|Instead of Asking Who'll Stop the Rain, Please Ask Who'll Bring the Rain!|
Rock Added to TJ’s Corral 2018 Concert Schedule
Whew – what an incredible response to the three concerts we announced last week. This week we add another group to our growing list for 2018 live entertainment in TJ’s Corral, our Outdoor Entertainment and Events Center: The legendary Creedence Clearwater Revisited will rock the stage on Sunday, August 12 featuring original CCR members Doug “Cosmo” Clifford and Stu Cook. Creedence joins the previously announced Granger Smith on Saturday, June 16, Clint Black on Friday, June 29 and Trace Adkins on Saturday, July 14. You can read about this trio here, written by our friend Tim Parsons at Tahoe Onstage. We know everyone is itching to buy tickets and we're moving forward on finalizing those details. We don’t know the exact dates yet, but please watch our weekly blog and our social media posts for more information on tickets, times and additional concerts.
|Make Mine Red, Please!!|
Your Name Just Got Called to Win
Our New Toyota Corolla - WWYD?
Yeah we know, you don't think you have a chance to win the Toyota Corolla this Saturday at the CVI. But somebody will win it and it very well could be someone reading this article right now. Whoever wins will be “on the clock” to make a decision. So, What Would You Do? Some folks wouldn't think twice, they'd choose the cash-out option of $15,000. Others would take the car and simply say "I'll stop down at Carson City Toyota on Monday and pick out my color. The consensus among us writers is we would also go down to Carson City Toyota on Monday and start negotiating for how much extra we'd have to pay to upgrade to a tricked out 4Runner TRD Pro! So if you win and can't make up your mind, we'll be lingering around ready to take the prize and the choice off your hands (fat chance, huh!)
Do We Owe You $1,250 from the Super Bowl?
If you are among the many who played one or more $5 Progressive Pro PK'EM cards on last Sunday’s game, you might just have $1,250 coming as a result of a 4-way tie. Of all the cards played, 12 out of 15 picks was the highest success ratio. Of the four who hit this mark; two of you played your ticket at Sharkey’s Casino, one at Bodines Casino and one at CVI. If 12/15 is what you feel you got on your picks, bring your ticket to the Sports Book at the Carson Valley Inn and collect your cash on the spot as soon as we verify your ticket!
Pizza, Brownies and Pennies
|Move Over Lemon Squares, |
Make Room for Big Daddy Brownies!
- Friday is National Pizza Day. Sure there are days we wish we had pizza here at the CVI . . . But we’d really have to struggle to top the quality, value and taste of the pizzas coming out of the special brick pizza oven at Bodines Casino! So, in this case we defer to our sister property and invite you to stop by Bodines. If you’ve never had a pizza there, you’re truly missing out 'cause every Bodines pizza is hand-tossed, custom assembled and cooked to order on a 600+ degree surface! Trying to cut back on pizza? Why fight it – Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year and you really need to do your part – at Bodines, of course!
- Sunday is Have a Brownie Day which is not to be confused with the more popularly-celebrated Brownie Day in December. However, we try to never miss an opportunity to draw attention to the many baked goods we make daily in our bakery and offer for sale at Katie’s Bakery Counter. And what’s at the top of the list of cookies, pies, cakes and other goodies? Brownies of course!!
- Monday is Lost Penny Day which gives us cause for a little tongue-in-cheek mourning for the old days when we could throw pennies into a jar and bring them in once in a while to try our luck on slots that actually accepted pennies. Fast forward to today and here’s a little known twist: many of today’s video slots (a few hundred here at CVI), while not billed as penny machines, actually allow you to bet one cent. The downside? The bells and whistles aren't very loud or exciting when you win, you'll get bored quickly and ya just can’t win a whole bunch going that route! On the other hand, play the max coins on a penny machine and you could hit big . . . as Michael and Linda did when they “hit” our Penny Progressive Jackpot at $99,000 a couple of weeks ago . . . Who’s Next?
In the Casino
- Free Meals Mondays and Wednesdays: Earn just 100 points (before any multipliers) on any Monday or Wednesday through February and swipe at the casino kiosk for a certificate for a free meal from our special Player’s Menu! Choices include our All-American Breakfast, any omelet, a cheeseburger or any of our six $7.99 Plates. You keep the points!
- Free Cash & Free Play Friday: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for our Weekly Cash & Free Play Drawings. You’re earning one free entry into these drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- Toyota Corolla Giveaway Saturday: (see article above)
- Multiply Your Points Saturday: Saturdays in February INN Club members earn 4X Points on video reel slots and Double Points on video poker slots. So be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and multiply the benefits of your play every Saturday in February.
- Hot Seat Mondays: Every Monday in February we’re doing hot seat drawings between 2 and 8 PM with a chance to win up to Five Hundred Dollars! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in our casino and you may just be called for one of our Monday hot seat prizes!
- $200,000 Cash & Freeplay Giveaway: The drawings for this lucrative promotion start Friday, February 16 but INN Club members have been earning entry tickets since February 1 – one ticket for every 5 points you tally.
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NHL, NBA and NCAA Basketball and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the Daytona 500 (February 18), NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and NASCAR Monster Energy Series.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Braised Buffalo Short Ribs slow-cooked in natural pan sauce for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Valentine’s Day Dining at
the Inn: perhaps
it was the massive readership our blog enjoyed last week due to the concert
announcements, but we went from “just a few reservations” to just about full
for Valentine’s Day in CV Steak. There are still a few
openings, so you should probably call very soon (775-783-6650). In Katie’s on Valentine’s Day were
offering our regular menu plus a Roasted
Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato,
vegetable and soup or salad for $17.99 and an Angel Hair Pasta Shrimp Scampi special served with soup or salad
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Paul Covarelli tonight, Decoy Thursday through Sunday, Patrick Major Monday and Tuesday and Denver Saunders Wednesday and Thursday. Paul Covarelli displays exceptional versatility on hits from artists like The Beatles, Merle Haggard and Jimmy Buffet plus the sounds of jazz, blues and Latin. Decoy performs the hits of artists such as Patsy Cline, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bruno Mars, Lynard Skynard, Cee Lo Green, Miranda Lambert, Sublime, Zach Brown Band, Led Zepplin, Journey, and more. Patrick Major’s style includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. Denver Saunders is an inspiring vocalist/guitarist who is a mainstay with the band Well Dressed Mannequins!
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!