|Kevin Essing (top - SlotWorld) and Gary Reeves (bottom - Bodines) both won Harleys earlier this week |
but took the $10,000. Which will you choose if you win tonight at CVI?
Harley Giveaway Tonight
The Harley Giveaway at the CVI is tonight at 8 PM and you've been earning Virtual Drawing Tickets for this grand prize at the rate of one Golden Harley Ticket for each 500 Base Points earned while using your Inn Club card since September 1! Ten preliminary winners will be drawn at 8:30 PM tonight, five will be tagged to play our On The Road board game and the top finisher will get his or her choice of a New Harley Davidson or $10,000! After that dust has settled we’ll draw for two bonus prizes: Two sets of Collectible Harley Davidson Ken & Barbie Dolls for which you've been accumulating one entry for every 50 points earned using your INN Club card since October 21!
Comedian Spotlight – Key Lewis
Four accomplished comedians are entertaining in the CVI Valley Ballroom on Saturday, November 23 and we’ll be spotlighting each of these talented make-you-laugh entertainers in our weekly blog prior to show date. The Stand-Up Comedy Show includes Brian Lee, Carlos Rodriguez, Kris Tinkle and Key Lewis . . . and this week, Kris is in our spotlight!
Co-Feature comedian Key Lewis is a high energy, improvisational, storytelling, multiple personality nutcase! His comedic stories about his childhood, family, and unusual views of relationships, make Key simply a joy to watch. His ability to improvise and interact with all types of crowds make this up and coming comic and actor one to look out for. Key also served in the United States Navy. He has appeared on Marlon Wayans’ TBS’s Funniest Wins, Kevin Hart’s One Mic Stand and Bill Bellamy’s Who’s Got Jokes!
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased online or at the Carson Valley Inn hotel desk. The show starts at 8:00 pm and is for audiences 21 or over.
|Chief Turkey Caller Deanna|
Turkey Trot Promotion
YOU are the Game Piece
YOU are the Game Piece
Picture yourself and two other people serving as your own live game pieces moving along the spaces on a 100+ square-foot game board laid out on the floor in our casino in front of the Guest Services counter. Got it? That’s what’s happening every Friday and Saturday night in November as we play our Turkey Trot Promotion with the chance to win up to $1500. You are automatically earning virtual entry tickets with your Inn Club card play all month - one entry for every 50 points. The drawings start at 6 PM every Friday and Saturday for the 6:45 PM game. Around 7:30 PM we start more drawings for the 8 PM game. We'll pick 7 or 8 finalists for each game with three going on to the Board. Get more details at Guest Services and watch for our Chief Turkey Caller Deanna, pictured above.
Don’t Be Scared, Set Your Clock,
Come to Work for Us!
Come to Work for Us!
Actually, the actions mentioned in the headline don’t directly relate to each other – but they each independently relate to the CVI!!
- Thursday is our annual Employee Halloween Costume Contest. So Don’t Be Scared if the food server, bartender, guest services person or anyone else working at the CVI appears just a little unusual or out of normal character. He or she is just having a little fun and is also “in the hunt” for some cash prizes!
- Sunday gets stretched out by 4% when we set our clocks back an hour at 2 AM. Just our way of reminding you to do the same on those many watches, clocks (don’t forget the vehicles), and appliances that don’t share the “smart” technology of our phones and computers. How did this all start? How is it correctly spelled? Get all the info here.
you wake up on Monday after that theoretical additional hour of sleep, jump
into Job Action Day by checking out the available
at the Carson Valley Inn, Sharkey’s Casino, Bodines Casino and SlotWorld
Casino. We have a few positions posted that don’t come up too often and we make
it easy for you to apply online!
Poker Room Tournament of Champions
Here's a special bonus for the winner of our daily Opening Shootout during November and December: Each day's winner earns a spot in our $400 winner-take-all Shootout Tournament of Champions on Monday, January 6! After you’ve qualified once, any future “wins” in the daily Shoot Out gains you an extra $100 to your starting chip stack in the Tournament of Champions. Complete guidelines are posted in the Poker Room. Our Noon Shootout Hold’em Tournaments kick off the poker room action every Tuesday – Saturday. The buy in is just $25, no add-ons and winner takes the pot! For more on the CVI Poker Room ongoing featured games, tournaments, and promotions, click here.
This Week’s Promotions Lineup
- Ladies’ Night Wednesday: Due to the Harley Giveaway (see article further up) Ladies’ Night is "off" tonight. We’ll be back next Wednesday, November 6.
- 5X Points Thursday: INN Club members earn 5X Points all day this Thursday for Halloween. And watch for details on our November Thursday promotion in next week’s blog.
- Point Multiplier Friday: Earn 5 Points on Video Poker slots and 3X Points on Video Reels all day this Friday.
- Turkey Trot Drawings and Board Game Fridays and Saturdays: This new weekend board game is covered in the article above.
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 7 PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday in November.
- Breeders’ Cup Weekend: Second only to the Kentucky Derby in popularity amongst our Race Book fans, this weekend’s Breeders Cup offers $28 Million in prizes over the 14 races on Friday and Saturday. The $6 million Longines Classic caps the weekend on Saturday at 5:44 PDT. Among the “Classic” entries is McKinzie, the 4-year-old colt owned by CVI’s owner Mike Pegram. For a quick-read on McKinzie's racing history namesake and special tie to trainer Bob Baffert, check this article by Jay Privman in DFR.
- Sports Book Mike’s Musings:
- NFL favorites went 8-7 against the spread last week. Two of the dogs won.
- The big topic of debate on Monday: Sanchez butt fumble or Mayfield shovel pass? The Butt fumble from 2015 is probably more entertaining, while last Sunday’s shovel has more of a "what the heck was that" shock value. Definitely worth checking out both plays and drawing your own conclusion. Interestingly, both plays were against the same opponent.
- At the moment, the College football playoffs looks to be Clemson, Alabama, LSU and the Big 10 Champs. Hard to see SMU, the Big 12 or Pac 12 jumping past the Alabama/LSU loser. Please note: this year's “game of the century” (LSU at Alabama) is Saturday, Nov 9th.
- Our Pro Pick’em Progressive Jackpot is at $3,580 this week. Pick all 15 NFL winners on our weekly $5 Parlay Card and it’s yours. Each week it is not “hit,” the jackpot climbs based on the collective contest play at the CVI, Sharkey’s Casino, Bodines Casino and SlotWorld Casino.
- Football Extras:
- $2 Coors Light draft at the Casino Bar or in the Cabaret Lounge during all televised NFL and College Games.
- A couple of Free NFL Hats given away for each of the teams playing every Monday Night Football Game.
- Bar Snacks Delivered to Your Seat while you watch or play. Get the full menu and pricing at this link!
- Poker Room Squares Pool: Earn squares as you play in live poker games during the week. Each week we kick in $160 and the payout is on the Monday Night Football Game – $40 to the winners of the first three quarters and the final score. Any unclaimed quarters roll to the next week and for the November 4 Cowboys/Giants game it’s at 85 a quarter!!
- Seasonal Action on the board includes NFL and NCAA Football, Game 7 of the World Series, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, Canadian Football (week 21 of 21), Horse Racing and this Sunday’s NASCAR Monster Energy Series AAA Texas 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway.
- Futures Bets on the board include: 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2020 NCAA Football Championship, 2020 Super Bowl, 2020 NCAA College Basketball, 2020 NBA Championship and 2020 Stanley Cup.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Wednesday: Lasagna is served for just $6.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Thursday: Brats & Cabbage with garlic mashed potatoes for $7.99.
- Friday: Slowly Roasted Brisket with vegetable medley, garlic mashed potatoes & natural au ju for $10.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Saturday: Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad from 4 to 10 PM for $14.99.
- Saturday & Sunday for Brunch from 7 AM to 2 PM: Brunch Skillet - combination of home fried potatoes tossed with peppers, onions, bacon & sausage, scrambled eggs & tomato, topped with melted cheese all for $7.99.
- Sunday Dinner: "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner is served from 2 to 8 PM for just $7.99. We recently enhanced the seasoning and ingredients to achieve improved crispiness and juiciness of this very popular special and encourage you to check out this hearty dinner of southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw.
- Our new November Monday special is Katie’s Shepherd’s Pie: Sautéed ground beef with grandma’s brown gravy, peas and carrots for $5.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Our new November Tuesday special is Pork Chili Verde served with Spanish rice and black beans for $7.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
CV Steak Specials:
Wednesday’s special is Beef Tenderloin Brochette with bell pepper, onions, cherry tomato and a spicy sweet and sour sauce. Thursday is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and herb marinated Lamb Chop Steak. This Friday’s special is Game Tips with mushroom cabernet demi and pepper pappardelle. On Saturday night CV Steak features Garlic Studded Prime Rib. This Sunday’s special is “Oscar Style” Fillet of Salmon with crab and Béarnaise sauce. CV Steak specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm sourdough baguette.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
- Adam Donald tonight: Adam brings an upbeat and entertaining solo show with a heavy arsenal of songs mixing today’s hits with some old country favorites.
- The New Crowns Thursday thru Saturday: The New Crowns” is a three-piece band based out of Sacramento, California. Consisting of brothers Timothy and Michael Brown as well as drummer Nick D’Anneo, the trio plays an array of soul, pop, rock and R&B with a unique twist.
- NFL Football Sunday and Monday Nights: We suspend live entertainment on Sunday and Monday nights during the fall so the featured night NFL games can be enjoyed on the big screen.
- John Palmore Tuesday & Wednesday: Former musical director for the late “LOUIS ARMSTRONG,” John is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other “name” artists.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!