The 2nd “High Holy Day” of Sports Books
Most people recognize that Super Bowl is one of the busiest times for Sports Books in Nevada. And that is certainly reflected at our Sports Book with constant activity during the two weeks prior to the game capped off by a game-day frenzy of questions, bets, off-the-wall wagers and half-time attempts to recapture bad initial guesses!
The second “High Holy Day” in our sports book trilogy is the bevy of wagering and alma mater loyalty, almost matching and sometimes exceeding Super Bowl volumes, that surrounds the college basketball activity collectively referred to as March Madness. It starts with the conference championship tournaments, continues on Selection Sunday (March 11) and ends with the Final Four and the crowning of the ultimate winner in the NCAA Championship Game on April 2 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. Also in this mix: the various ancillary tournaments such as The National Invitational Tournament, The College Basketball Invitational Tournament and The CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
There are 32 conference championship tournaments, each of which brings its winner an automatic bid to the “Big Dance,” The NCAA Tournament. Some of those tournaments, including the Big Ten Championship Tournament, are underway this weekend . . . And so the second of the “High Holy Days” begins. As a reminder, you can place and collect your March Madness bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s Casino and Slot World Casino, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
What’s the third leg in this trilogy? It’s the incredible activity in our Sports and Race Book on the Friday and Saturday of the Kentucky Derby with only from Friday morning to mid-afternoon Saturday for betting!
Irish Whiskey and Canadian Bacon
This Saturday is both International Irish Whiskey DayCanadian Bacon Day. Naturally, you can celebrate both days with one trip to the Carson Valley Inn. Start with Eggs Benedict in Katie’s because, as luck (in honor of the Irish) would have it, we offer Eggs Benedict at the special price of just $5.99 every Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. This traditional favorite includes toasted English muffin, grilled Canadian bacon, two poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce and hash browns. After breakfast, stop at the CV Steak Bar, just to your left when you exit Katie’s. You can enjoy Jameson Irish Whiskey or Old Bushmills (made in the world's oldest whiskey distillery) straight up, or order an Irish Coffee or Irish Mule. And if you want to mix in even more nationalities, Google the movie Irish Whiskey and check out the storyline!
|Here's Who to Call at CVI|
Who Do I call at the CVI for:
- Employment: Check this page first and call Pat at 775-783-6663 with any questions.
- Gift Cards: Call the Hotel Desk at 775-783-6606
- Hotel, Motor Lodge and RV Reservations: 775-783-6629
- CV Steak Reservations: 775-783-6650
- Banquets, Meetings, Reunions, Receptions and the Like: Call Carrie at 775-783-6673
- Group Golf Packages: Call Greg at 775-783-6615
- INN Club Player Questions: 775-783-7711
In the Casino
- with a Free 5 piece Scissor Set for the first 150 ladies and All Wrapped Up Baskets as hot seat prizes. Also tonight: games, a weekly drink special, free bingo and last chance to earn entries for tonight’s drawing for a Free Spa Package.
- $200,000 Cash & Freeplay Giveaway Drawings Fridays and Saturdays: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for the drawings in our $200,000 Giveaway Promotion through March 31. There’s a guaranteed $1000 winner at each drawing every Friday night and every Saturday night . . . plus four more winners at each drawing with lots of cash to go around. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday and Saturday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
|New For March in Our Pit|
- Table Games Hot Seats Saturday: If you’re playing any of our casino table games from 7 to 10 PM on Saturdays in March, you could be called when we do one of our Hot Seat Drawings - Win up to $500!
- Multiply Your Points Saturday: INN Club members earn 4X Points on video reel slots and Double Points on video poker slots. So be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and multiply the benefits of your play every Saturday in February.
- Ladies-Only Poker Tournament Sunday: Our monthly just-for-the-ladies No-limit Texas Hold'em Tourney starting at 4 PM with refresher lessons at 3 PM..
- Slot Tournament Mondays: Every Monday in March we’re holding a Tax Relief Slot Tournament from noon to 8 PM. You’ll earn a tournament entry for every 50 points you earn on Monday – up to three entries each week. The top ten finishers each week win cash-freeplay prizes so be sure to get in on the fun.
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NHL, NBA and NCAA Basketball, the NASCAR Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the 2018 NFL Conference Championships and the 2019 Super Bowl!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Grilled Elk Medallions with a brandy cherry demi and sundried cherries for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
|The Blues Monsters in the Cabaret Lounge|
in the Cabaret Lounge
in the Cabaret Lounge
Roem Baur tonight, The Blues Monsters Thursday thru Saturday, Jonathon “JB” Barton Sunday and Monday and Cliff and Dave Tuesday and Wednesday. Rock leaning Roem Baur has been featured on the main stage at Super Bowl 50, NBC's The Voice and at CES & SXSW conferences. The Blues Monsters is a popular red-hot rockin' blues band performing a powerfully unique combination of R&B, funk, jazz, and Chicago-style blues. Jonathon “JB” Barton’s love for a variety of musical styles is apparent in his selection of favorites from Van Morrison, CCR, Hank Williams, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Eagles and many more. Cliff and Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry providing an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!