|Picture by Conrad Buedel from 38 Special's 2015 Concert in TJ's Corral|
Great Night in Store for 38 Special Concert
Looks like we couldn’t ask for better weather as we mark the last day of summer with our 38 Special Concert this Friday in TJ’s Corral. Might want to bring a sweater or light jacket as it could be a little chilly by the time the concert winds down and, we do have a no-reentry policy. Otherwise, we’re looking for spectacular skies and a great finale to our 2018 Concert Series. It’s not too late to get tickets either on our website or in person at the Hotel Front Desk. Get yourself in the mood for the concert, check out this great article posted by Tahoe Onstage which also includes some throwback to the 38 Special’s last appearance in TJ’s Corral in 2015 (see the picture above). Want a refresher on the top hits by 38 Special? Check out these 10 Essential 38 Special Songs as compiled by Classic Rock History.
Live Comedy Details Set
Last week we announced that Core 4 Comedy is coming to our Valley Ballroom on Saturday, November 10 with Host Jeff Anderson, Special Guest Luke Westberg, Feature Act Andy Picarro and Headliner Brian Lee. Tickets are on sale for just $20 and we hope you’ll act soon as the Valley Ballroom has considerably less capacity than TJ’s Corral! We’ll be gaining a personal insight into what the night will bring when Brian Lee visits with us next Wednesday to “check out” the layout of our Valley ballroom. So watch for more information in our blog the first week in October but meanwhile get your tickets now either online or at our hotel desk for this fun Veterans Day weekend comedy show!
|Four "Ripe" Jackpots at the CVI|
Hit the Jackpot at the CVI
When the Penny Progressives Jackpot topped $40,000 earlier this week we went snooping in the casino to see what else was getting ripe. We found the Locomotive Grand Jackpot at over $13,000, the giant Buffalo Stampede jackpot in excess of $26,000 and the Fort Knox Progressive had topped $15,000. These are just some of the jackpots that are “getting’ up there” . . . there are plenty of others! Will you be our next 5-figure winner?
Wine, Music and Sharkey’s
The season’s final Third Thursday Wine Walk is this week and it looks like temperatures will be in the low 80s for start time at 4 PM. Sip ‘n’ Sounds is the theme and various musical groups and soloists will be performing at a few outdoor locations along Highway 395 including the Stratton Center, Mid-Town Center West and Mid-Town Plaza East. Naturally, Sharkey’s casino will be glad to fill your official wine walk glass when you stop by the Silver Dollar Bar. Might want to plan on grabbing dinner at Sharkey’s and then crossing the street to Heritage Park where the “False Rhythms” Reggae band will be performing and free dessert will be served as Main Street Gardnerville celebrates their 10th Anniversary starting at 7:30 PM. Need a seat to watch the band? Sharkey’s will be distributing a limited number of fold-out chairs while the supply lasts to official Wine Walk participants . . . so get to Sharkey’s early!
This Picture is Not Upside-down
There are a variety of acts joining U.S. Navy Blue Angels at the Aviation Roundup at Minden-Tahoe Airport in October and none is more “interesting” than the performance by Aaron Fitzgerald in the Red Bull BO-105 fully aerobatic helicopter. Quite an unusual sight to see a helicopter flying upside down . . . Most pilots will tell you it isn’t even possible. All this and more will fill the skies of Carson Valley on Saturday and Sunday, October 13 and 14 and now is the time to buy tickets either online at this link or at the Raley’s Gardnerville store!
Football at the Inn!
- Beer & Snacks: Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI. Our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- Football gets even bigger at the CVI next week . . . be sure to check next week's blog and you'll get the picture.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM climbed to $2,766 for this week. Pick all 15 games straight up and the Jackpot is yours! If no one hits the mark, the amount will increase again for next week.
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: Two winning squares didn't get claimed this past Monday so the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters and final score are $65 each for the September 24th game. You have to be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check out all the Poker Room promos and special games on this page.
Guys Bombed! It was
a rough week for the Guys giving us two winners out of eight games. They look to rebound this week with Alan
taking the Cowboys +1 at the
Seahawks and the Tampa Bay Bucs +1
at the Steelers. Greg loves Da’Bears -6 at the winless Cardinals
and the LA Rams -7 vs. the Chargers
in the battle of Los Angeles. Steve is
betting on the Browns -3 ½ against
the Jets and the struggling Bills +16 ½ at the Vikings. Mike is once again going to dabble in the
college ranks taking SMU +6½ at Navy
and the over 43 ½ of the Iowa–Wisconsin
- What’s On The Board: This week you can bet NCAA and NFL Football, Major League Baseball, Canadian Football League, the Saturday night NASCAR Federated Auto Parts 400 and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
Just for Fun
- Thursday is Pepperoni Pizza Day. Our sister property Bodines Casino in Carson City makes pizzas fresh to order in their special brick pizza oven. Order one in the restaurant, or while relaxing and watching football at or around Bodines' casino bar!
- Tuesday is One Hit Wonder Day. In 2002, VH1 aired a countdown of VH1's 100 Greatest One-hit Wonders. Here are the songs . . . how many of the artists can you remember without “looking it up?” Macarena, Tainted Love, Come on Eileen, I'm Too Sexy, Mickey, Who Let the Dogs Out?, Ice Ice Baby, Take on Me, Rico Suave, 99 Luftballons.
- Tuesday is also Home Cooking Day. While staying home and cooking is one option, here’s another concept: don't dirty the pots and pans! Jump in the car, come over to the Carson Valley Inn and enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner in Katie's . . . or dinner in CV Steak!
This Week in the Casino
- a Free Wine Glass for the first 150 ladies and Shelly Camp Baskets as hot seat prizes
- Point Multipliers Friday: 5X Points on Reel Slots and 3X Points on Video Poker Slots all day every Friday in September, Watch those points add up fast and use them for dining, FreePlay, Katie’s Bakery products and more!
- Big Game Drawings Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM for our giveaway drawings for cash, hunting and fishing gear and FreePlay.
- Big Big Win Saturday: A guaranteed $2,500 winner every Saturday this month during our Big Game Drawings.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you are the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Buffalo Tournedos: American Bison tenderloin filets grilled and finished with a red wine truffle demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Jeff Campbell tonight, Arizona Jones Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Hans Eberbach next Tuesday and Wednesday. Jeff Campbell is a vocalist, impassioned songwriter and lifelong musician . . . an emotional, evocative poet with a rock lover’s heart! Arizona Jones puts their rockin' spin on classic R&B hits from the 60's and 70's . . . and you never know who'll be singing louder, the audience or the band. They play the hits from Aerosmith and Amy Winehouse to Wilson Pickett and ZZ Top . . . and many artists in between.
Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach sings for the band Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. He also fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!