New Weekly $1,000 Free Roll Poker Tournament! Not sure what this means? Neither were we at first, but it is amazingly simple and yes, we are giving away $1,000 each week! The Free Roll Tournaments will be held on Saturdays and Sundays in August at 4 p.m. You receive 1 FREE Entry for every hour that you play Monday through Friday PLUS 3X Entries on Thursdays. Drawings will be held on Fridays at 6 p.m. for the Saturday tournament and Saturdays at 6 p.m. for the Sunday tournament. Thirty names will be selected to play each day and you must be present at the Draw to receive your spot. This is one of a whole list of Poker Room promotions, special games and progressive jackpots. All this plus free beer for our poker players - now that's something to bark at!
Fun fun fun 'til her daddy takes the T-Bird away: This is one of those "why did they do that" weekends with Hot August Nights and The Reno-Tahoe Open (we know, it's now called the Barracuda Championship) both in progress. While the pro golfers will remain in Reno, hundreds of the Hot August Nights cars will be stopping in Minden this Thursday as Minden Park is the "lunch stop" for the annual Poker Run. Over 500 cars from the 50's, 60s and 70s are expected and it's all FREE! Feel free to park at the CVI, walk the 3 blocks to Minden Park, admire the cars and chat with the drivers, and come on back for lunch, a cold drink and . . . well we do have slots, ya know! Oh, and if you now can't get that Beach Boys tune out of your head, listen here.
What's Fair is Fair! The NV150 Sesquicentennial Fair runs today through Sunday at Fuji Park and the adjacent Carson City Fairgrounds which are conveniently located next to our sister property Bodines Casino. And, in looking through the Carson Valley Inn corporate philosophy manual in Chapter 4, sub section b, paragraph iii, we NEVER have a problem seeing CVI customers at Bodines! So, whether you visit Bodines before or after your stop at the Fair this weekend, Brent "Crash" Reins and his crew look forward to seeing you! For your convenience, here is a link to the fair schedule.
- A handful (literally) of seats remain for this Saturday's Chris Young Concert so watch for access to "Standing Room Only" tickets through the concert web page. Hope to see you here!
- The Austinpalooza to benefit Austin’s House is Saturday, August 16 and we hope you'll come see The Stray Cat, Lee Rocker and the four other bands: The Engineered Disaster, Seymour's Trick Bag, Bootleggers and Lavish Green
- Still just a few "Standing Room Only" tickets available for the Charlie Daniels Band Concert on Friday, August 29. Bring a blanket and sit on the grass area! If you previously tried to make a room reservation for Friday August 29 and found we were full: We had a few rooms released this week, so please call again (soon): 775-783-6629.
- New in CV Steak: Our Nevada Grill always included your choice on the "seafood" part (4 Grilled Shrimp or 4 Bacon-Wrapped Scallops or a Filet of Salmon). Now you can also choose one of the following for the "meat" part: Twin Tournedos or Medallions of Pork or Two Double-Bone Lamb Chops! Also new on the CV Steak Dinner Menu: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and Chopped Steak.
- The CV Steak Sunset Menu continues to be one of the best values in town and that's not just an idle PR claim – but you be the judge: Start with a first-class setting and experience top-notch service as you enjoy a three course meal with table-side tossed salad, your choice from 5 entrees with vegetable and choice of "starch" (rice or one of four potato options), and choice from three desserts all for just $18 daily from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. The options change from time to time, click here for the current Sunset Menu.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Braised Lamb Shank with Pearl Barley Risotto served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $26.00!
happenings at and near the Carson Valley Inn. There is "a lot to do" around here and this is meant to be a selection (not everything) of things to do, see or experience for locals and those visiting our area:
- Minden Farmer’s Market: Tuesday evenings thru Sep. 30 on Esmeralda Street, just a 3-minute walk from the CVI
- NV150 Sesquicentennial Fair: July 30 - August 3 at Fuji Park.
- Community Concert in Minden Park: Fri., Aug. 1, Mumbo Gumbo
- Chris Young Concert: Saturday, August 2 in TJ's Corral Outdoor Events Center.
- Sweet Sippin Sundays: Sunday, August 3 in Genoa, Dougie L. Sinatra Baby
- Dangberg Home Ranch Summer Concert Series: Sunday, August 3, The Mental Notes, Milton Merlos
- Main Street Event Car Show & Shine: Fri. Aug. 8, Minden Park/Esmeralda Ave.
- Genoa Bar Friday Night Music Series: August 8, 15, 22 & 29
- Movies in the Park: Fri., August 8, Heritage Park, Back to the Future
- Carson Valley Jr. Rodeo: Fri, Sat. & Sun., Aug. 8 - 10, Douglas County Fairgrounds
- Genoa Peak Completely Mad-A-Thon And Half Madathon: Sat., Aug. 9
- 2nd Annual Dogapalooza: Saturday, August 9, Fuji Park
- Genoa Concert on the Green: Sunday, August 10, Genoa Park, Quake City Jug Band
- CVI Monthly Blackjack Tournament: Tuesday, August 12, Table Games Area
- Carson Valley Arts Council Concert: Fri., Aug. 15, Charles Herrera, CVIC Hall
- Jethro's Charity King Crab and Steak Cookout: Friday, August 15
- No. NV Antique Power Club Tractor & Engine Show: Sat.-Sun., Aug, 16-17, Valley View Ranch
- Austinpalooza: Sat., Aug.16, sponsored by GE & CVI in TJ's Corral Events Center
- First Day for Douglas County Schools: Monday, August 18
- Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk: Aug. 21, Gardnerville Main Street District
- Carson Tahoe Moto: Aug. 21 – 24. Headquartered at the CVI
- Community Concert in Minden Park: Fri., Aug. 22, JKC Band
- Relay for Life: Sat., August 23, Lampe Park
- CVI 30th Birthday Celebration: Sunday, August 24
- Dangberg Home Ranch Summer Concert Series: Sunday, August 24, Mark Sexton Band & Vanessa Littrell
- Dangberg Home Ranch Twilight Concert Series: Thursday, August 28, Ciana
- Charlie Daniels Band Concert: Friday, August 29 in TJ's Corral Outdoor Events Center
Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Mike's Horses: We're taking a week off from trying to second guess the trainers as to which horse(s) is/are running this weekend. We'll jump back in next week.
- In the Cabaret This Weekend: It's Jo Mama with Special Guest Stew Stewart, this Thursday through Saturday. Jo Mama offers high energy whether they are playing funk, Latin, blues, swing, rock, country or calypso. With Paul Covarelli on guitar and vocals, Bill Heise on drums and Nancy Barker on keyboards and vocals, the group is lively enough. Add in the versatility and witty antics of Stew Stewart and no two sets will be the same! And remember, our Cabaret Lounge entertainment is Free!
- Coming Next Week: So, tell us about the $60,000+ you won on our penny slots!