TJ’s Corral Concert Tickets
What A First Week!
We had a very successful first week of sales for our 2018 concerts and we thank the many, many of you who have already bought tickets. Some thoughts and observations after watching folks buy tickets at the hotel desk and reading the literally hundreds of social media comments, instant messages, emails etc.:
- Comprehension vs Response: Even the internet (in this case our ticket site) can hear and understand when over 200 people are talking to it at once (actually buying tickets, perhaps some talking to themselves). However, emailing confirmations went into a queue and sometimes the response wasn't instantaneous. On almost all of the voice messages we received with questions, the caller told us the situation had already cleared and resolved itself by the time we called back, So, thanks for your patience!
- We Also Would Like to See (insert artist name) in TJ’s Corral! We received lots of suggestions on who we should "get" to do a concert in TJ’s. Ah, if only we could simplify the complex interactions of artists, agents, managers, schedules, logistical requirements, performer fee vs. what we'd have to charge for tickets, etc. However, we do appreciate your suggestions.
- On the Opening Act Subject: My band, my brother's band, my girlfriend's band, the hottest band in northern Nevada - that's just a small part of the suggestions we've fielded regarding opening acts. We try to stay away from opening acts. However, on occasion (twice best we can remember) the star has brought an opener and that was part of the "deal" if we wanted the headliner.
- Need a Special Hand? We probably should have mentioned this last week but if you have a situation that requires wheelchair or other special access to our concerts, please purchase your tickets by calling 775-783-7766.
- Thanks for the Memories! Some interesting comments from people who have fond memories of attending some of these artists’ concerts in the past. First concert with the person who is now their spouse, first concert they ever attended, the night they got engaged, etc. Fun stuff!
- Seven at Once Was Well Received: Thanks for your comments about the ease of buying tickets for multiple concerts in one transaction. “It was very nice to be able to purchase all concert tickets at once. The website made it very easy to purchase them. Thank you CVI!!!” You’re welcome . . . and we’re thankful for this upgrade for the 2018 concert season.
- You Bet Fireworks at the July 4 Ted Nugent Concert Would Be Awesome! But . . . there are a half dozen reasons why we cannot do fireworks on July 4th all related to our location, surrounding fields, time of year, exact date, proximity to Minden-Tahoe Airport and prior commitment of county fire and safety resources.
- We Wish We Were That Smart: Thanks to all who congratulated us on being exceptionally clever in announcing Trace Adkins on the same week he was appearing on The Voice as a coach for Blake Shelton’s battle round singers. We wish we could tell you that it was a carefully crafted plan, but Trace Adkins is no stranger to NBC prime time programming and his appearance on The Voice was just happenstance. However, this coincidence might be why his concert is one of the two highest sellers so far!
- And Finally: We expected ticket sales to be strong on the first day . . . And we’re really pleased with how sales have continues since. Please don’t wait too long if you’re planning to attend one of our concerts. Your best and fastest bet for purchasing tickets is through our website which allows you to see the seating layout map and pick your seat(s) for one or more concerts in one transaction. You can also purchase tickets in-person at our Hotel Desk.
Horse Name or Country Song Title?
We noticed some time ago that there is sometimes a remarkable resemblance between the titles of country songs and the names of thoroughbred racing horses – especially horses belonging to Carson Valley Inn owner Mike Pegram. After reading some of the song titles for the artists appearing in TJ’s Corral this summer and seeing the results from Santa Anita Park this past weekend, this resemblance figuratively hit us over the head! So, let’s see what you know! The following list contains the names of three of Mike’s horses (two of 'em finished first in races this past weekend at Santa Anita), two songs by Granger Smith, and one song each by Clint Black and Trace Adkins. If you can get them all correct, we’ll put you in a drawing – winner gets your choice of two tickets to one of our first three concerts or two half gallons of "our choice" whiskey! Obviously you must be 21 to jump in on this one. You can enter by sending an email (click here) or posting your answer in the comments section below by noon on Tuesday, April 3! Here they are: The Whiskey Ain’t Workin’, Wild at Midnight, Marry for Money, Raise Up Your Glass, A Good Run of Bad Luck, I Am the Midnight, Once on Whiskey, Whiskey Ticket.
Easter at the Inn
- Easter Dining at the Inn: Both Katie's and CV Steak will be serving regular menu items all day plus specials on Easter Sunday. Details on the specials are at this link. We checked early this morning and there were still some openings in CV Steak on Easter Sunday. We strongly suggest you make CV Steak reservations as soon as possible by calling 775-783-6650.
- Easter Bunny Cakes are available while they last at Katie’s Bakery Counter. Cheerfully decorated in a variety of colors, these white cakes with buttercream icing and coconut are just $20!
Food and Other Fun Stuff!
- Today is Something on a Stick Day. No corn dogs at the CVI . . . we checked the "page" for this day and their picture shows a shish kebab skewer so we're going with the Seafood Brochette in CV Steak: skewered salmon, swordfish, halibut, scallops and shrimp with a chili lime cilantro. Served with vegetable; choice of baked, twice baked or au gratin potatoes; house salad and baguette of French bread all for $27!
- Thursday is Opening Day of Major League Baseball. How has your team faired over the years on Opening Day? Click here for more than you'll ever want to know about the history of Opening Day! And if we got you thinking about a corn dog in the previous blurb, might try attending a major or minor (Go Aces) league baseball game – usually can find good corn dogs there!
- Friday is Pencil Day which we only point out 'cause we wish we could have filled out our NCAA Brackets in pencil and made some alterations with the eraser as the tournament progressed!
- Sunday is Sourdough Bread Day. We don’t purport to be the next best thing to sourdough capital of the world (San Francisco) but we will tempt you with the Katie’s Beef Bread Bowl - hearty beef stew served in a sourdough bread bowl for just $7.99.
- Sunday is also One Cent Day. Reminds us that we haven’t mentioned our 4-property Penny Progressive lately . . . the jackpot is now over $30,000 and climbing!
- Tuesday is Chocolate Mousse Day. Think the CV Steak Chocolate Mousse . . . quite the fitting topping-off to your Seafood Brochette (or any other entrée) dinner!
In the Casino
- with a Chocolate Shoppe Rocky Road Chocolate Easter Egg for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Baskets as hot seat prizes. Also tonight: games, a weekly drink special, free bingo and last chance to earn entries for tonight’s 8 PM drawing for a $500 Prize.
- $200,000 Cash & Freeplay Giveaway Drawings Friday and Saturday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM this Friday and Saturday for the drawings in our $200,000 Giveaway Promotion. There’s a guaranteed $1000 winner at each drawing both nights . . . plus four more winners at each drawing with lots of cash to go around. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday and Saturday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- Table Games Hot Seats Saturday: If you’re playing any of our casino table games from 7 to 10 PM this Saturday, you could be called when we do one of our Hot Seat Drawings and Win up to $500!
- Multiply Your Points Saturday: INN Club members earn 4X Points on video reel slots and Double Points on video poker slots. So be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and multiply the benefits of your play this Saturday.
- Free Gift Mondays: Every Monday in April we’re offering a Free To-Go Themed Gift to every INN Club member who earns just 100 base points the same day!
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet the NCAA Final Four and Championship games, Major League Baseball (Opening Day this Thursday!), NHL, NBA. You can also place wagers on Horse Racing and the NASCAR O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. Futures on the board include The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships and the 2019 Super Bowl!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Braised Buffalo Short Ribs slow cooked in natural pan sauce for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Hans Eberbach tonight, The Voodoo Cowboys Thursday thru Saturday, Ross Lewis Sunday and Monday and Denver Saunders Tuesday through Thursday. Hans Eberbach sings for Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. He also fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS. The Voodoo Cowboys are the life of the party with their dance-inducing, hard drivin' style whether playing country music (and not the cryin' in your beer stuff) or an impressive selection of classic rock ‘n’ roll. Ross Lewis attained national billboard chart recognition in the late 1980's and has had four billboard hits. His smooth traditional style brought him a nomination for independent male country vocalist of the year. Denver Saunders is an inspiring vocalist/guitarist who is a mainstay with the band Well Dressed Mannequins!
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!