Upcoming TJ's Corral Events
- Marshall Tucker Band Concert this Friday, July 28: One of their biggest hits “Heard It in a Love Song" (above video) was also recorded in the mid-2000s by another artist who has appeared here at the CVI in our Valley Ballroom. Can you name him? We’re predicting there will be a few general admission (standing or sit on the grass) tickets available at the door. However, just to be sure we suggest you buy your tickets in advance either online or at our hotel desk. As a reminder, gates open at 7:15 PM and the concert starts at 8 PM. Please leave folding chairs at home and same with the pets.
- 33rd Birthday Celebration on Saturday, August 5: Admission is free for the Blues entertainment by Maxx Cabello, Jr., Alastair Greene and the Buddy Emmer Blues Band starting at 6 PM. We kick off the festivities at 5:30 PM with Free ice cream and fun for the kids, $1 Water and Soda, $1 Hot Dogs, $2 Pulled Pork Sandwiches with slaw, $2 Beer and $3 Wine. No tickets or reservations needed – just show up and enjoy!
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18: It was "months away" when we first announced this concert and each week we have watched the supply of available tickets dwindle. It was the same pattern with the Kenny Loggins concert which sold out and left a few people grumbling about waiting too long and not getting tickets. We’re not crying wolf, just suggesting the same pattern seems to be developing for Michael McDonald. Check it out and buy tickets here.
- Ronnie Milsap Concert on Saturday, August 26: Yea we know that many of the younger country fans who've enjoyed concerts at TJ's Corral don't immediately "sync" with Ronnie Milsap. However, his music has inspired young country artists like multi-time Grammy award nominee Hunter Hayes as described in this Rolling Stone Article. Milsap was the iconic country star from the mid-70s through the mid-80s and anyone who followed country back then will not want to miss this opportunity to enjoy dozens of Ronnie's hits . . . and support the The Children's Cabinet to boot!
Why Do so Many Golf Groups Make CVI Their Headquarters? Consider this another chapter of “Sometimes Our Customers Tell it Better Than We Could Ever Write It.” Every golf group has someone in charge who gathers the participants, collects their money, figures out the format for their competition and generally “herds the cats.” Many of our golf groups have been coming to the CVI for a number of years and, as life conditions dictate, sometimes the person in charge turns the duties over to successor. Here’s a verbatim note we received from Jim M. who is “retiring” after bringing a group to us every June for quite a long time and passing it on to someone new:
“Seventeen years leading an army on an attack on CVI and I can count the problems we faced on one hand not using my thumb! From management to housekeeping, the staff was friendly, helpful, competent, especially for our needs . . . Bill, Jacki, front desk staff, Katie’s breakfast staff and the catering staff that provided us with such great service each night, not only this year but every year. We could not ask for a better experience. Our job was easier because of the work you all did. We will not miss not doing what we had to do but we will miss working with you. A simple “thank you” does not adequately express our feelings.”
Jim paints the story of how we keep our golf groups coming back year after year by working with the person in charge to provide a memorable experience for the entire group – whether you're a cozy group of 8 people or a larger gathering of 150! Are you part of a group of golfers who travel or would consider traveling? If so, contact Greg in our Sales Department at 775-783-6615 and he’ll walk you through how we can help make it happen for your group!
RYE Brothers tonight thru Saturday, Jonathon “JB” Barton Sunday and Monday and Bill Wharton Tuesday and Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. Jonathon “JB” Barton’s love for a variety of musical styles is apparent in his selection of favorites from Van Morrison, CCR, Hank Williams, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Eagles and many more. Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz.
In the Casino
|Power Out? No Problem - This Will Keep Your Lit!|
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM every Thursday through August!
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play all day Friday!
- Friday Independence Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for Cash & Free Play, up to $500!
- Saturday Independence Cash Grand Prize Giveaways: Drawings at 6 & 8 PM.
- Sunday Scratcher Drawings: Join us for drawings at 6 & 8 PM and win up to $5,000!! This one is for those who received the July monthly mailer . . . if you’re not receiving our monthly mailer, be sure to use you INN Club card every time you play in the casino ‘cause that’s how we determine who gets ‘em!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the Major League Baseball, Horse Racing, Canadian Football and the NASCAR Overton’s 400 at Pocono Raceway. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series, 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Football Championship and the 2018 NBA Championship.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack of Venison with Cherry Brandy Demi – a 4-bone venison rack seasoned with fresh herbs and roasted for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!