Live Comedy in Our Valley Ballroom
|Brian Lee Headlining|
Core 4 Comedy
Headliner Brian Lee started doing stand-up comedy in 2000 and has gone from being a 10-minute opening act to headlining all over the United States and Europe. In addition to being a veteran of the stage, he is also a Veteran of the U.S. military. A combined 24 years between the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy has given him quite a unique perspective and the opportunity to perform around the world. Brian invites all military to join him in honoring our veterans at the CVI on Veteran’s Day Weekend!
Brian’s motto has always been “talk about what you know,” and that’s just what he does. Drinking, relationships, lousy day jobs, family life, more drinking, and the possibility of a new religion are just a few of the topics Brian tackles. Brian also takes audience participation to a new level with his off-kilter game show, “Cerebral Punishment.” Brian is the co-founder of Core 4 Comedy, a.k.a. C4 Comedy which also includes the evening’s other three performers.
38 Special Concert Almost Here
38 Special has a sound that Stephen Thomas Erlewine defines as "halfway between country-fried blues-rock and driving, arena-ready hard rock." Sounds like the perfect way to describe their more popular hits which include "Caught Up in You," "If I'd Been the One," "Back Where You Belong," and "Like No Other Night," Their hit ballad "Second Chance" probably doesn't fall under that definition, but it certainly was a smash! All these and more will be on the playlist when 38 Special wraps up our 2018 Concert series in TJ’s Corral on Friday, September 21. You can buy tickets on our website or in person at the Hotel Front Desk.
Aviation Roundup Just a Month Away
The 2018 Aviation Roundup at Minden-Tahoe Airport is just a month away and now is the time to make your plans, get your tickets and start getting ready for a very active weekend in the Carson Valley! The 30-second TV commercial above will definitely get you in the mood . . . as will reading this article put together by the Carson Valley Visitors Authority regarding the various acts. The Carson Valley Inn is proud to be a major sponsor of this event and we hope you’ll join us in supporting this event with your attendance on one of the two days!
Sports Book - Mostly Football!
- Reminder: Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI. Our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM did not hit week one so it has incremented to $2,647 for this week. Pick all 15 games straight up and the Jackpot is yours! If no one hits the mark, the amount will increase again for next week.
- Monday Night Football Grid: We have a new one in our poker room every week and you obtain squares by making various hands during the week in live poker games. There’s a $40 payout for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters and for the final score. You have to be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Last Monday, winner was not present the first quarter, and, believe it or not, one person who had two different squares hit all three of the other prizes. So, the first $40 rolls forward and this week’s squares are worth $50 each! Check the details on this page.
Guys Picks: it was
an average week for three of our prognosticators going 1 & 1. Greg was the
shining star with a perfect 2 & 0 weekend.
Now it’s on to week two with Alan taking the Niners -5½ & the Chiefs
+5. Mike loves the over 71½ of the Houston – Texas Tech
game and the Oklahoma Sooners -18. Steve will ride with the Nevada Wolf Pack -4 and the Saints
-9. Mr. Perfect will play the Patriots -2½ and the Seahawk +3½.
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at CVI or Bodines Casino.
- What’s On The Board: This week you can bet NCAA and NFL Football, Major League Baseball, WNBA Championship Games, Canadian Football League, Sunday’s NASCAR South Point 400 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
Just for Fun
|The Smile that Comes Out|
with a $4,500 Win!
- Tomorrow is Fortune Cookie Day. It is also Defy Superstition Day and Positive Thinking Day. So, we suggest you combine all three of these in whatever manner you feel is best and plop down in front of one of our 20+ slots that have the Fortune Cookie game option. Forget your superstitions, think positively, and go for it! Not sure, but positive thinking a couple of days early might be what Christine S (pictured) did on Monday night when she won a $4,500 jackpot on one of our Triple Diamond Wheel of Fortune slots.
- Saturday is Double Cheeseburger Day and Tuesday is Cheeseburger Day. We're not sure why each of these configurations needs its own "day" - nor are we sure why either one of them actually needs a "day" - but we do have plenty of options for both every day in Katie's!
- Saturday is also Linguini Day. Our favorite, hands down, is the Seafood Linguini in CV Steak: shrimp, scallops, and diced lobster with your choice of lemon butter sauce or spicy Pomodoro sauce. . . . A hearty dish served with warm bread, and our tableside tossed House salad, of course!
- Sunday is Guacamole Day. Since this falls between Double Cheeseburger Day and Cheeseburger Day, either go back to basics and order avocado (the early "stage" of guacamole) or our special guacamole "side" for your burger!
- Monday is Monte Cristo Sandwich Day. The Cook of Monte Cristo (whoever he was!) was reported to have said, "There are two things man thought they could not improve on. The Club sandwich, and French toast. Our culinary hubris was found in err when the Monte Cristo Sandwich was invented.” We doubt there really is a "Cook of Monte Cristo" and we double checked to make sure that "hubris" was a real word and appropriate to the quote. Having said that, celebrate the day by enjoying a Monte Cristo every in Katie's: A deep-fried sandwich with ham, turkey, Swiss cheese, American cheese and syrup!
This Week in the Casino
- a Free Dual Sided Vanity Mirror for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Baskets as
- Point Multipliers Friday: 5X Points on Reel Slots and 3X Points on Video Poker Slots all day every Friday in September, Watch those points add up fast and use them for dining, FreePlay, Katie’s Bakery products and more!
- Big Game Drawings Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM for our giveaway drawings for cash, hunting and fishing gear and FreePlay. Big Big Win Saturday: A guaranteed $2,500 winner every Saturday this month during our Big Game Drawings.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you are the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Denver Saunders tonight, Revival Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Jeff Campbell next Tuesday and Wednesday. Denver Saunders is the inspiring vocalist/guitarist who is a mainstay with the band Well Dressed Mannequins! Revival recreates the music of the '60s, '70s, and '80s with a stunning accuracy and precision that's rarely found in today's live music scene. They will take you from the British invasion, through the muddy fields of Woodstock, to the diverse songs of the 80's! Jeff Campbell is a vocalist, impassioned songwriter and lifelong musician . . . an emotional, evocative poet with a rock lover’s heart!
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!