Welcome Best of Carson Valley
This Friday we’re pleased to host the awards luncheon for The Record Courier staff and all of the local businesses they are honoring for being named Best of Carson Valley 2018 in their recent online poll. All of the results will be announced tomorrow in the paper and on their website. However, they did give us an okay to “leak” that the Carson Valley Inn was voted #1 Best Casino and #1 Best Lodging - and that CV Steak was voted #1 Best Steak and #1 Best Dinner. Be sure to check all of the winners coming out in this Thursday’s issue of The Record Courier!
|38 Special Founding Member Don Barnes Waves Good-bye|
to the TJ's Corral 2018 Concert Season Last Friday
CVI in the Words of Others
From time-to-time we like to spare you our own words and share what others say about the CVI – often stated better than our own ramblings!
- A Tahoe/Carson Valley Visit: “We recently spent a few splendid summer days in South Lake Tahoe and the nearby Carson Valley. No more than eight hours by car from Pasadena, it’s a convenient world-class getaway.” These words closed a brief but commanding story by Cuyler Gibbons after his recent visit to South Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley.
- Great Atmosphere: “Centrally located in the Carson Valley Inn, this steak house is just as good as the best ones in the country. Great steak and options for other meals. Casual as well as business/professional/upper class restaurant without the prices. Very well priced, friendly and professional staff and great food. Definitely worth stopping in for a dinner.” - Eric Y. on Trip Advisor
- Last Friday’s Concert: “Throughout the night, folks kept shouting ‘that’s my favorite song!’” And so marked the last day of summer at the 38 Special Concert last Friday night in TJ’s Corral. Pheonix Gruneich of Tahoe Onstage wrapped it up with those words and more in this online story she titled No locks at TJ’s Corral during sold-out 38 Special show – a play on words that ties to how the group originally got its name! Enjoy the article and the pictures as posted by both Pheonix and Purple Door Photography.
Something to Laugh At!
Interesting logo, huh! Four comedians will be weaving their tales together to present this Core 4 Comedy in our Valley Ballroom on Saturday, November 10 and we’ll all learn the meaning of the logo at that time (better be funny, right!). Between Host Jeff Anderson, Special Guest Luke Westberg, Feature Act Andy Picarro and Headliner Brian Lee, one of them has to have an explanation! Be sure to get it on your calendar . . . We know it’s still a few weeks away but these things have a tendency to sneak up on us and we can only hold so many people in the Valley Ballroom! Tickets are $20 and you can buy them online or at our hotel desk.
Do They Really Dance There?
The Genoa Candy Dance is this Saturday and Sunday and all the details are at this link. A hearty breakfast in Katie’s is a good start for a day of walking and gawking at the many hundred craft booths and other attractions. And when you’re done browsing and buying, stop in for a cold beer at one of our bars. As a friendly reminder, the Town of Genoa discontinued the shuttle between Minden and the Candy Dance last year. And yes, while crafts and confections fill the two days, there really is a dance Saturday night!
Football is Much Bigger
- Have you noticed in the last few days that football games appear much bigger on the Cabaret Lounge screens? It’s not just your imagination. We replaced the 47” screens (16 of ‘em so far) with 65” HD TV screens and we have eight more to go on the “other side” of the Casino Bar. Hard to believe, but that almost doubled the viewing image on each TV from the previous 942 sq. inches for each 47” screen to just over 1,800 sq. inches for each 65” screen. All this just in time to magnify the incredible upsets and questionable penalty calls that permeated the NFL this past Sunday!
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM jumped to $2,955 for this week. With the Lions topping the Vikings and New England falling to Detroit it’s no wonder that no one picked all 15 games correctly which is all it takes to capture the Jackpot . . . and the parlay tickets are only $5!
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: Two of the four squares went unclaimed this past Monday so the squares are worth $72 each for this coming Monday’s Chiefs/Broncos game. You have to be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page.
- Our Guys Picks! a better week for our guys with six winners out of eight picks last week. They look to continue the hot streak with Mike taking the Texas Longhorns -8 ½ at K-State and Troy -14 vs. Coastal Carolina. Greg is betting on a low scoring Jets – Jags game taking the under 38 ½ and the Falcons -5 ½ against the Bengals. Alan loves the Chiefs -4 ½ at the Broncos and his Eagles -4 at the Titans. Steve is going with an all Los Angeles Sunday taking the Rams -7 vs. the Vikings and the Chargers -10 ½ against the quarterback less 49er’s.
- Beer & Snacks: Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI. Our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
- What’s On The Board: This week you can bet NCAA and NFL Football, Major League Baseball, Canadian Football League, the Sunday NASCAR Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
|Apples, Coffee & Beer - See Below!|
Just for Fun
- Today is Johnny Appleseed Day. Good reason to order a slice of Apple Pie in Katie's . . . or take home a house-made whole Apple Pie from the Katie's Bakery Counter!
- Today is also Human Resources Professional Day. We'll start with a Shout Out to our HR staff who do all the hiring for the CVI, Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Casino and SlotWorld Casino. They'd welcome the opportunity to tell you more about our employment opportunities so check out the available positions at all four properties at this link or call our HR folks at 775-783-6663.
- Friday is Drink Beer Day. Stop by the CV Steak Bar or the Casino Bar and enjoy one of the various beers we offer by the bottle or on tap!
- Friday is Ask a Stupid Question Day. The obvious that comes to our mind, "Why would a beer drinker even need a Drink Beer Day?! More universal, supposedly, is the concern expressed in the page about Ask a Stupid Question Day which poses the question: “What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?”
- Monday is International Coffee Day. Enjoy your favorite coffee drink in Job's Perk open daily from 6 AM!
This Week in the Casino
- a Free Elegant Jewelry Keeper for the first 150 ladies and All Wrapped Up Baskets as hot seat prizes
- Point Multipliers Friday: 5X Points on Reel Slots and 3X Points on Video Poker Slots all day every Friday in September, Watch those points add up fast and use them for dining, FreePlay, Katie’s Bakery products and more!
- Big Game Grand Prize Drawings Friday and Saturday: Big Game Giveaway Grand Prize Drawings at 6 & 8 PM for $17,500 in cash, fishing/hunting gear and FreePlay between CVI and Sharkey’s.
- $5,000 Scratcher Drawings Sunday: September Scratcher Drawings at 6 & 8 pm. $5,000 in cash and FreePlay guaranteed!
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members can swipe at the casino kiosk once on Monday for Your Reward. Could be FreePlay, a Free Food offer, a Free Multiplier or a Free Gift!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Roasted Rack of Venison with cherry brandy demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Hans Eberbach tonight, Garage Boys Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Carolyn Dolan next Tuesday and Wednesday. Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach sings for the band Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. He also fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS. The Garage Boys are a high energy, 100% organic, rock band. Their unique sound reflects their influences which range from The Beatles and Stones, to STP, Weezer, Bob Marley, Sublime, Thin Lizzy, Metallica, Radiohead, Bon Jovi and even Steely Dan. They play everything from glam-rock to Reggae to old school classic country rock. Carolyn Dolan can dive into powerful R & B, deliver a smooth jazz standard or a gentle country ballad. For the last fifteen years, she has been performing with her rockin' blues and R & B band, Carolyn Dolan and Big Red.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!