Motorcycles Coming to the CVI!
Motorcycle Riding Enthusiasts August 21 – 23: The Carson/Tahoe Moto will be headquartered at the CVI August 21 – 24. What's a "Moto?" It's a gathering of motorcycle riders . . . a rally, with an emphasis on discovering great roads— pavement or dirt—and meeting new people who love motorcycling. This page on their web site explains it much better! The reason we bring it up this week: The organizers just announced Streetmasters Skills Training Workshops that will certainly be of interest to many motorcycle riders. And speaking of the organizers – we're working with four professional and successful businessmen who have grown this class-event over the past few years. Let us know how we can partner with your group, association or organization to bring your event to the Carson Valley Inn!
Motocross Acrobats on August 24th! We've partnered up with Livfast (an FMX Action Sports company) to help celebrate our 30th Birthday at a Party in and near TJ's Corral on Sunday, August 24! Livfast motorcycle riders will be performing huge aerial stunts including 30' high jumps and backflips! X-Games Gold Medalist Lance Coury will be one of the riders performing tricks during the show. Lance got his first motorcycle when he was 4 years old, has been competitively riding since 1995 and he is known for pushing the limits!! Mark your calendar now for this very exciting event and watch our Blog and website for more information very soon!
Free Giveaways and More July Promotions: Some interesting twists to our casino promotions this month include "Keep Calm" Duck Dynasty Mug Giveaways, 2X and 4X Points Tuesdays, Ladies' Night on Wednesdays and more - such as Food Vouchers for each week based on your play the previous Friday and Saturday and some attractive cash giveaways. It's all pretty simple and you can get the details on this page on our website. If you're a "what's in it for me this week" type, our Independence Days promotion includes the opportunity to earn a Free USA T-Shirt today, a Free Apple Pie tomorrow and 4X points all day Friday. Pictured at the right - the solar patriotic lights our hosts are giving out to the first 150 ladies at tonight's Ladies' Night.
In the Area this Weekend:
- Always a lot going on over Independence Day – especially when it falls on a Friday creating a long weekend. Let's start by not losing sight of the origins of Independence Day which celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. Click for some Interesting Facts About July 4th from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The area festivities on Friday the 4th start at 7 a.m. with the Freedom 5K Fun Run & Walk & Yankee Doodle Chalk Artfest (nope, we didn't make this up!) at Heritage Park in Gardnerville. The scene then shifts to Minden Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. when the CVI (that's us) is teaming up with the Town of Minden for a Complimentary BBQ and Other Fun Stuff.
- Lot's more going on over the weekend but two caught our eye: the Cowboy Fast Draw – Nevada State Championships in Genoa Friday through Sunday and the Big Boy Toy Show on Saturday in Lampe Park.
- The B. J. Thomas Concert on Thursday, July 10 will feature many of his hits including "(Hey Won’t You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song," "I Just Can’t Help Believing," "Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head," "I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry," "Hooked on a Feeling (check out the video)," "Eyes of a New York Woman" and more.
- The Chris Young Concert on Saturday August 2 is selling fast - $49 for reserved seating, $59 for VIP seating. Chris's current hit Who I Am With You is now in the top ten on the Billboard Top Country Songs chart.
- The Austinpalooza to benefit Austin’s House on Saturday, August 16 should also be on your calendar. Five local bands plus Lee Rocker, formerly of The Stray Cats, as the headliner. All-Day tickets with in-and-out access are $25 for adults and $15 for children age 12 and under . . . and all proceeds from ticket sales go directly to Austin’s House.
for the Charlie Daniels Band Concert on August Friday, 29 (and we know that many of you have been waiting for this news): tickets are on sale through our website. Prices are $35 and $45 and you can click here to buy tickets (after 8 a.m.).
As Always, Interesting and/or Helpful Tidbits and News:
- This Friday's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Mesquite Smoked Buffalo Prime Rib: a carving of American Bison Prime Rib seasoned with a rock salt mixture of herbs, cold smoked and slow roasted to retain juices - served with creamed horseradish for $32. Also, every Sunday in CV Steak we feature one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. And, yes, of course both of these specials include tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato!
- Doctor Dempsey, one of Mike Pegram's horses, is scheduled to run this weekend at Belmont Park in New York. As we have mentioned more than once, things change up to post time, so check our blog next Wednesday to see how the Doctor did. Update: Scratched.
- July 4th in TJ's Corral: If you see some people in TJ's Corral Friday night, and hear some music from the stage . . . don't worry, you did't miss a concert announcement - it's a private party. Have a large reunion, convention, reception, party or other event you'd like to consider holding in TJ's Corral? Call Carrie at 775-783-6673 to find out how it might work for your group.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Phil Prunier performs tonight, The Blues Monsters appear Thursday through Saturday and Jonathan "JB" Barton takes the stage Sunday through next Wednesday. Here is a link to the schedule for the next couple of months.
- Blackjack Tournament: This coming Tuesday evening is our monthly Blackjack Tournament in the Pit area. It's just $25 to enter and ALL the entry fees and any re-buys go to the prize fund: 50% to first, 30% to second and 20% to third. Check at the Pit for more information.
Get In Touch With Us: Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!