday in the table games area of our casino. It's just $25 to get in and all the initial buy-ins and all re-buys go into the prize pool. There's usually $1000-$1500 up for grabs with 50% of the pot going to first place, 30% for second and 20% forthird. The $25 entry fee is worth the entertainment value of the tournament . . . Win, place, or show and you'll have more than your original investment back in your pocket!
- Poker Room Squares Pool: the crew in the poker room always has some little "extra" going on and this Monday it's a Squares Pool for the NCAA football championship game. Players are earning a spot in this pool with every Full House or better during live play this week until the board is full. The payoff? $50 at the end of the first three quarters and $50 on the final score.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Paul Covarelli tonight, Stew Stewart Thursday – Saturday night, AFC & NFC Divisional Playoff Games daytime Saturday and Sunday, Greg Austin Sunday through Wednesday nights and the College Football Playoff National Championship on Monday evening.
- Grilled Elk Medallions Friday in CV Steak: two 3 oz. elk tenderloin medallions grilled and finished with demi and sundried cherries. As always, served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $29.00.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: Tonight and every Wednesday in January we'll be giving away a collectible mug (different each week) to the first 150 ladies who sign up. We also have ladies-only drink specials, a ladies-only slot tournament, hot seat prizes and more.
- Pro PK'em Progressive Jackpot Update: Another week without a winner so the pot goes up to $4621 and we try again with this weekend's NFL playoff games. It's just $5 per parlay card - pick all 15 propositions and you win the progressive jackpot. Four of the 15 props are First Half scores - so they pay both ways in cases of a tie.
- Are the Horses Racing in Your Home State? Check this list and then stop by our Race and Sports Book to place your bet, watch the races, and perhaps when a few dollars! We are taking action and showing races from the following tracks this weekend: Aqueduct (NY), Fair Grounds (LA), Golden Gate Fields (CA), Gulfstream Park (FL), Laurel Park (MD), Santa Anita Park (CA), and Turfway Park (KY).
Comments?? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!