Blues, Brews & BBQs for CVI 33rd Birthday
Join us Saturday, August 5 for our 33rd Birthday Celebration in TJ’s Corral with free entertainment plus food and drink available for the whole family! The fun starts at 5:30 PM with $2 Beer, $3 Wine, $1 Water and $1 Soda plus $1Hot Dogs and $2 Pulled Pork Sandwiches with slaw. After you enjoy the Brews and BBQ portion, stick around for the free Blues entertainment starting at 7 PM featuring performances by Maxx Cabello, Jr., Alastair Greene and Buddy and Kim Emmer – all backed by the Buddy Emmer Blues Band. Click here for more details and join us for a fun birthday evening in TJ’s Corral.
|Photo Credit: Conrad Buedel|
The Spinners Didn’t Disappoint!
Between their instant connection with the audience and their nonstop ability to entertain, The Spinners certainly didn’t disappoint the energetic crowd in TJ’s Corral last Saturday night. Once again, the story was captured accurately by our friends at Tahoe Onstage - click here for the first-hand review by Conrad Buedel.
What’s It Like Attending a Concert at TJ’s Corral?
Sometimes we fumble around trying to find new words to describe a promotion, food special or a venue . . . like TJ’s Corral. Turns out that when it comes to TJ’s, our customers are more than willing to weigh in with their thoughts in a manner that’s often better than anything we could write. Here are three reviews posted on the TJ’s Corral Facebook Page after The Spinners concert last Saturday. If you haven’t been to a concert in TJ’s, this will definitely give you a feel:
- “Always a great environment, friendly staff, and cold drinks, all around just a great place to let loose and have fun.” - Ashley F.
- “Outstanding venue, love it!! Very small and intimate place!” - Ernie M.
- “We've been to a few concerts and have really enjoyed the small venue. Absolutely beautiful view of the mountains while listening to some great music!!” - Nikki S.
Our Remaining 2017 Concerts in TJ’s:
|Do You Remember Last Time |
He was in Carson Valley?
- Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Friday, July 28. This one is just two weeks away and there are some seats available and now some General Admission tickets for standing or sitting on the grass. Stop by our hotel desk or jump on our website to buy tickets online.
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18. Michael McDonald has appeared in the Carson Valley before - within 7 miles of the Carson Valley Inn. Do you remember where? When? What those concerts were called? Were you there? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Ronnie Milsap Concert on Saturday, August 26. Ronnie had three dozen #1 hits on the Country Chart between 1974 and 1989 . . . if you were a country fan “back then” we’d like to know your favorite – use the comments section below. As a reminder, this concert is a benefit for The Children’s Cabinet.
Celebrating Food at the CVI:
|The Chocolate Part of Building |
a Grand Marnier Cheesecake
- Thursday is National French Fry Day. Putting aside all the technicalities of what actually constitutes a legitimate french fry, we have two special options: at the Jackpot Café in Sharkey’s Casino we offer special Sweet Potato Fries in addition to “regular” french fries. Up at the restaurant in Bodine’s Casino, Beer Battered Fries are the specialty. Options . . . Who can complain!
- Friday is National Grand Marnier Day. We suggest the Grand Marnier Cheesecake in CV Steak. It’s a generous portion of Grand Marnier laced cheesecake in a graham cracker crust dunked in chocolate. Sounds good, huh!
- Sunday is National Ice Cream Day
- Monday is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day. Depending how deep the hole you dug to get into the doghouse, you could always dig out with an overnight stay at the Carson Valley Inn (perhaps in a suite?) with dinner in CV Steak.
Upcoming Event Reminders:
- Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk: Just put this on your calendar for now - it’s not until next Thursday, July 20. The theme is “Patriotic” so we wanted to get this information to you before you put away your Independence Day decorations. Next week - a controversy around the wine walks?
- Summer Fun Clay Shoot August 6 – 8.
- 2017 Mixed Scramble the second weekend in September.
|Free Entertainment in our Cabaret Lounge|
Patrick Major tonight, The Vegas Road Show Thursday thru Saturday, Rock River Sunday and Monday and Denver Saunders Tuesday thru Thursday. Patrick Major entertains with his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. The Vegas Road Show delivers music, comedy and crowd participation as they perform a variety of entertainment styles including classic rock, 50's, 60’s, 70’s, country, smooth jazz and pop. Cody Stevens (vocals, guitar and quick wit) and his wife Barbara Christy-Stevens (vocals, keyboards, bass and trumpet) are both veterans in the music industry having engaged audiences in casinos from Atlantic City to Las Vegas. Rock River is Buddy and Kim from the Buddy Emmer Blues Band presenting an evening of blues and other music! Denver Saunders will have you dancing, laughing and singing along to a variety of tunes!
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM every Thursday through July!
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play every Friday through July.
- Friday Independence Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for Cash & Free Play, up to $500!
- Saturday Independence Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM with the chance to win up to $10,000!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the Major League Baseball, Horse Racing and the NASCAR Cup Series Overton’s 301 at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi: two 3 oz. elk tenderloin medallions grilled and finished with the demi and sundried cherries for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!