To us it seems like it wasn’t that long ago and now we only have four events remaining this year (actually five if you’re a sponsor for the Aviation Roundup in October.)
- Next Up is the Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Friday, July 28 and that’s only about a week away. Thanks to some added capacity we mentioned last week, we still have tickets available . . . But not very many so we suggest you get them prior to the concert to ensure you get in on this one.
- Brews, Blues & BBQ are in the TJ’s Corral spotlight on Saturday, August 5 for our 33rd Birthday Celebration. Don’t be looking for ticket information on this one: the Blues entertainment by Maxx Cabello, Jr., Alastair Greene and the Buddy Emmer Blues Band is free! The fun starts at 5:30 PM with $2 Beer, $3 Wine, $1 Water and Soda plus $1 Hot Dogs and $2 Pulled Pork Sandwiches with slaw. The Blues start at 6 PM.
- Remember Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers? So do we – and we can’t wait to re-live some of their hits at the Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18. Michael followed his stints with these two iconic bands with a solo career equally as impressive. And for those of you who pondered our questions in last Wednesday’s blog: McDonald appeared at Morman Station in Genoa as part of the Sierra Starlight concert series in 2002.
- Could TJ’s Corral’s Have a Grandfather? We admit that this one is a stretch, but follow along: while Ronnie Milsap hit his big breakthrough in the mid-1970s, he became a popular weekly attraction at the Memphis nightclub T.J.'s in the late 1960s after moving to Memphis, Tennessee. Seems somewhat ironic to us and perhaps he’ll talk about the “tie” while performing many of his #1 Hits at the Ronnie Milsap Concert on Saturday, August 26.
- Back to the Hint at an October Event: It’s true, there will be a special Sponsors and Performers Party for the Aviation Roundup in TJ’s Corral on Friday evening, October 8. Want to attend and get a chance to meet and mingle with members of the various acts including the US Air Force Thunderbirds, U.S. Army Golden Knights, The US Navy Tac Demo Team and others? Then become an Aviation Roundup sponsor! For more information call Bobbi at 775-782-9871. And whatever you do, don’t miss the airshow itself . . . Click here for information on the various ticket programs and Flightline Lounge Packages.
Celebrating Food and Drink at the CVI:
- Today is National Hot Dog Day: Grab one in Job’s Perk – with or without chili, cheese or onions!
- Saturday is National Crème Brûlée Day: and boy do we serve a spectacular crème brûlée in CV Steak. Our bakers whip up a combination of milk, sugar and egg yolks and cook it “low and slow” in a Bain Marie (think hot water bath) until it’s smooth and creamy. Your server in CV Steak adds a caramelized sugar topping just before you are served providing a special crunch.
- Sunday is National Vanilla Ice Cream Day: we covered the ice cream topic head-on in our blog last week when we detailed how the Hoch Family Creamery
- Monday is National Tequila Day: We checked with Erin at our Cabaret Bar and, other than straight up, she recommends enjoying tequila in a Cadillac Margarita which she makes for us in the video above.
|Patriotic Wine Walkers Will Be |
Near and In Sharkey's Casino Thursday
Denver Saunders tonight and Thursday, The John Dawson Band Friday and Saturday and Jamie Rollins Sunday thru Tuesday. Denver Saunders will have you dancing, laughing and singing along to a variety of tunes! The John Dawson Band entertains with a variety of modern country and classic rock. An upbeat and experienced entertainer, Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few his own songs.
In the Casino
|Free Cinnamon Crumb Cake Scented Candle |
to the First 150 Ladies Tonight
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM every Thursday through July!
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play every Friday through July.
- Friday Independence Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for Cash & Free Play, up to $500!
- Saturday Independence Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM with the chance to win up to $10,000!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the British Open, Major League Baseball, Horse Racing, Canadian Football and the NASCAR Brantley Gilbert Big Machine Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series, 2018 Super Bowl and 2018 NCAA Football Championship.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks, two boar shanks braised and slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!