Two Toyota Winners . . .
. . . And Now We Crank It Up Towards $200,000!
Sylvia almost fainted when she won. Rick was a little more accepting. And without fanfare, they both opted for the $15,000 cash instead of taking the Toyota Corolla each won last Saturday night. So, let’s move forward because things really ramp up now as we start dispersing the Carson Valley Inn’s share of our 4-property $200,000 Giveaway Promotion over the next seven weekends. CVI drawings are at 5, 7 and 9 PM every Friday and Saturday through the end of March with a guaranteed $1000 winner at each drawing - that’s three guaranteed $1000 winners every Friday night and every Saturday night! As the late-night TV ads sometimes blare out, “But Wait, There’s More!” We’ll pull an additional four winners at each of the nightly drawings with lots of cash to go around. Getting in on all this is very simple. Always use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and you are automatically adding one drawing entry for every five points you earn through March 31!
Celebrating the Special Women in Your Life
Being a mom, wife, or grandma is one of the toughest, yet most rewarding jobs imaginable. While we should show our appreciation all days of the year, this Mother’s Day, the Carson Valley Inn can help you give the special woman or women in your life a weekend of appreciation. Friday and Saturday, May 11 & 12 we’re offering a weekend package for two that includes a hotel room for two nights plus an $80 Food & Beverage card to use at you leisure in CV Steak or Katie’s Country Kitchen . . . and even for morning coffee and pastries in Job’s Perk. Whether you hit it out of the park or not with your Valentine’s Day gesture, start planning now for a Mother’s Day getaway at the CVI! To learn more click here and select “Mother’s Day Package” in the Rate Plan area when making a reservation online or give us a call at 775-783-6629.
Sorry, but we’re taking a week off from announcing any more 2018 concerts for TJ’s Corral. However, were not done and we expect to have more to announce over the next few weeks. So, for now, make sure you’ve got the following on your calendar: Granger Smith on Saturday, June 16; Clint Black on Friday, June 29; Trace Adkins on Saturday, July 14; and Creedence Clearwater Revisited on Sunday, August 12. And were finding out it’s a good thing we have thick skin, ‘cause we’re really getting pressured on when tickets will be available. Please know we are not trying to build suspense, withhold information, tease, or otherwise delay. We just still have a few things to work out with our ticketing system and a couple of the performers before we can announce ticket availability and pricing. Please watch our weekly blog and our social media for more information. And thanks for your patience!
Sometimes We Can’t Even Give It Away!
Think back to Super Bowl Sunday or the few days before. Did you play a $5 Progressive Pro Pick 'em card at either the CVI or Sharkey’s Casino? Or, perhaps you know someone who did? We still have two people out there somewhere who got 12 out of their 15 picks correct and have $1,250 coming to them in cash. So, dig through your pockets and see if one of these winning tickets belongs to you. If it does, come by the Sports Book at the Carson Valley Inn and we’ll walk you to our Guest Services counter to pick up your winnings!
Never Combine Bear Claws with Wine!
What happens when you try to celebrate National Almond Day with a bear claw and Drink Wine Day with a “thought no one was watching” grab from the wine cooler!
- Today is Ferris Wheel Day. The Ferris Wheel was invented by George W. G. Ferris, Jr., younger brother of Margaret Ferris Dangberg, and unveiled at the 1893 Columbian Exposition aka Chicago World’s fair. Common belief is that this invention was inspired right here in Carson Valley . . . by a water wheel at Cradlebaugh Bridge on the Carson River. Find out more by checking Fun Fact #4 on this Page.
- Friday is National Almond Day. With a well-deserved nod to this heart-healthy food in its basic form, we suggest you disregard that part of the intent on Friday and enjoy one of our Bear Claws from Job’s Perk . . . almond paste inside and slivered almonds on top!
- Sunday is Drink Wine Day. Good timing because we just updated our CV Steak Wine List. We added more wines and also made more of our selections (almost 30!) available by-the-glass. Check it out!
- Tuesday is Cherry Pie Day. We are currently selling Mini Cherry Pies as part of the many made-in-house items available the Katie’s Bakery Counter. We tried to take a picture to post here, but we ate it before we could get the camera out.
In the Casino
|One of These Plus a |
Chocolate Covered Strawberry
for the First 150 Ladies Tonight!
- with a Free Chocolate Covered Strawberry and Foldable Travel Backpack for the first 150 ladies. The hot seat prizes are Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets each with a Heart-Shaped Box of Chocolates and a bottle of Ferrari-Carano wine. Also on the agenda: games, a weekly drink special, free bingo and you’ll earn entries for the February 28 drawing for a Free Spa Package.
- Free Meals Mondays and Wednesdays: Earn just 100 points (before any multipliers) on any Monday or Wednesday through February and swipe at the casino kiosk for a certificate for a free meal from our special Player’s Menu! Choices include our All-American Breakfast, any omelet, a cheeseburger or any of our six $7.99 Plates. You keep the points!
- $200,000 Cash & Freeplay Giveaway Drawings Fridays and Saturdays: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for the drawings in our $200,000 Giveaway Promotion through March 31. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday and Saturday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- Multiply Your Points Saturday: INN Club members earn 4X Points on video reel slots and Double Points on video poker slots. So be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and multiply the benefits of your play every Saturday in February.
- Hot Seat Mondays: Every Monday in February we’re doing hot seat drawings between 2 and 8 PM with a chance to win up to $500! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in our casino and you may just be called for one of our Monday hot seat prizes!
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NHL, NBA and NCAA Basketball, the Daytona 500 and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, Stanley Cup, World Series and NASCAR Monster Energy Series.
In Our Restaurants
- Valentine’s Day Dining at the Inn tonight in addition to our regular menus:
- Katie’s: A Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $17.99 and an Angel Hair Pasta Shrimp Scampi special served with soup or salad for $12.99. The Wednesday Italian specials will not be served tonight.
- CV Steak: Châteaubriand for Two for $38 per person and Grilled Salmon Oscar for $35. The Sunset Special is not being offered tonight.
- CV Steak Specials for You: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Roasted Rack of Venison with cherry brandy demi and fresh herbs for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Denver Saunders tonight, John Dawson Band Friday and Sunday, Steve Lord Monday and Tuesday and Jamie Rollins Wednesday and Thursday. Denver Saunders is an inspiring vocalist/guitarist who is a mainstay with the band Well Dressed Mannequins! The John Dawson Band entertains with a variety of modern country and classic rock. A man of a thousand songs, Steve Lord presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few his own songs.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!